VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Shotgun was the name of the tech that Diamond created, when in truth the technology has been around longer then that. These days its called multilink. Yes its around, but the cheapest account I can find that supports one is $25 a month, plus the cost of the extra phone line. It adds up pretty quick but I have considered it. I told you I have thought of just about everything.

BTW ISPs that support is are super rare.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by flaystus
    ... $25 a month, plus the cost of the extra phone line.
    All the cost of a high speed connection... a fraction of the bandwidth.
    Swift Kick In The Butt $1.00

"Everybody I know needs what I'm selling!" - Calvin
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by flaystus
    I told you I have thought of just about everything.
    Have you considered two Dixie cups and a long string?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Flaystus,

I did that before my cable connection. One ISP,two phone lines,dial up on both, averaged about 98kbps combined, no extra charge for connecting twice. Were not the same modems,either,say a Zoltrix and a Lucent.
    The second line was for the computer, decided I didn't really care to talk on the phone, why not connect?
    Besides, anyone I do want to talk to has my cell number..

But, man, I do love this cable connection!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @gmatov

None of the ISPs in the area support it without an extra monthly fee. If not for the fee I would consider it. Also since I live outside of dallas a little I have ametro line to call dallas numbers, which cost more then the line itself.

So I would need to find an ISP that supports it, AND has anumber I can call locally so that the second line doesn't have to be a metro line.

I've considered it, and I still am, but I'm just not sure if its worth it. I don't suppose that ISP that let you do it for no charge is national are they?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flaystus
    I have no idea what flashnet is. I've checking into ISDN, to expensive to have limited channel hours and IDSL (isdn plugged into a DSL dslam) and there is no dslam close enough to plug me into. I've even looked at Sat. Internet, but I like to play games so the latency kills that idea. There really isn't a good solution for poeple like me. Someday maybe...
    If you can find a local network provider who will play ball you can roll your own DSL connection. If you're too far away from the exchange the phone company won't give you DSL because they can't provide service at the quality they claim. If you can find a network provider who will handle it they'll just tell the telco to hook up the lines, or if you find one that will at least work with you on it you can order an alarm pair to connect you to their office (that's all most DSL lines are). More than once I've heard of small businesses being told by the telco that they were too far away, but when they talked to some other provider they got hooked up just fine with the understanding that they might not get the maximum possible DSL speed.
    A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i wonder if my cousin 1st copy of Xp was actually legitimate now
    Quote Quote