VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 75
Thread
  1. I'd be willing to be somewhere along the line with that .mpg file to the TMPENCauthoring proggy...there were errors by the user. Especially when they said they can burn SVCD's and audio cd's with their burner. Your still talking about data, so if the burners laser or burner itself had an internal issue...it would be noticed on SVCD's as well.

    Either way...the poster has contradicted themself on a couple of occasions. Mainly when they said they initially burned movies on only +RW disks...11 of them to be exact. They then said they couldn't rip those movies from an RW and burn it to a -R disk and have it playable in their standalone. When I gave them a suggestion, they said it isn't their standalone and that the problem they had was when they tried to re-rip the -R disks and burn them again to a -R disk.


    i am x said:
    I made about 11 projects and stored them all on DVD+RW disks for later use.
    Then i am x said:
    I think this burner is very sensitive about what program it will let make copies of DVD's. It burns DVD's fine when you author them, then burn them to DVD, but when you try to make COPIES of any DVDs you've authored, then the damn thing freaks out.
    I mean which one is it? First they say it was tranferring from an +RW to the -R format was the issue. Then they say that it will burn to DVD's fine..but when you try to copy to another DVD the writer FREAKS OUT?

    LMAO...those are two completely different scenarios...one of them dealing with format issues...the other..dealing with a simple 1 to 1 copy.

    You are so wrong about this that it isn't even funny.
    I am, huh? So you are saying that your standalone player plays your RW but your DVD ROM doesn't. Then you say the exact opposite for your -R's with the exception of some occasional skipping. lol..your right..i'm wrong....

    I don't want to confuse i_am_x anymore...but hopefully someone can help them so they can get this issue resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Search Comp PM
    this is what i get from the whole situation

    tell me if i'm wrong

    the Optorite DD0203 has some new feature call hdburn. sony has it too, but only on a couple of their burners


    when they burn their movie dvd, that hdburn technolgy is implement in it too

    now being that this is a cheap drive with new technology

    if you are lucky your standalone might recognize the disc

    but you dvd-rom won't (as it don't recognize this technology)

    upgrading your dvd-rom filmware might fix the problem

    then again it will probably won't, as most companies hasn't embrace this technology

    this Optorite DD0203 burner is very very picky about media too

    that probably has to do with that hdburn technology



    now if you just have to have that hdburn technology

    i would go with the sony drive

    as sony will fix issues quicker than Optorite will

    whom i learned from reading on this site

    thay aren't really returning calls or email
    Quote Quote  
  3. @Vance, what you said initially seemed to make sense to me, as I read the HDBURN as a simple burn to the HD....I didn't realize the technology. But after reading more posts it seemed as though that's not the issue the user is having. He said his DVD-R disk can be read in his DVD-ROm but it jitters after 30 seconds or so. That's what made me suggest what I did....but they are too quick to think they know it all...when they were the ones who asked the questions to begin with.


    At any rate, check this link out for the OPTODISK "HDBURN" technology. It specificially says that what it does is to allow for the write of "CD" media @ twice the cd media's capacity . For example, you can write 1.4 MB's of data onto a 700 MB CD.

    That's the gist of the technology and only pertains to 'CD's' not DVD's. I still think from everything the poster specified...there is a problem with their authoring techniques.

    Especially when they said they can burn SVCD's and audio cd's with no problems at all.

    Here's the link on the specifications of "HDBURN."

    http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/hd-product.html

    Here's a more specific link: http://www.sanyo.co.jp/koho/hypertext4-eng/0209news-e/0925-2e.html

    What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Search Comp PM
    ok

    i really got it now

    why would anybody want twice the data on a cd is beyond me

    with the price on cd so cheap

    to each

    his own
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok

    i really got it now

    why would anybody want twice the data on a cd is beyond me

    with the price on cd so cheap

    to each

    his own
    yea, I hear you..and agree. Just look at the price of 4x DVD media dropping in retailers...cd media can be had almost for free, if not for free after rebates.

    I think it's just another marketing stunt. Because companies like Optodisk implement this Sanyo "HDBURN" technology...that's a way they can market that they have something that other burners don't have....or at least...very few other burners have. That might make someone say..oh..wow...I want this new technology because my burner will have HDBURN while yours wont...etc..etc.

