VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI,

When I analyze an SVCD file created by TMPGEnc, I get an error message.

Can VCDEasy fix it?

How?

Where can I set "update scan offsets" and what will this do?

As you can see, I am a real newbie.
    Thank you!

Regards,

Joe O
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough info here to respond properly. Why don't you just throw in a disc and try to burn it and see. Should only cost you a few cents, unless you bought your CDs at the supermarket. I know that VCDeasy is always finding errors of some kind, but I just burn the disc anyway and it seems to play. If you got the 'error' message while you were still in TMPGEnc, then you probably have a real error. Just re-render and see if that fixes it. (especially if you processed the sound thru TMPGEnc.) Sorry but I don't know what 'update scan offsets' means. I'm still sort of a newbie too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where can I set "update scan offsets" and what will this do?
    I've asked this q too, as I always get this warning. I think Vitualis answered it: It's some pretty old compatibility issue, and will not affect SVCD playback. Just ignore it.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just go to the VCDeasy setting page and turn off the "update scan offsets" warnings. You will not see the warnings again and hence not worry you. VCDeasy burns with these Tmpg files with no problems on playback.
    Quote Quote  
  5. your err-or message is probably somnething to do with being non compatibe eg it is not 100% correct. It may have 48khz sound or non closed gops. Burn it to a CDrw and it wont even cost a few cents. Also fully close tmpgenc before opening its output file (it can take qute a few minutes to finish writing out its file).

VCDeasy cant fix nothing.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote