VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. i have just started to use Nero 6 and i think it is prety good. I liked very much the Nero vision. the new feature to put audio on the slideshows and with effects. and de Menus, wow, just great. background audio! or even better, video as background, and the animated thumbnails!
    I just loved it! is not as good as dvd menus (interactive), but the most you can have with vcd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Umm Nero is ok.. but it has no support for chapters.

Very important if you accidentally screw up during play of a VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hmmm... I like Nero 5.5.x.x. But the Nero 6 didn't impress me too much. I didn't like it that you couldn't select which apps or which parts you wanted or DIDN'T want. It was either all or nothing. Its becoming bloatware. Sigh. Nero was known for the control that you had burning a disk but not anymore I guess. I'm sticking with 5.5 for now.
    Swift Kick In The Butt $1.00

"Everybody I know needs what I'm selling!" - Calvin
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WickedDVD hey! the new Nero vision has an option to put chapters!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by omega_weapon
    Wow. i have just started to use Nero 6 and i think it is prety good. I liked very much the Nero vision. the new feature to put audio on the slideshows and with effects. and de Menus, wow, just great. background audio! or even better, video as background, and the animated thumbnails!
    I just loved it! is not as good as dvd menus (interactive), but the most you can have with vcd.
    Nero is simpler to learn for making (S)VCD. But everyone here will tell you that VCDEasy is better for authoring VCD.

Originally Posted by omega_weapon
    WickedDVD hey! the new NeroNerovision has an option to put chapters!!
    I have not used NeroVision. But Nero5.x.x.x did not have chapters. Those menus and chapters in Nero are not true chapters. They are actually separate MPEG files. Nero allows to bind different MPEGS into a menu with picture thumbnails with an optional background picture.

Regards,
    *** My computer can beat me at chess, but is no match when it comes to kick-boxing. ***
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have always used Nero 5.xxx for VCD's of still pics I have taken with my digital camera. The quality is the best of all of the other slideshow creator software packages, even the commercial ones .(I realize that other programs allow music backgrounds, but I am concerned about the picture quality on the screen.)

However, Nero 6 will only allow 99 pictures. When I try to bring in a couple hundred pictures, the program stops at 99 and tells me that "the maximum number of tracks in an audio cd is 99". I KNOW THAT, but I have chosen the VCD layout!

I have written to the Nero support team and they replied that this is a known bug & it will be fixed in the first update to Nero 6 which will be coming out in September.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pbhalerao hi! well, i used to work with vcdeasy some time ago, but I had some problems with the chapters to get them working. and you need to make and Image first, that takes so much time. nero doesnt require that.

Pbhalero wrote:
    I have not used NeroVision. But Nero5.x.x.x did not have chapters. Those menus and chapters in Nero are not true chapters. They are actually separate MPEG files. Nero allows to bind different MPEGS into a menu with picture thumbnails with an optional background picture
    I know what you mean with the nero 5.x, the diference between chapter and track. But Nero 6 has an option to put chapters just like vcdeasy, (both aren't real chapters, however. only DVD has real chapters)believe me, try it!! if i wrote this is because I am very pleased with it. the most great thing you can find in a Author software is the menus and chapters feature. just try the latest version of nero and nero vision.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by omega_weapon
    I know what you mean with the nero 5.x, the diference between chapter and track. But Nero 6 has an option to put chapters just like vcdeasy, (both aren't real chapters, however. only DVD has real chapters)believe me, try it!! if i wrote this is because I am very pleased with it. the most great thing you can find in a Author software is the menus and chapters feature. just try the latest version of nero and nero vision.
    Omega_Weapon,

Indeed, I will try out Nero Vision. I don't have it at the moment. I have no bias for or against any s/w.

Cheers,
    *** My computer can beat me at chess, but is no match when it comes to kick-boxing. ***
    Quote Quote