    I'll tell you though...it would be nice for there to be a "HDDVDBURN" type technology..where you could burn around 9 GB's on a 4.37 GB disk.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by defense
    I'll tell you though...it would be nice for there to be a "HDDVDBURN" type technology..where you could burn around 9 GB's on a 4.37 GB disk.
    there would be no dvd player compatibility whatsoever....similar to current HD Burned CD-Rs....

    ---------

    btw, ppl want to fit as much as they can on CD-R..not because of price..but because it's less CDs to change....and you can fit higher quality SVCD and not have to change every 20 min.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @poopyhead, your posts are almost always way too opinionated.

    You said that people want to burn twice as much on a cd to save space. That isn't true. You are trying to answer for everyone out there because maybe that would be a reason for YOU to burn more info on a CD. Don't get me wrong, if cd's were OFFICIALLY 1.4 MB's...then i'd be fine with it...but I don't like the idea of technology changing the specs of my DVD by twice as much.

    Another thing you didn't account for in your response were the people like me who don't like changing the structure of a cd. For example...take X ARTIST WITH 15 SONGS...if i'm making a CD...I want MY CD to be X ARTIST WITH 15 songs...NOT X ARTIST WITH 20 SONGS...NOT X, Y ARTIST....no...I want the EXACT 1-1 OF THE CD. Obviously Vance agrees with me, because he said as much. So it looks like two "people" here don't agree with your philosophy.

    Of course SOME people would love to put as much data on a cd as possible...i'm just not one of them..and I bet many others would agree with me. You want to make a nice cover for your cd...you want it 1-1 and 700 MB's is more then enough to do that.

    If I didn't have a DVD burner, I wouldn't even consider the OPTOWRITE...with this technology or without it.

    Not only that....I could easily of put 3-4 SVCD's on a single DVD if I chose to. But I don't want to do that either..for the same reasons I mentioned above.

    As far as the HDDVDBURN scenario I gave...it was hypothetical...but for you to say "NEVER" about anything is naive. Technology is changing at a feverish pace...and I bet you're the kind of guy that would of said months ago...oh....a DVD which holds 23-30 GB's of information won't be here for an eternity...if at all. Now look.....blue ray is already released...the technology is already here. You can never say never...but my post was hypothetical as it was.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by i am x
    Originally Posted by TBoneit
    You did upgrade the firmware to the latest? Example: in my testing it wouldn't burn Fuji 4X before the firmware upgrade.

    I upgraded to the latest firmware then I trial burned for testing on that model at work, Fuji 4X -R & TDK 4X +R with no problems.

    You say disks within drive standards, However you didn't mention brand. I'd suspect that you are trying cheap disks.

    Good Luck
    Hey TBoneit, I've upgraded to the newest firmware for that drive (2.11). Also, I've tried to burn onto TWO disc types that were specified by the manufacturer, the Fuji 4X -R's, and the HP +R's. Neither one of them worked! Please help! By the way, what I'm having problems with is burning movies onto those dvd's. The movies are .mpgs that were made DVD compliant, then authored with TMPGEnc DVD Author, then I attempted to burn the finished product onto the blanks. What's weird is that they burn onto the Memorex DVD+RW discs that I use with NO problems and the finished product works in my stand alone DVD player and my computer's DVD drive. But the +R and -R discs won't work after they're burned! They simply won't play. My stand alone says "no disc" when I try to play them!
    I burned with Nero using the DVD Video template it provides, Right now it says
    DVD2Video2_DVD (mode1)
    UDF/ISO compilation
    on the disk I'm burning right now. I'll get the version when it finishes.
    I'm using here at home 5.5.10.20

    Maybe it is your burning software?

    Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by defense
    You said that people want to burn twice as much on a cd to save space. That isn't true. You are trying to answer for everyone out there because maybe that would be a reason for YOU to burn more info on a CD. Don't get me wrong, if cd's were OFFICIALLY 1.4 MB's...then i'd be fine with it...but I don't like the idea of technology changing the specs of my DVD by twice as much.

    Another thing you didn't account for in your response were the people like me who don't like changing the structure of a cd. For example...take X ARTIST WITH 15 SONGS...if i'm making a CD...I want MY CD to be X ARTIST WITH 15 songs...NOT X ARTIST WITH 20 SONGS...NOT X, Y ARTIST....no...I want the EXACT 1-1 OF THE CD. Obviously Vance agrees with me, because he said as much. So it looks like two "people" here don't agree with your philosophy.
    errr....i never included myself in whether i like HD burn or not...i'm saying ppl want to fit more "not to save space" but to "change CDs less often"...

    ask ppl that..and i'm certain most ppl will agree with that statement...it's NOT about saving space..it's about having to change the CDs less.

    and since you made no mention of why ppl would use HD burn...you and vance seem to "wonder" why HD burn was used in the first place....

    even though i'm not too partial about the technology, i'm expressing very valid reasons on why ppl would use it.

    i never mentioned whether changing the structure the CD was good or bad or anything...nada...just giving a reason why ppl would use HD burn

    plz don't put words in my mouth....i never mentioned about changing any structure of any CD...just giving a simple reason why ppl would use HD burn...so don't try to argue with me anymore..you're just digging yourself a deeper hole
    Quote Quote  
  10. ask ppl that..and i'm certain most ppl will agree with that statement...it's NOT about saving space..it's about having to change the CDs less.
    poopyhead, you live in a fantasy world. Christ you are hard headed and can't learn....I admit I am a straight shooter and stick to my point..but when the facts are clearly the other way, I can admit when i'm wrong. You can't. Your princo posts proved that alone. You gave me some good laughs by you thinking that people are using burners from OUTERSPACE and that's why they had issues with their Princo media. Man, that alone should tell me i'm wasting my time. But it's hard to believe you post something and have no clue what you said.

    Here's your quote:
    i'm saying ppl want to fit more "not to save space" but to "change CDs less often"...
    and i'm saying that you have no clue what you're talking about because if you took a poll right now, TWO people already would say they'd prefer 1-1 backups as opposed to the ability to burn TWICE AS MUCH ON A CD. AND my feelings are the same towards SVCD's as I already posted.

    But you didn't hear me say that EVERYONE ELSE WOULD AGREE WITH ME. But here's your comment.

    ask ppl that..and i'm certain most ppl will agree with that statement...it's NOT about saving space..it's about having to change the CDs less.
    boy, you really are CERTAIN of a lot of things poopyhead....you telling me that doesn't try to turn OPINION INTO FACT? You have ZERO clue what ANYBODY would say..and it really doesn't matter...the point is that you are "CERTAIN" of something for which you have no clue. Funny stuff to say the least. Look at your quotes poopyhead...you are claiming to know the results for the majority of the "PEOPLE"....when you are simply trying to ASSUME THINGS. Thats' all you do man...you ASSUME things. And you know what they say about people that ASS_U_ME. It's one thing to use good judgment and logic....it's an entirely different thing to ASS_U_ME. Re-read your posts buddy....you ASS_U_ME quite often.

    I'm sure you could tell me the results of 10 polls before I conducted them..right? How bout you confirm that so I can post 10 polls and see how much of the ASSUMPTIONS you make come back and prove you wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @defense,

    yikes...are you retarded..seriously...

    I'M NOT COMPARING USING HD BURN OR NOT.

    i'm NOT defending the use of HD burn...

    -----

    for ppl who like you won't use HD burn....that's fine....

    IN MY STATEMENT, I'M CONSIDERING THE PPL WHO WOULD USE HD BURN...SO YOU AND VANCE WON'T BE IN THE EQUATION BECAUSE YOU 2 WON'T USE IT...

    ------

    so, if you were to create A POLL ASKING THE PPL WHO DO USE HD BURN WHY THEY USED IT, you'll find out that a great deal of them use it because they don't want to change CDs that often.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @ShitHead, I really didn't want to insult retarded people by calling you retarded...but one last example for you.

