1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my computer looks like this and when I turn it on it gives me a table dance

member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricky1756
    my computer looks like this and when I turn it on it gives me a table dance

I heard that model in particular is very hard to maintain and is very demanding, looks quite expensive too.
    No tengo miedo a la muerte. Solo significa soñar en silencio. Un sueño que perdura por siempre. ..
    Quote Quote  
  3. And it doesn't compute that fast either...

On the other hand I wouldn'n mind playing with it the whole day...
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    you guys need to take a trip to other countries (where majority of people are not of a fat bastard type yet)... you'll find plenty, and I mean PLENTY of better looking models than this on any average street LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DereX888
    you guys need to take a trip to other countries (where majority of people are not of a fat bastard type yet)... you'll find plenty, and I mean PLENTY of better looking models than this on any average street LOL

I am in another country, in addition I have been in South America, Mexico and the United States.
    No tengo miedo a la muerte. Solo significa soñar en silencio. Un sueño que perdura por siempre. ..
    Quote Quote  
  6. I got a lot of FANS, heat is the number one killer for microchips.

A total of 9 fans.

one 120mm intake fan
    two 80mm HD fan/heatsink
    one 80mm northbridge fan
    one PCI slot blower
    one VGA cooler fan
    one rear case fan
    one CPU fan
    one 120mm PSU fan

Thats a total of 9 internal fans.

As I keep it a desk that has a door
    there is also an external 120mm 110volt fan blowing air out
    in to the next room (hole in the wall)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonyp12
    I got a lot of FANS, heat is the number one killer for microchips.

A total of 9 fans.

one 120mm intake fan
    two 80mm HD fan/heatsink
    one 80mm northbridge fan
    one PCI slot blower
    one VGA cooler fan
    one rear case fan
    one CPU fan
    one 120mm PSU fan

Thats a total of 9 internal fans.

As I keep it a desk that has a door
    there is also an external 120mm 110volt fan blowing air out
    in to the next room (hole in the wall)
    That computer must sound like a jet with all those fans.
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SLICK RICK

No no no, you lower the cone of silence ... the new model with the heat exchanger that powers your big screen TV and feeds excess amps back to the grid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_of_Silence
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV
    Originally Posted by SLICK RICK

No no no, you lower the cone of silence ... the new model with the heat exchanger that powers your big screen TV and feeds excess amps back to the grid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_of_Silence

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pyrate83
    I will upload a pic of my computer after I see some results from the other ppl here.

Neon lights anyone? Or just any really cool looking box. I know there was another thread similar to this, but this is for the COOLEST ones of the pack. :P
    My Comp: Dell Inspiron B120.

Its Slick, Compact, Powerful, EASY to upgrade....and friggin' SWEET!

I could use one of those USB-keyboard vacuums though. Laptop screen&keyboard collect dust&stuff like a magnet
    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2732

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    now THATS what I want my pc workstation to look like before too long. I'll want to get a 1080P TV so I can do 1920x1080..wooo hoo.
    Quote Quote  

12. I just added a Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200.9 hard drive and took this picture while I had it open.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    500GB? Wow! It amazes me why the hell ANYONE would "need" that kind of space.

Meh but i never keep anything permanently stored to a HDD. Everything is burned/saved to CD/DVD-R. For my needs, my 40GB HDD is PLENTY enough.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have four 400GB external HDs. One has my entire CD collection (550+ discs, uncompressed) on it. The others various Music Videos and Live Music performances from my extensive music DVD collection. All available to be played at the click of the mouse.

The second internal drive is mainly for holding various video projects as I work on them, HDV video takes up 12-13GB/hour (as does DV video). Capturing an 8-hour VHS tape to DV format would result in a ~100GB file. Sometimes I deal with uncompressed video, and that is 5x larger still.

But right now the two internal discs have 90%+ space free on them both.

I too store stuff off to DVD when I feel I won't need it often enough to not mind having to find and put a disc in to access it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bobkart
    whats the point of adding large speakers if theyre set less than 2 meters apart?
    You can't hear any sound depth/width here (assuming there are at least 2 rear speaks off the picture), not mentioning sound separation for center piece which I don't even see there
    Quote Quote  
  16. I guessed I missed the memo prohibiting less-than-two-meter speaker separation.

Seriously, give me a break. I can hear the channel separation fine. Center sounds come in right in the center like they should. Yes there a couple of simlar speakers to the rear. Next you'll be telling me it's wrong because I don't have a subwoofer.

Please link me to this 2-meter rule.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I guessed I missed the memo prohibiting less-than-two-meter speaker separation.

