VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by housepig
    I dunno, I don't find it that difficult to sit down with a pen and a piece of paper and watch the file in PowerDVD, and note down where to put the chapters in between songs....

seems like 6 of one, half dozen of another - if you are willing to crawl through the file in the preview window of DVD Lab, why not crawl through it in a media player? You could have Notepad open in another window and enter your time codes, generate a text chapter list which would then take about 20 seconds to import into DVD Lab...
    Its a matter of efficiency, I dont have the time to sit and watch through the entire video and make notes. I work primarily with music video and I need to be able to drag the pointer close to the end of a song, then hit play to note the exact end point to add a chapter. Without being able to monitor the audio its a pain, and while your idea would work, its an extra, time consuming step that should be completely unnecessary.

DVDlab also allows you to adjust audio timing for those files where audio and video are slightly out of sync, doesnt this seem like an odd feature to offer if you cant monitor the audio to determine how much of a change +/- to give the audio track to sync up to the video? Sure, you could do this in another application too, but that would likely be a dvd authoring app, again making dvd lab pointless.

Mind you, my frustration is because if DVD lab could monitor audio, it would be THE tool. I'm not just trying to rag on it, I just wish I could use it.

-v20
    "Did you see what GOD just did to us??" - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am amazed at the complexity to create DVD with AC3 audio. neoDVD Plus is a cheap program that can encoded AVI to DVD with AC3 audio (no sweat).

Yes, I know many do not like the canned menus and other restrictions. For video thjat are not too long (~ 90min or so), neoDVD Plus does a very nice job VERY QUICKLY.

How about ReelDVD ? You drag in .WAV or MP2 file and it will convert to AC3 automatically. The downside, ReelDVD is expensive.
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote