VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert/compress an Mpeg1 file to Divx using VirtualDub. Whenever I do though I get the msg, you are using a Hacked Compression Driver. The article on the conversion doesn't have much on this.

How do I fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. the divx codec is a hack of MS-MPEG-4. i woudn't worry too much about the message, it's just a disclaimer and a warning that the virtualdub programmers don't care about hearing about problems encountered using divx. you can get other open-source MPEG-4 codecs though, and philips just released one (that supposedly is pretty lousy though)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could u refer me to a good mpeg 4 codec?
    Quote Quote  
  4. just keep using divx
    it is the good mpeg 4 codec
    ignore the hacked compression driver warning
    check the option not to get the message again
    it is NOTHING to worry about
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not too worried about the warning. The problem is that I can't even convert. I have done everything in the conversion article from Mpeg1 to Divx, but it still doesn't progress. Anybody know how I can fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I feel your pain, mah friend! The same weird thing is happening to me! I followed the instructions in the Convert to Divx page, but the convertion just didn't happen! Time was elapsing, but there was no process going on! Do I have to hit play or something? I mean, do I have to play the anime to convert it? DaMadMonk, if you ever find out the solution to this problem, please, LET ME KNOW!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Heys guys, try converting to asf instead! The file formats are comparable size though divx is better quality. The nice thing about going to asf, no worries about having to take a codec with you if you want to play it on another pc. Asf plays on windows Media Player 6.4 and above with no additional software needed. The sotware i use to encode to asf in Sonic Foundry Stream Anywhere. If you want the crack just e-mail me for it!
    :-p
    Quote Quote  
  8. use divx_311alpha.......the best codec

For best rip/convers.....everything.....
    go for WIN-XP........
    everithing goes faster.....without error
    Quote Quote  
  9. use divx_311alpha.......the best codec

The new microsoft format WMV is great
    look on the Micr.site

For best rip/convers.....everything.....
    go for WIN-XP........
    everithing goes faster.....without error
    Quote Quote  
  10. That's exactly the codec I use. divx_311alpha. Haven;t tried the WIN-XP thingy though. maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    Quote Quote