Seriously, give me a break. I can hear the channel separation fine. Center sounds come in right in the center like they should. Yes there a couple of simlar speakers to the rear. Next you'll be telling me it's wrong because I don't have a subwoofer.

Please link me to this 2-meter rule.
    ROTFL
    You need memo how to setup sound? Here's the LINK
    Seriously, dude, you posted it here, I posted my opinion.
    I'm sure I didn't miss any memo saying "only positive comments allowed" :P
    Quote Quote  
  18. No, I don't need a memo to tell me how to setup my speakers, nor do I need you.

Tell you what, you setup your speakers how you like them and I'll do likewise.

I don't see the picture of your "superior" setup. How brave of you to criticize someone's picture while not exposing yourself to the same thing.

For the record, the speakers are 1.8m apart. You have yet to justify your magic "2-meter rule". Don't you think it matters how far back from the speakers you are? Farther back and you'd need even more than 2 meters to keep the same apparent separation. Closer to them and you could have less than 2 meters and keep the same apparent separation. In other words, there is nothing magic about a 2 meter minimum separation. I guess you just pulled that number out of the air (or somewhere foul smelling).

Ah, hold on, I see now what's going on, I just checked your earlier post in this Topic, and it too was shooting something down. I get it. Nothing's ever good enough for you, not Jessica Simpson ("you guys need to take a trip to other countries"), not $2000 speakers ("they're only at 90% of what I claim to be the minimum large speaker separation!"). In that case, I will now take my leave of you. Post what you will, but do not expect any further responses to your posts from me.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well, here is my supercomputer, a 1984 HP110 Laptop, complete with a Thinkjet printer and external Floppy Drive unit.It comes with a beeper speaker, DOS2.11, 5.33MHz 8086 CMOS CPU, an RS232C port, Acid Lead batteries (16hours autonomy!), 272kb of RAM and it only weighs 4kg . It comes with Lotus 1-2-3 (spreadsheet). What's most amazing, as you can see it still works fine!! And at the time (1985) it only was $5000.
    Here is more info on the HP110: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/doc.asp?c=445

Here is a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop I owned about 5 years ago. I took this picture when it was being serviced to replace the MOBO.

And here is my Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and you can get the computer details from my info (it's an old picture, the videocard was replaced as you can see in my info)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Wow. No wonder you are wanting to build a new computer! Save that one a bit more and a Computer Museum may make you an offer . . .

I had an IMSAI 8080 from 1976 to 1986. Some may recall that model as being featured in the movie War Games. They are collector's items now.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Bobkart, I just edited my post to include two later models. Regarding the HP110, I plan to upgrade it to use it as a HD video editing station .
    Quote Quote  
  22. Cool, I've never seen a laptop apart.

Seems you like Dell 8x00 models.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by bobkart
    The reason I chose Dell is because it's probably the only US computer company that offers warranty service in my country even if you purchase the computer in the USA. And I can't really complain about Dell, at least in my case the computers I owned from them were very dependable and the Warranty Service I received when needed was excellent. I own the Dell PC for 4 years already and there was never a single failure yet.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I wonder how come the acid lead batteries in the HP110 still work after 20 years????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alegator
    The reason I chose Dell is because it's probably the only US computer company that offers warranty service in my country even if you purchase the computer in the USA. And I can't really complain about Dell, at least in my case the computers I owned from them were very dependable and the Warranty Service I received when needed was excellent. I own the Dell PC for 4 years already and there was never a single failure yet.
    My first Laptop ever, the one i mentioned above: A new 2006 Dell Inspiron B120. Dispite being the cheapest Laptop model they have, it performs like a champ. Also easy to upgrade.

And ofcoarse- the Dell B120 was the cheapest brand new laptop i could find out there, at $450 total(free shipping at the time).

Yeah, no regrets here for going with Dell.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Here is my computer with cassette tape mass storage

Quote Quote  
  27. Less than 6 months ago I saw something almost identical to that old HP in current use in an actual business, and not a rinky-dink one, either. Something had gone wrong with it and I refused to even open the case and told them not to spend 10 cents on it. They were not real serious about fixing it as they had newer PC's and knew it was ancient. I'm pretty sure this was a Tandy model, been a long time since I had seen the original Deskmate.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, I don't need a memo to tell me how to setup my speakers, nor do I need you.

Tell you what, you setup your speakers how you like them and I'll do likewise.

I don't see the picture of your "superior" setup. How brave of you to criticize someone's picture while not exposing yourself to the same thing.
    Exactly thats why you don't see my 'superior' setup pics here - because I don't care what you or anyone else might think about my setup (and yes, it is 'superior' lol)
    Still don't get it I see... Its very simple: don't want comments = don't post next time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, this thread was started almost 5 years ago!!!!!
    Quote Quote