VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by soundforbjt
    Originally Posted by tompika
    How is that? Why?

Think about it...if this company could produce a CD burner capable of putting 1.4gigs on a cd in any format, don't you think every company would be doing that?

HD Burn is very specific in the type of data that can be used. It is compressed very heavilly and only the burner can read it. No stock CD Rom\DVD Rom can read these discs.
    I didn't say you could wacth a HD burned VCD in a regular CD-ROM.
    I know it plays only in the burner and some HD capable drive.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry tompika & defense.

I stand corrected, According to their(optorite's) website, you can burn video using HD Burn.

I'm wondering now, How many dvd stand-alones could play them!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by vance43211
    the site say it is very picky about media

so i guess if you use tdk and use filmware 2.09 you would be alright

but that is no guarentee

but if i were you and i could

i would take that drive back to the store

and get a different brand

i don't know if this helps
    You think maybe it's "Marked Errors"?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by soundforbjt
    I think none.

But you can watch them on your computer playing in its burner.

Thats what I meant
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tompika
    Originally Posted by soundforbjt
    I think none.

But you can watch them on your computer playing in its burner.

Thats what I meant

From their website "A written disc by "HD-BURN" technology is compatible with a DVD player, and allows the player to read the disc with some modification of firmware. SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. will disclose the technology used to read the media written with "HD-BURN" technology by a DVD player, and will propose to other DVD drive manufacturers that they adopt this technology as an industry standard."
    Quote Quote  
  6. In the future!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. tompika said:

(S)VCD doesn't need the error correction of the regular CD format
    that's why it can save up that space.
    (S)VCD has a kinda error correction in it's stream.
    That doesn't mean anything here. Your talking about already burning the disk in a different mode...which would basically attempt to put 1.6 MB's onto a 700 MB DISK. And even though "VIDEO" is supported by this HD TECHNOLOGY...that certainly does NOT mean SVCD at that capacity is supported. Let's see the results people have when and IF they are able to do this.

When you take that into account with the HD technology....I can see how their would be problems. I'm not going to say there will DEFINITELY be issues, but I could see where there surely could be.

This HD technology is so new as it is...it only allows specific cd media to be used in correlation with it. Those cd's are hard to obtain and you just won't get them from your local retailers. I've never seen Best Buy sell Taiyo Yuden's...etc.

And that even strengthens my already strong point. Those FEW CD's that have been proven to work with this HD technology..are cd's which are much more expensive then your regular CD's.

When you take into account the price of a Taiyo Cd, vs. the most inexpensive DVDR disk...it's a no brainer....in most cases you'd burn a DVD and not an SVCD. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. People DON'T buy DVD BURNERS to burn SVCD's. And I haven't read a single post of a person who has burned 1.6+ MB's onto a single 700 MB CD. If you have...please enlighten me.

I know POOPY4BRAINS hasn't...because they're clueless as it is. But i'd like to see ANY facts that SVCD's at that size can EVEN be burned onto a 700 MB CD TO BEGIN WITH.

Anybody feel free to post where someone has successfully accomplished this. We need to start seeing some facts here...there's too much speculation and zero facts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. defense

I did not say it meant anything here.

I was just referring to what you said
    Originally Posted by defense
    you're already increasing the disk size by 100 MB's+ in many cases
    which is not correct.
    You cant increase the disk size.
    Quote Quote  
  9. which is not correct.
    You cant increase the disk size.
    No "obviously" you can't...lol..I meant to say that you are already increasing the amount of data which goes onto the disk by 100 MB's. It can be accomplished because you are burning the disk in a different mode. But check this out...who is to say that you can use this HD technology to burn 1.6 MB's onto a 700 MB CDR? First, the technology is so new and it's only allows for a MINIMAL amount of cd's to be used with it as it is....who is to say their won't be bugs with burning 1.4 MB's of MP3's onto a disk within' the HD SPECS?

It's too early to tell...plus the fact that standalones need firmware upgrades to play the HD burned disks....it's a challenge in its own right. But to say that people are gonna even be remotely interested in SVCD's when they go out and purchase a DVD BURNER is just humorous. And IF these SVCD's @ the 1.6 MB capacity can NOT be burned on one of the "FEW" Compatible 700 MB CDR's, then that just makes POOPY4BRAINS go from being 99% Shit4brains to 100% shit4brains.

BTW, POOPY4BRAINS, show me where ANYONE has successfully burned 1.6 MB's onto a 700 MB CDR? You can't.....why not? People who want to use this technology WILL BUY A DVD BURNER SO THAT THEY CAN BURN SVCD'S ONTO ONE CDR. LMAO

P.S tompika, do you live in Germany? I see you know about Warsteiner....best beer i've ever had.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by defense
    First, the technology is so new and it's only allows for a MINIMAL amount of cd's to be used with it as it is...
    Yeah, we'll see how far it can go.

But to say that people are gonna even be remotely interested in SVCD's when they go out and purchase a DVD BURNER is just humorous.
    I wouldn't **** my brain again with counting bitrates,...etc and waiting 12 hours for transcoding when I can get much better quality in an hour on one disc (DVD)

just makes POOPY4BRAINS go from being 99% Shit4brains to 100% shit4brains.
    just can't stop loving the spiceboy can you

P.S tompika, do you live in Germany? I see you know about Warsteiner....
    no but since I got a German name.....

best beer i've ever had.
    Jaaaaa
    Quote Quote  
  11. I wouldn't **** my brain again with counting bitrates,...etc and waiting 12 hours for transcoding when I can get much better quality in an hour on one disc (DVD)
    Nor would just about ANYBODY else who purchases a DVD BURNER. And even if making an SVCD took the same amount of time as a DVDR....the majority STILL WOUDLN'T MAKE SVCD's....because of the price of DVDRs being so inexpensive as well as the ability to keep menu's and extras....HELL A MONKEY wouldn't use a DVD BURNER to make SVCD's.

Warsteiner= Jaaaaa lol
    Quote Quote  
  12. Good afternoon!

The HD-Burn process is a firmware-controlled telemetry process; hence, DVD player firmware can be flashed and upgraded to read HD-Burn'd CDs. Basically the data pits on a CD-R are burned closer together, but the overall track pitch is NOT reduced.

http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/structure.html

I have requested the Book specifications from Sanyo on this technology. It could make for interesting reading...

.indolikaa.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by indolikaa
    The HD-Burn process is a firmware-controlled telemetry process; hence, DVD player firmware can be flashed and upgraded to read HD-Burn'd CDs. Basically the data pits on a CD-R are burned closer together, but the overall track pitch is NOT reduced.
    Yeah but how many manufacturers will implement this into the standalone firmware and when?
    BTW miniDVD and DVDmp3 also depend on the firmware but I won't see my Lasonic play any of these
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by tompika
    Yeah but how many manufacturers will implement this into the standalone firmware and when?
    Right on! You followed the natural de-evolution of the format!

My guess? Sanyo, and maybe RCA/GE, since all three are rumored to be in bed together in the consumer electronics field.

Probably by Christmas when the new models arrive, but RCA and GE have such a horrible reputation in the CE field (speaking not just as somebody who used to repair their shit, but from a feeling throughout the industry) that Sanyo probably guaranteed the death of the format with that alliance, if it really exists. And I suspect it does.

Beyond that? I'd say nobody. With recordable DVD items falling in price faster than my Enron stock ever did, where's the incentive?

Just a few stray thoughts...
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'll be getting this burner sometime this week from NewEgg.com.

Hope I'm not a poopyhead for buying this thing. LOL.
    Anyone try the new firmware 2.16 or something like that? I would like to know what issues it deals with.
    Quote Quote