    First you say this:
    ask ppl that..and i'm certain most ppl will agree with that statement...it's NOT about saving space..it's about having to change the CDs less.
    You wrote the word "MOST" shit4brains...now you try and say this....
    so, if you were to create A POLL ASKING THE PPL WHO DO USE HD BURN WHY THEY USED IT, you'll find out that a great deal of them use it because they don't want to change CDs that often
    Now your saying a "great deal"..which one of the two is it. A great deal isn't the same as "most" and either way McFly.....you have no clue what the results of the posts would say..your ASS-U-MING.

    Very easily, MOST people COULD agree with me and say....hey..this technology is new so i'm not going to use it...even if it means saving space...AND/OR you could have people who say that they too would prefer having a CD exactly as the ORIGINAL CD...meaning..with no ADDED tracks. But that's too difficult for you to comprehend...you know that MOST would post exactly how you figure they would...because you know a lot of things that nobody else does. Don't worry about it POOPHEAD...it will be our little secret....I won't tell Ms. Cleo you know more then her.
    Quote Quote  
  13. @defense,

    damn....you really are dumb as a piece of shit...

    you still don't get it huh???

    I NEVER STATED AN OPINION ON WHETHER PPL SHOULD USE HD BURN OR NOT, which you seem to be doing.

    I STATED A REASON FOR WHY SOMEONE WOULD WANT TO USE HD BURN.

    I SURE HOPE YOU GET THE DIFFERENCE.

    -----------

    i'm giving a reason why ppl would use HD burn...........

    of course, ppl who don't want to use HD burn may agree with you...I NEVER EVER DISPUTED THAT FACT...in fact, i don't care...i never gave any reason why ppl wouldn't use HD burn...so don't try that with me....

    i said, for those ppl that use HD burn, they mostl likely do so because they want to change CDs less often during a movie

    unless you wanna argue with me that a person who DOES USE HD BURN isn't doing it because he/she can change CDs left often.

    you never, ever gave any other reason why someone would want to use HD burn...

    all you ever did was give reasons why NOT to use HD burn....

    so unless you have a better reason why ppl would use HD burn, then plz just shut up and go back to the corner where you came from.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @SHIThead.....LMAO...you really are making the list as one of the dumbest posters i've ever seen. Your heavily opinionated, contradictory posts are one thing...but you sound more ridiculously stupid with every post.

    Here's just one example OF MANY which puts the icing on the cake.

    You continue to mention that MOST people would rather use this 'HD' burn technology to BURN SVCD's ON 1cd SO that they don't have to continue to change the CD. Are you really that F**kin' stupid? I'll answer that..of course you are.

    Here's your QUOTE:
    ask ppl that..and i'm certain most ppl will agree with that statement...it's NOT about saving space..it's about having to change the CDs less.
    Ahh....clearly referring to your post prior which discusses how MOST PEOPLE would use this "DVD BURNER" ....(MONEY THAT THEY SPENT ON A F**KIN' DVD BURNER) to burn an SVCD on ONE CD? LMAOOO

    I'm sure in your warped little POOPEDBRAIN, you'd say that MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER BURN A DVD IN THEIR DVD BURNER. WHY would they...they just got it to look at! LMAO.....Oh, and with DVD MEDIA being so cheap.....why would ANYONE, let alone "MOST" PEOPLE burn SVCD's with their DVD BURNER? I think i've said it enough times for it to sink into the poopyhead. Your head is made out of poopy...listen to yourself...stop replying ass wipe, your making yourself sound worse and worse as you go on.

    Don't bother coming back and trying to amend your statement and say you didn't say that...or try to justify the 1 out of a million people who buy a DVD BURNER to burn SVCD's to ONE CD so that they don't have to change the CD. LMAO...something that they could of done for a fraction of the price with a CD BURNER.

    I got a little statistic for you PoopedBrain...NOT only are "MOST" people who purchase DVD BURNERS...burning what are called "DVDR's"....."MOST" of those people who have SVCD's are converting those SVCD's to what are called "DVDRs." LMAO 8)
    Quote Quote  
  15. @defense

    you ARE A DUMBASS.

    DID I EVER MENTION ANY REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD BUY A DVD BURNER JUST FOR HD BURN??? DID I????

