VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I will upload a pic of my computer after I see some results from the other ppl here.

Neon lights anyone? Or just any really cool looking box. I know there was another thread similar to this, but this is for the COOLEST ones of the pack. :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's just a freakin' box man. Why would I want to make it look cool. If I fixed up my PC and showed it to someone, they'd think I was a real big time geek. Actualy I hate PCs, they are a nesesery evil. Even though I'm very good with a PC, I sometimes wish I never learned how to use one.

I would rather make my bike or truck look nice. At least that would turn heads. Nobody cares about a PC, it's just a tool.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, ok, you're right. But I don't regret knowing how to use a computer well. I find it to be very useful everyday...maybe I should have made the thread:

Who has the coolest cars/motorcyles?????

That may have gotten some better attention.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm betting an Eskimo wins the contest for coolest looking computer.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  5. "It's just a freakin' box man. Why would I want to make it look cool. If I fixed up my PC and showed it to someone, they'd think I was a real big time geek"
    That's classic!

A couple of months ago I was shopping for a case and everyone was selling anodized neon cases for over $100USD and it was pissing me off that nobody had regular no-frills cases anymore...I finally found one at outpost.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    "It's just a freakin' box man. Why would I want to make it look cool. If I fixed up my PC and showed it to someone, they'd think I was a real big time geek"
    That's classic!
    @racer-x,
    A couple of months ago I was shopping for a case and everyone was selling anodized neon cases for over $100USD and it was pissing me off that nobody had regular no-frills cases anymore...I finally found one at outpost.com
    I found a 'do nothing' ATX case with P4 power supply for $24.00 and free shipping at buy.com. But it was a close-out.
    Quote Quote  

7. 1.) Dell
    2.) 8 million annoying wires
    3.) Cable MOdem
    4.) Router
    5.) CompactFlash Reader

- - - - - - -

I feel like Hank Hill saying: "yup"
    Quote Quote  
  8. if i told ya my computer is the coolest looking computer u would ever see..i would be a lier but my computer looks decent...im just glad of wats inside it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by racer-x
    I would rather make my bike or truck look nice. At least that would turn heads. Nobody cares about a PC, it's just a tool.
    You could make the same argument for a truck. Its just something to move you from point A to B. Maybe carry lumber or whatnot. Nothing more than a tool.

Plus there is something to say about stylizing a case. It is after all a major part of the room. You don't want it to look ugly, it would make the room ugly. Just like a bad paint job would make the truck look ugly.
    "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    Quote Quote  
  10. Here's mine

Quote Quote  
  11. Very nice, is that a wireless router that I see ?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  

12. 1 - two 80gb harddrives
    2 - dvd burner
    3 - speakers (subwoofer is the only one seen)
    4 - dust city

the coolest computer.. ever[/img]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Notice no sides! Do you even know where the sides for that tower went? I have had a few like that. I was inside them so often, it just didn't make sense to put the sides on.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by The village idiot
    Notice no sides! Do you even know where the sides for that tower went? I have had a few like that. I was inside them so often, it just didn't make sense to put the sides on.
    its probably in storage somewhere.. doesnt matter though.. i think i'm gonna force myself to wait til this computer goes out before i get a new one.. it just wont die though..
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Modding PCs has gotten really big lately. My husband's mag just did a special feature issue on the whole thing.

I don't think it's particularly "geeky". I suppose, once you've spent every penny on the insides and peripherals, used up all your desktop real estate, you might get antsy with where to go next.

Like putting "go faster" stripes on a souped-up car. :cD

Some of these guys are real artists! I couldn't believe what they were able to do. One even had the whole workings built inside of a Lara-lookalike mannequin! :cO

While it's not for me, if I did have the skills, I'd want to show it off.

So... let's see it, pyrate
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the coolest looking one...

Quote Quote  
  17. V Nice Flaystus, your case looks a bit like an Alienware one, is it ?, now they are some flash computers.

www.alienware.com
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not Alienware, I ordered one of the cases from Newegg when they came avalible for general purchase. Of course since then Alienware has moved to their own design again. The mouse is from Alienware, I way OVERPAID for it so that the mouse would be blue also. Actually the mouse is very nice, it was just too expensive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is what my computer looks like.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TGPO, have you seen those guys who Mod their cubes? One person modded it so that he could upgrade the video card if I remember correctly. Most of them were ulgy in that they destoryed the simplicity of the cube, but it was still an interesting site. Sadly I dont have the link handy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I've seen a few mods. I thought about doing a few mods a number of times, but I really like the way it looks and I don't want to mess anything up on it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. This guy has us all beat:http://www4.justnet.ne.jp/~kat/pc/ern/ern001.htm

Just for fun take a look:http://www.lupo.co.jp/develop/ccpc/ccpcbox_index.html

WARNING:both websites are in Japanese so don't freak out.
    Quote Quote  
  23. wonder if the cardboard box model has any cooling problems.....
    Just what is this reality thing anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Very nice, is that a wireless router that I see ?
    Yep, I only use wireless on my iBook though. It's nice to be able to go anywhere in the house or yard and still be connected
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gees, lol. I just like that username. :P
    Here, I'll put mine up while it isn't the most glamorous, it's pretty fast.

The desk is just a temp. I just purchased the new much larger computer desk so I will have tons of space to work with from now on.

In the center are some cool games for PC: Warcraft 3, GTA:Vice City, and James Bond 007 Nightfire.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Flaystus, please tell me these are your kids (toys):

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by i_am_dave
    wonder if the cardboard box model has any cooling problems.....
    I've built a few in boxes before. Easier to work on when you need to troubleshoot things. When they are working then it can go into a case.

Right now I have one of these:

and one of these

and one of these:
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'd bet 10 bucks that the game controller on Pyrate's desk was bought for the main purpose of playing GTA: Vice City!

I bought one for that too
    "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Solarjetman Posted: Aug 20, 2003 15:24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd bet 10 bucks that the game controller on Pyrate's desk was bought for the main purpose of playing GTA: Vice City!

I bought one for that too

---------------------------

Yep, I probably wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. Vice City is a cool game....maybe we should start a thread solely for discussing Vice City. It got game of the year I just saw.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Moviegeek,

That first link you posted was the exact one I was talking about in my post. :c)

I'd only seen it published in the mag co. my husband works at.
    Thanks for finding it.
    ===
    Pyrate,

Yours looks good - deserves that new desk. :c) What is the egg-shaped thing in the center of the pic?
    ===

I've never used a Mac, but I gotta say I love the look of them - I wouldn't change it.
    Quote Quote