VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I have 3 or 4 "Video Clips" on my hard drive. My problem is that I am trying to delete these. But when I do it gives me an error..."It is being used by another person or program....Close any programs that might be using the file and try again".........

Is there any way to delete these? I have made sure that there wasn't anything else running or nothing at all is useing these files. I have tried renameing them and all kinds of other options but nothing seems to work. I also went to Microsofts web site but couldn't find any info on this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. try rebooting or closing Kazaa/Kazaa Lite...
    THIS has been an RVL123 production...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I know that these were downloaded because I ran into the problem once myself.

Try this: Copy or "send to" another location and then you should be able to delete the original video clip as well as the one created when you hit copy or "send to"

It works, I don't know why it works but it does. I have a feeling the file may corrupted, that's all.

Hope this helps. :P
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for everyones help. But after all of your ideas still nothing seems to work. I have gone as far as uninstalling Kazaa and reinstalling it. The strage thing is I can delete ever other kind of file...AVI, WMV, MOV, etc. The only ones I can't are called Video Clips, which I don't the exact ext to these. It's real strange.....

One thing I forgot to note from before...This isn't the same hard drive that my operating system is on. So the idea of messing with the regedt won't work right? And if my Kazaa is on my F:, but these files are on my C: could that be part of the problem? downloading to a different drive?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by The Stinger
    Thanks for everyones help. But after all of your ideas still nothing seems to work. I have gone as far as uninstalling Kazaa and reinstalling it. The strage thing is I can delete ever other kind of file...AVI, WMV, MOV, etc. The only ones I can't are called Video Clips, which I don't the exact ext to these. It's real strange.....

One thing I forgot to note from before...This isn't the same hard drive that my operating system is on. So the idea of messing with the regedt won't work right? And if my Kazaa is on my F:, but these files are on my C: could that be part of the problem? downloading to a different drive?
    The drive it's on should have very little to do with it. You might be able to do it from command line if you boot to the CLI.
    My AVI -> Any Format Guide is available here.
    My Frame Resize Calculator (enhanced for Virtualdub) is available here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get these from time to time, and only with AVI files. I used some version of a file-burner to get rid of it. Norton has one in SystemWorks somewhere, so does Stealth (an encryption program). Basically these programs overwrite that area of the hard drive with zeroes or whatever hex key you want and it doesn't care if the file is "in use by another program" or not. It reminds you that deleting something in this manner can be dangerous but all you're deleting is a stubborn video file so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The Stinger
    One thing I forgot to note from before...This isn't the same hard drive that my operating system is on. So the idea of messing with the regedt won't work right?
    So are we to understand you did not try the registry edit guide?
    Hello.
    Quote Quote