    -----------


    I STATED A REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD USE HD BURN TO BEGIN WITH.

    so...lemme repeat this one more time for your pint sized brain...

    IF SOMEONE WERE TO USE HD BURN, THE MOST LIKELY REASON IS BECAUSE HE/SHE WANTS TO CHANGE CDS LESS OFTEN.

    got that for your pee-sized brain????

    I NEVER EVER MADE ANY COMPARISONS BETWEEN DVD AND HD BURN.

    SO SHUT THE **** UP. UNLESS YOU CAN POINT OUT ME SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HD BURN VS. DVD...THEN SHUT UP.

    ---------


    OTHERWISE, PLZ GIVE A BETTER REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD USE HD BURN...GO ******* AHEAD...ENLIGHTEN US WITH YOUR WISDOM AS TO A BETTER REASON PPL WOULD USE HD BURN
    Quote Quote  
  16. @SHITHEAD...i'm wasting my time with you on any post...especially this one. First, you don't know your ass from your elbow...you THINK you do..but you haven't got a clue. SEcond, you didn't even know what HDBURN was until I posted about it you sorry shit. Your name backs up your intelligence...you have a SHIT HEAD....and SHIT4BRAINS.


    I'll repeat this one last time McFly...maybe it will sink into the mudslide of shit in your ears.....HD TECHNOLOGY COMES WITH "DVD" BURNERS...'DVD" BURNERS...."DVD" burners...you ignorant jackass.

    So it is OBVIOUS, the MAJORITY OF PEPOLE WHO WOULD USE THIS TECHNOLOGY WOULD BE PEOPLE WHO want to burn AUDIO CD's. People don't buy DVD BURNERS TO BURN SVCD's MORON. Does that sink in?

    I don't suspect it does. I'm quoting what you said ignoramus....so you can't dispute it...the quotes are right there. But all quotes aside...YOU CLEARLY SAID SOMEONE WOULD USE THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR "SVD'S"...SVCD'S" LMAO....the technology comes with DVD burners as with this Optowrite...and you people don't go out and buy DVD Burners to burn SVCD's...although I'm sure YOU KNOW FIFTY THOUSAND people who just burn SVCD's ONLY with their DVD BURNERS. You are certain about a lot of things....one thing you should can absolutely be CERTAIN of is you have shit 4brains.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I own the DD0203 and have the following report to offer.

    My drive has successfully burned to DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW; to CD-R and CD-RW, and HDBurn on a CD-R. My drive has produced VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs that are playable both in my computers at home, computers at work, and an Apex AD-1100W.

    Per e-mail conversations with Optorite technical support, the HD-Burn feature should be limited to Japanese-made discs. Their recommendation is Taiyo Yuden, Fuji and Sony, in that order. They were quite open about the inability of this drive to reliably HD-Burn on non-Japanese media. Nero and B's Recorder (the included software) will both support HD-Burn with the most recent updates.

    B's Recorder wil report either a Power Calibration Failure (xx037303) or Head Select Fault (xx040904) if you attempt HD-Burn with media that does not pass this initial test.

    .indolikaa.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Search Comp PM
    Finally! Back to the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by defense
    So it is OBVIOUS, the MAJORITY OF PEPOLE WHO WOULD USE THIS TECHNOLOGY WOULD BE PEOPLE WHO want to burn AUDIO CD's. People don't buy DVD BURNERS TO BURN SVCD's MORON. Does that sink in?

    I don't suspect it does. I'm quoting what you said ignoramus....so you can't dispute it...the quotes are right there. But all quotes aside...YOU CLEARLY SAID SOMEONE WOULD USE THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR "SVD'S"...SVCD'S" LMAO....the technology comes with DVD burners as with this Optowrite...and you people don't go out and buy DVD Burners to burn SVCD's...although I'm sure YOU KNOW FIFTY THOUSAND people who just burn SVCD's ONLY with their DVD BURNERS. You are certain about a lot of things....one thing you should can absolutely be CERTAIN of is you have shit 4brains.
    oh my freakin' god..you are absolutely retarted aren't you!!!!

    now you're assuming that ppl WON"T use HD BURN to make (S)VCDs....how would you know...in your own words, you are ASS-U-MING.

