VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed for this, I'm sure.
    By who? Only Vance will disagree and who cares what he thinks....

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    My tests are complete.

On my Plextor burner, this option does NOTHING.

NO THING.

NOT A DAMN THING.

I copied my copy, despite the "marked errors". Maybe if I insert enough of them the disc will be unreadable by ANY device, I don't know.

All I do know is that this is a USELESS option.

Additionally, you HAVE TO ENABLE IT ON PURPOSE.

So, Vance's insistence that every time someone can't copy a copy that it must be "marked errors" is just stupidity.

Vance - you're stupid. I'm sorry to say, but you just are.

I concede that the intention of that option was to add these things in. Point in fact is they don't work, it was a stupid option, and nobody here would ever INTENTIONALLY make their DVD's uncopyable. So stop polluting threads with your retardation.

Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed for this, I'm sure. I just wanted to be clear that after wasting hours of my life, I was right. This option is useless, and if these "marked errors" do exist, they don't DO A DAMN THING.

- Gurm
    let's see.....

a company make a feature for a specifc purpose

gurm can't get it to work

but i can

now, who is stupid or retarded (guess what, not me)
    where you been lately anyway?

cleaning the mud out of your mouth from feeling stupid

as for thayne...

never mind

i promise your mom that

i would quit talking about you, last night

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. I warned everyone on this thread here: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=618654#618654 that I would hand out warnings for personal insults.
    / Moderator vitualis

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vance43211
    you are right

you can also bypass the errors

i know "RETARD" keep missing this as i have said this to him

problaly a hundred times

i bet i could make a "MARK ERRORS" disc with your writer,

but i'm not stupid enough to buy a writer just to prove a point.

gurm,

tell me again

how many hour did you spend on this?

LOL...........LOL...........LOL.........LOL....... ....

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yo vance i want to try to burn a movie with ic7 but i cant find the mark errors option i have the program open right now but i dont see that as an option where do i click to do this??? only reason i ask it cuz im burning a 50 show that i transfered from a camcorder and i dont want my friend to make copies and sell it so how can i do this and i have a sony dru 500 burner is it capable of burning the errors??? holla back

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM

6. Hey Vance, you think personal attacks make you look smart? They do just the opposite. Like I said before look closely at yourself before you call others names. The irony, is in fact, you are talking about yourself....

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    cut it out

i'm trying to keep my promise

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    Hey Vance, you think personal attacks make you look smart? They do just the opposite. Like I said before look closely at yourself before you call others names. The irony, is in fact, you are talking about yourself....

i can't help it.

what do you think your technical abilities do?

i know my typing is bad, but i rather have bad typing and be smart than

good typing and.................

9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    now like i said before

you don't talk bad about me

i don't talk about you

period!

i haven't even said anything bad about you until you made that "my teacher
    should be fired" statement when you couldn't even spell grammar right

now i don't let anybody just talk about me and

i just ignore it like it never happened

i don't care where we are at, i will say or do something

i have always been that way

and i won't change for nobody

you keep it civil

and i will keep it civil

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vance what should i put for the position and the length????

11. what do you think your technical abilities do?
    Well, for one, I know when to shut up if I'm wrong. The longer you keep this going the worse you look. It's one thing to be wrong, but to sit here and argue with everyone for over a week is kinda weird.... As far as my technical abilities go, there isn't anything I can't figure out. I'm fluent in 3 programming languages, I'm an expert with Photoshop, Premier and illustrator and I know there are no marked errors on DVD's....

12. Originally Posted by zzNyQuilzz
    yo vance i want to try to burn a movie with ic7 but i cant find the mark errors option i have the program open right now but i dont see that as an option where do i click to do this??? only reason i ask it cuz im burning a 50 show that i transfered from a camcorder and i dont want my friend to make copies and sell it so how can i do this and i have a sony dru 500 burner is it capable of burning the errors??? holla back
    See vance? This is whats wrong with your posts, you have this guy wasting his time trying to do something that isn't possible.... Shame on you!

zzNyQuilzz, Don't bother, it's an urban legend. There is no way for you to copy-protect your DVD.

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zzNyQuilzz
    See vance? This is whats wrong with your posts, you have this guy wasting his time trying to do something that isn't possible.... Shame on you!
    well its worth a shot so im gonna try it i got a lil time on my hands right now.

14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well its worth a shot so im gonna try it i got a lil time on my hands right now.
    it a little hard to explain but here goes

it also been awhile since i've done this

we assuming that position and length of the error are measured in disc size of the dvd. this error is at the end of the dvd

so inserting the marked error at the 4,294,967,296 position and the lenght at 4,194,304

means that there is a error of 4mg at the 4 gig mark of the disc

being that this is a home movie you are doing

you can set the numbers a little lower like 3,900,000,000 for position or something and maybe 4,000,000 for the lenght if it a short movie (length of dvd space it takes up)

that stuff i told gurm to do

i just sent him on a fishing expedition

because he was getting on my nerves

that error wasn't big enough for a roach with a magnifying glass to see

p.s. you can try it at the beginning of the disk too.

i don't remember which one was more effective. or if one was. because like i said, it been awhile since i've done it, because it was too easy to bypass, and make another disc anyway

15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's MADE UP.

This is like the kid in my high school that insisted that he had Super Mario Brothers on a disc for Mac. The disc only contained word processing documents, but he SWORE there were hidden sectors. He never would show us how he did it though. Every time anyone asked, the directions would change, and they got more and more complex as people tried it.

In the end he ended up coming up with some lame excuse like "yeah it got erased by sun spots".

Don't bother trying to "mark errors" on your DVD, 'cuz it can't be done.

- Gurm

P.S. Any posts after this one saying "Gurm is an idiot-head because he thinks he knows everything", especially ones in all lower case and bizarre columns, should be viewed as personal attacks.

16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's MADE UP.

This is like the kid in my high school that insisted that he had Super Mario Brothers on a disc for Mac. The disc only contained word processing documents, but he SWORE there were hidden sectors. He never would show us how he did it though. Every time anyone asked, the directions would change, and they got more and more complex as people tried it.

In the end he ended up coming up with some lame excuse like "yeah it got erased by sun spots".

Don't bother trying to "mark errors" on your DVD, 'cuz it can't be done.

- Gurm

P.S. Any posts after this one saying "Gurm is an idiot-head because he thinks he knows everything", especially ones in all lower case and bizarre columns, should be viewed as personal attacks.
    gurm

how did that position 1 length 100 turn out?

LOL.........LOL..........LOL...........

let's see.....

who call who a crack smoker first (you actually said it twice before i responded)

so what are you talking about, a personal attack, cos
    you started it

17. Banned
    Search Comp PM

especially ones in all lower case and bizarre columns, should be viewed as personal attacks.

this is not a personal attack?

i think it is

Search Comp PM
    STOP THE INSANITY!!

The topic is going no where.

Locked.

19. Originally Posted by vance43211
    i know my typing is bad, but i rather have bad typing and be smart than

good typing and.................
    ....be smart?

I'll take "good typing and being smart" for $400 Alex....