    do you not realize that not everyone is gonna burn every movie onto a DVD-R/+R. there are plenty of movies that aren't worth the $2 cost of a DVD.

    with 2 CD-Rs for a total of 2.8 GB, you can fit at least 160 min of high quality SVCD on just 2 CD-Rs...

    errrr...didn't realize that now did you???

    so, think about it.... free CD-Rs vs. $1-2 DVDs...don't just ASS-U-ME that because they can burn DVD VIDEO on there doesn't mean they won't also use HD BURN to make SVCDs....that is a very valid reason.

    note: there is also DATA STORAGE uses from HD burn...... with 1.4 GB of data stored per CD-R (almost free), it will be much cheaper than storing data on DVD ($1-2)....

    SO, HOW THE HELL DO YOU ASS-U-ME THAT PPL ARE JUST GONNA USE HD BURN FOR AUDIO??

    --------

    back to your original flawed arguement.....

    HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THE IDEA I WAS TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE OF USING HD BURN HUH????

    when i gave a valid reason for using HD burn, you just ASS-U-ME i was try ing to convince ppl how good HD burn is. DID I EVER DEFEND HD BURN?????

    go look at my previous posts about HD burn and you'll see that i gave all the limitations of it (i.e. no current DVD player compatibility, HD burn only on good media, etc...)

    WHEN I GIVE A GODDAMN REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD USE HD BURN....shut the **** up and don't claim that i'm supporting the format.

    KEEP IN YOUR TINY LITTLE MIND I NEVER ARGUED WITH YOU ABOUT KEEPING 1:1 COPIES OR ANYTHING SIMILAR....that would be a reason not to use hd burn, but i simply gave a reason why someone would use hd burn....HOW THE HELL DID YOU THINK I WAS APPLYING THAT TO YOU???

    THERE WAS NEVER AN ARGUEMENT TO BEGIN WITH....SO DON'T TRY TO START ANOTHER ONE WITH ME YOU SORRY LOSER.
    Quote Quote  
  20. This is better than Jerry Springer's!
    And the mods could be the security...hehe
    Quote Quote  
  21. I love this type of thread. Better than a new episode of South Park...almost!
    Quote Quote  
  22. believe it or not, this really is funny to me. You last two posters...TomPika and Indolikaa....just read this shit4brains posts. Not just this one...but damn near all of them. They are as baffled as a duck gettin' attacked by a 12 foot Crocodile. They have no clue what's goin' on. On another thread a poster wanted to add CSS protection to their burned disks, and this ass wipe told them they could do it with DVD AUTHORING disks...lmao...OF course POOPYSHIT4BRAINSHEAD didn't mention that the Authoring disks use a special burner and are also burned with that burner using a different wave length. The reason they didn't mention that was obviously because they didn't know WTF they were talkin' about to begin with. They just pull "POOPY" out of their pea brained head.

    I could go on and on and on about the info they give....they're one complete ingoramus...but I actually enjoy reading posters who post shit and have no clue what they are talking about. I know that sounds crazy...but it's just amazing to see the shit ..i mean POOPY ..they can fabricate.


    Now listen to this ass wipe on this post. He's saying that i'm "ASSUMING" that people would purchase a DVD burner for the sole purpose of burning DVD's. That's pretty damn presumptious on my part huh? LMAO.... Usually people buy DVD burners so that they can burn their ****in' WAFFLES in the morning! This guy is a complete jackass and doesn't have a clue.

    DUHHHH...my name is Poopyhead and people spend four times as much on a DVD BURNER so that they can burn SVCD's.


    @ Shit4Brains...ONCE AGAIN....it isn't an ASSUMPTION when people purchase a DVD BURNER THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BURN DVD'S. IT IS COMMON SENSE. Something you have absolutely ZILCH of. It is, HOWEVER, AN ASSUPMTION to say that the 'MAJORITY' OF PEOPLE who purchase a DVD BURNER WILL BURN SVCD's.

    I didn't say NOBODY WOULD BURN AN SVCD U ASS WIPE....lmao...I said THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE DON'T BUY DVD BURNERS TO BURN SVCD's. My point has been made plenty of times, and i'll keep making it if I have to..because your one ignorant shit who posts crap by pulling it out of your ass instead of knowing the facts.

    A poster who says that the reason most people have trouble with Princo disks is because they are using some unkown, FOREIGN burner...LMAO....that Princo post should of told me i'm wasting my time with a fool like you...but as I said...i'm enjoying seeing you squirm and try to cover your B.S with dirt...like the dirty pooped dog you are.

    But the quotes are their POOPSTER.....people want to use that HD TECHNOLOGY WHICH COMES BUNDLED WITH "DVD" BURNERS...TO BURN SVCD'S....LMAOOOO....WHEWWWWWWW....
    do you not realize that not everyone is gonna burn every movie onto a DVD-R/+R. there are plenty of movies that aren't worth the $2 cost of a DVD.
    If people wanted SVCD's on ONE CD, they'd use KWAG's templates ASS WIPE....again, PEOPLE DON'T PURCHASE DVD BURNERS TO BURN WAFFLES...LMAO....and your comment about DVDR's going for $2....exactly who are you trying to bullshit? LMAO... dvdr's go for as little as UNDER .70 cents, and you and I both know that. High quality DVDR's can be purchased for a little more then $1.00 so stop overexaggerating and just cut the BULLSHIT POOPSTER...go try it with someone else and hope I don't read the post.
    Quote Quote  
  23. i can NOT believe this guy... he has made absolutely no contribution to anything and thinks his shitass can come in here and make ASSUMPTIONS...

    you're a DUMBASS defense.

    why would someone buy a DVD burner with HD burn, you idiot???

    bragging rights??

    one of the NEC dual burners goes for less, but without HD burn...errrr...yea...lets get DVD burner + HD burn for more money just so we will NOT use HD burn.

    you are such a retard.

    why buy HD burn ??? to burn "waffles" as you say...????

    -----------------

    errr.....yea...kwag's template huh...yea...lets compare the quality of his template to fit on 1 CD-R burned regularly (800 MB)...vs the quality of a SVCD burned on HD burned 1.4 GB CD-R....hrm...that's a no brainer...you're pathetic....

    don't even bother bringing kwag in here.....

    ----------------

    errr....as for price of DVD discs...err...does the price range of $1-2 mean anything to u???

    $1 is included in that price range...and not everyone buys the cheapest ones...so shut the **** up....even you pointed out in buying more expensive media, so you really need to shut your mouth

    bottom line...lets c...compare CD-Rs...which are about $0.10 each....to a regular DVD-R..say $1...hrm...

    you tell me??? everyone who owns this burner or any HD burn capable DVD burner is strictly gonna burn DVDs?????

    you're very, very ignorant if you think so....

    BOTTOM LINE: FOR SOMEONE USING HD BURN....HE/SHE IS OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO FIT MORE MOVIE, DATA, ETC...ONTO A CD-R..

    your entire arguement is that because it can also burn DVDs, that means SVCDS ARE COMPLETELY OBSOLETE....errr...yea right...........

    ALSO, GO AND ASK THE PPL WHO USE HD BURN IF THEY CARE ABOUT 1:1 COPIES....ERR...GUESS NOT CUZ THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY USING HD BURN.

    --------

    as for Princos, stop pulling shit out of your ass.... you ARE NOT any sort of expert at media....quoting shit won't work......did i mention "burners from outer space"...

    WHAT I DID MENTION WAS THERE BURNING HAS MANY, MANY FACTORS THAT NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR...YOU BIG RETARDED IDIOT...
    Quote Quote  
  24. @ShitHead, glad to see you respond with your same shit brained responses. I thought I dug you deep in your shit.....so deep, you wouldn't think of drownin' yourself in your own shit...but you just did.

    shit4brains said:
    why would someone buy a DVD burner with HD burn, you idiot???

    bragging rights??
    LMAO....No...not for bragging rights SHIT4BRAINS....for the 15TH TIME....they would use that technology so they could BURN AUDIO CD's....MP3's.......NOT SVCD's....people DON'T BUY DVD BURNERS TO BURN SVCD's....my goodness....you really are mentally challenged! But I don't fault you....anyone with Poop4brains would be in the same boat as you. I honestly don't fault you.

    The reason people would buy that optowrite drive with or WITHOUT HD burn is simple..the PRICE. It's one of the cheapest drives out there ass wipe. Is the toilet paper starting to wipe out some of that Poopy yet?

    You aren't too bright Poop4brains....and i'm making you realize that more and more each and every post. I guess you don't like people to challenge you when you pull Poopy out of your head..huh? Well, unfortunately, you gotta provide some facts once in a while Poopster.

    DVD AUTHORING disks are gonna help someone CSS protect their home made disks. BWAHHH...lmao.....your good...I gotta admit....you confuse some of the newbies with your total B.S but i'm sure now you'll be careful with the Poopy you post.

    My point has been made countless times ignoramus...i'll make it one more so the Poopy gets nice and thick......THE REASON SOMEONE WHO IS AWARE OF THE HD TECHNOLOGY AND WHO WOULD USE IT WOULD BE PEOPLE WHO WOULD USE IT FOR "AUDIO" CD'S....MP3's....THAT'S OBVIOUS..NOT AN ASSUMPTION. YOU DON'T BUY A DVD PLAYER TO BURN SVCD'S ASS WIPE.

    Start a POLL SHIT4BRAINS and ask how many people with a DVD PLAYER EVEN BURN SVCD'S AT ALL...AND THE ANSWER IS GOING TO BE PROBABLY NEVER. People with DVD BURNERS KNOW MEDIA IS DIRT CHEAP SO THEY'D BURN ALL THEIR MOVIES THEY WANT ON DVD's ...especially those who want MENU'S ETC....you don't think when you post POOP4BRAINS...but if I had POOP4BRAINS I wouldn't think either.....tilt your head to the side for a week or so..maybe that poop will drip out and you can ATTEMPT to use your brain.

    Then you MIGHT be able to figure out the difference between an ASSUPMTION and Logic. My point has been made POOP4BRAINS......you can have the last word...it's not gonna help you or the Poop you've already spewed...on this thread or others. Just try to supply some facts every once in a while...especially to the newbies...ok Poopster?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Different people - different needs.

    Since I'm not really interested in (S)VCD especially not watching them on computer I wouldn't use HD-BURNED CDs for movies.
    Maybe for data.
    For data I use DVD+RW/CD-RW depends if I'm at home/on the way(noteboook).

    Untill they release the firmware that allows HD-BURN on CD-RW, I just go get a WARSTEINER
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not the end of the world!
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know you can not use HD Burn to make VCD's or SVCD's...only hard drive back-ups.
    Quote Quote  
  27. How is that? Why?
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  28. As far as I know you can not use HD Burn to make VCD's or SVCD's...only hard drive back-ups.
    Boy, if that were the case, that WOULD REALLY make POOP4BRAINS look more IDIOTIC then they already have. And that is VERY HARD to do. But that would make sense considering that SVCD's use a different mode and you're already increasing the disk size by 100 MB's+ in many cases. With this HD technology, I can see how that could conflict with the HD Technology.

    LMAO...man, if that is the case, POOP4BRAINS would now go from being 99% SHIT4BRAINS, to being the COMPLETE 100% SHIT4BRAINS.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not the end of the world!
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tompika
    How is that? Why?

    Think about it...if this company could produce a CD burner capable of putting 1.4gigs on a cd in any format, don't you think every company would be doing that?

    HD Burn is very specific in the type of data that can be used. It is compressed very heavilly and only the burner can read it. No stock CD Rom\DVD Rom can read these discs.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by defense
    Boy, if that were the case, that WOULD REALLY make POOP4BRAINS look more IDIOTIC then they already have. And that is VERY HARD to do.




    Originally Posted by defense
    But that would make sense considering that SVCD's use a different mode and you're already increasing the disk size by 100 MB's+ in many cases. With this HD technology, I can see how that could conflict with the HD Technology.
    (S)VCD doesn't need the error correction of the regular CD format
    that's why it can save up that space.
    (S)VCD has a kinda error correction in it's stream.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads