Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. i wonder what this feature is for

they must have just put it there

to give the you 'experts' something to talk about

this put the physical marks on the discs like thayne was talking about

with commercial cds
    Like I said before these marked errors only exist on commercial CD's and cannot be duplicated onto DVDR or CDR. They are physical marks on the disk. These are only used on CD's, not DVD's!

Marked errors are never used on DVD's, DVD's use CSS for copy protection.

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smearbrick1
    vance43211:

Stop writing in columns.

It is annoying.

Use proper paragraphs.

Also, review your posts before

submitting them.

This way, they do not

sound like you are

playing a game of

mindtrap.
    take your newbie knowin' nothin' butt

back under the rock you crawled up under

i am not some sissifies typing geek

who got A's into typing and sewing

and drama like

you probably did

who asked for your #*@&*% opinion

at least everybody else has something intelligent to say

even if they are WRONG

they know so much

and they want people to LISTEN to them

when they don't seem to HEAR anything but themselves

i know i have personally INSERTED mark errors on personal dvds myself with ic7 (you can actually do this thayne, despite what you think)

and you could not do a straight disc copy with it (you will get the same errors problems
    that you get when you try to do it in nero or you will get this disc is COPYRIGHT PROTECTED when you try it with different burning programs)

there are ways to get around it though (somehow thayne and gurm keep missing this, when i keep saying it)

anyway recordnow probaly doesn't copyright disc and they came in late on the dvd burning format, as it doesn't seem illegal now

2 years ago dvd coping was consider illegal as nobody would give you software with your dvd burner that would enable you to copy dvds

which kinda defeated the purpose for buying it

i still remember getting cussed out by sony consumer support
    for asking them why i couldn't copy a dvd after i paid $550.00 for the
    dvd burner and between cusswords they explained to me that dvd copying
    was illegal

anyway nero was one of the first (if not the first) of the MAJOR software (the were lots of minor software companies that did it )
    companies to make software that copied dvds as dvd movies

before this, you had to copy dvds as a data dvds with most software and if you were lucky it might play in your dvd standalone

to the people who weren't hip to the old times

you could rip and copy 5 different dvd movies with the exact same process
    and maybe 2-3 of them would actually play in your standalone

we use to go to the store with 10 dvds that we had burn and whichever dvd player play the most dvds that we brought there, we brought that dvd player.

back to nero

when they made the dvd coping software

TO COVER THEIR BUTT, THEY MADE IT SO YOU COULD NOT COPY A COPY OF A COPY

again

TO COVER THEIR BUTT, THEY MADE IT SO YOU COULD NOT COPY A COPY OF A COPY

and other dvd copying companies follow suit

these day dvd copying is consider a normal everyday activity

so most dvd companies don't care anymore about copyright issues on burning dvds

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Don't bother to respond as this thread is now a useless thread

you gonna think

what you wanna think

and i gonna know

what i already know

i wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore

until mrs. typing and punctuality queen made her comment

she don't like my posts

she don't have to read them

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, just so you don't think I'm being fair, I installed the version of Nero that you specified.

Guess what?

Copied a copy.

Sorry, dude. You're just high on crack. I imagine that it's getting to be an expensive hobby, huh?

Hey, just to humor you I'll install IC7 and add some Mark Errors. But I betcha they copy just like everything else has so far.

ROFL.

- Gurm

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    Hey, just so you don't think I'm being fair, I installed the version of Nero that you specified.

Guess what?

Copied a copy.

Sorry, dude. You're just high on crack. I imagine that it's getting to be an expensive hobby, huh?

Hey, just to humor you I'll install IC7 and add some Mark Errors. But I betcha they copy just like everything else has so far.

ROFL.

- Gurm
    one more posts and i'm done with this useless thread

wipe your hard drive clean

reformat it

install your OS

give your mom back her crack pipe

install my version of nero 5.5.9.14

then tell me if you did a straight disc copy

you probably had some pieces left around on your hard drive of your version of nero to allow you to do that

and tell me how your ic7 project comes out

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mmmm... alot of hostility Vance43211. You keep saying you're done with this thread, but you keep coming back. Maybe because you're learning something?

And do you really know if Gurm's Moms on crack? Where did you get that idea? Oh...... I see, it was Gurms joke, nice and original Vance.

Gurm, Vance43211 is right, you conducted your test incorrectly. You were supposed to use "HIS" version of Nero, not another copy of v5.5.9.14.

HEY!! I just figured out the problem! It's Vance's copy of Nero, the one he won't upgrade because it is working fine. Or... is the problem Vance??

The mind boggles.

P.S. Try not to get angry with this post Vance, I get upset when you swear.

7. This is just a discussion on copying DVDs and their is no need for the hostility or personal insults. If this thread doesn't cool down, I will lock it and start handing out warnings.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're right Vitualis, I apologise Vance.

Seriously

Seeing as there is a disagreement, maybe we should TRY and figure out which opinion is right once and for all, I await your results Gurm.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just thought of this. You can't copy a DVD directly through Nero, right? So everybody must rip the disc and then re-author and burn it themselves.

I don't believe there are 'Marked Errors' put on the discs because how does Nero or any other program know if the DVD you're creating isn't a Home Movie you filmed on your very own Video Camera. You can copy that millions of times legally. Nero or any other program wouldn't know, maybe if the disc isn't re-authored and say it looks at something in the IFO files like the 'Provider ID' or something like that.

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I'm halfway done.

I took a CLEAN machine, which had never had a burner in it, plugged in my burner, installed Nero 5.5.9.14, and...

Copied a copy.

*sigh*

When will this end? I'm transcoding with IC7 and "marked errors" now.

- Gurm

11. Dammit, Housepig. Change your avatar back to the guy from caddyshack

That was a great pic!

Actually, there is another poster on the forum that has the geek with the thick glasses. I am trying to think where that is from, office space I think. Another good one. Another funny one.

To the original poster, all legality aside, yes you can technically copy a backup. Once you have your back up, you can use one of the many softwares out there like dvddecrypter to copy the iso image to your hardrive and then burn it back to a new dvdr.

I have never had the mark error issue that the other poster mentioned. Wanna say its an urban legend, but who knows. You'll probably never encounter it. If you do, use the search function and I am sure someone here will know how to fix it.

Hopefully the pissing match is over

Search Comp PM
    I was just going to let this thread go but man talk about over complicating a simple process.

If you already have a copy or "backup" then you are already dealing with a DVD-5 disc. Why not just use Decrypter, set the mode to ISO>read, then use ISO>write and make a copy? I mean seriously is it that difficult? Heck, you can leave the ISO file on your PC and make 50 copies if you want.

Decrypter does use Nero's ATAPI to burn though. At least on my PC since Nero is my burning software...keep your Roxio and all that other crap, Nero is the top dog in burning software.

13. DVD's that out of print some time's I make two back up leave one at my granmother house. never know there might be a fire at my house and that the only way I can still have a safe back up.

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just copied a copy too in Nero v5.5.10.42

Search Comp PM
    I think I got the jist of this thread, though I have not read through it all I confess, so correct me if this has been covered before.

In order for a disc to not be copyable it would have to not be readable on the PC correct? I mean if I can see the data I can get it, if there are errors that stop me from copying it then it would stand to reason I couldn't play it either, thus a disc that isn't copyable is useless.

Thats were logic leads me anyway...

16. Ive used NEROo pretty much from year zero and it burns DVDs just fine, ive hundreds of em that play ok. Ive also made copies of copies that play ok and Ive given to friends. This 'marked errors' stuff doesnt make any sense !!. Where did this idea come from ?

17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    From Vance's fevered dreams?

Actually it came from the fact that there IS an option in IC7 to insert marked errors!

The problem, of course, is that no burner will burn them, so it's a stupid option.

- Gurm

18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    From Vance's fevered dreams?

Actually it came from the fact that there IS an option in IC7 to insert marked errors!

The problem, of course, is that no burner will burn them, so it's a stupid option.

- Gurm

keep my name out of your mouth

my burners seems to no problems inserting them

19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    check this out mary

rip your movie

Used IC to make another image on harddrive from orginal and inserted "Marked Error" at position 1, length 100.

burn the movie from the .pdi hard drive image to your burner

then tell me what you have

20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vance43211
    check this out mary

rip your movie

Used IC to make another image on harddrive from orginal and inserted "Marked Error" at position 1, length 100.

burn the movie from the .pdi hard drive image to your burner

then tell me what you have
    just in case you took this out of text

i was telling you to do it this way since your burner couldn't burn a disc with "marked errors"

both of my dvd burners do

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think people are arguing different topics here. Myself and a few others were arguing whether or not you can copy a copy. Which you can.

Vance43211 is arguing whether or not you can copy a copy with 'Marked Errors'. Which I haven't tried myself. So I can't comment on that.

My opinion is you can copy a copy, I've done it and so have alot of people. The 'Marked Errors' you're talking about Vance43211 is inserted through user intervention. No body is saying if you backup a disc and then insert CSS Encryption/Marked Errors that you can copy it. I don't see the point in adding protection.

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by roach1976
    I think people are arguing different topics here. Myself and a few others were arguing whether or not you can copy a copy. Which you can.

Vance43211 is arguing whether or not you can copy a copy with 'Marked Errors'. Which I haven't tried myself. So I can't comment on that.

My opinion is you can copy a copy, I've done it and so have alot of people. The 'Marked Errors' you're talking about Vance43211 is inserted through user intervention. No body is saying if you backup a disc and then insert CSS Encryption/Marked Errors that you can copy it. I don't see the point in adding protection.
    you are right

you can also bypass the errors

but as one guy told me a few month ago when we had discussed this

"don't everybody know how to get around it"

23. of course, it's really easy to bypass errors that don't exist....

24. Yeah! You Tell 'Em! :P I've spent the half hour reading this thread. Very amusing...and entertaining!!

G

25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    of course, it's really easy to bypass errors that don't exist....
    Yeah! You Tell 'Em! I've spent the half hour reading this thread. Very amusing...and entertaining!!
    i find it amusing too

how people who don't know anything about anything

have the nerve to act like they know it all

26. yes look at dvdx copy protection? in dvd to dvd section of forum

27. i find it amusing too

You need to have a good long look in the mirror before you say something like this!

28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    i find it amusing too

You need to have a good long look in the mirror before you say something like this!

Wowwwwwww................

29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My tests are complete.

On my Plextor burner, this option does NOTHING.

NO THING.

NOT A DAMN THING.

I copied my copy, despite the "marked errors". Maybe if I insert enough of them the disc will be unreadable by ANY device, I don't know.

All I do know is that this is a USELESS option.

Additionally, you HAVE TO ENABLE IT ON PURPOSE.

So, Vance's insistence that every time someone can't copy a copy that it must be "marked errors" is just stupidity.

Vance - you're stupid. I'm sorry to say, but you just are.

I concede that the intention of that option was to add these things in. Point in fact is they don't work, it was a stupid option, and nobody here would ever INTENTIONALLY make their DVD's uncopyable. So stop polluting threads with your retardation.

Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed for this, I'm sure. I just wanted to be clear that after wasting hours of my life, I was right. This option is useless, and if these "marked errors" do exist, they don't DO A DAMN THING.

- Gurm

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. I warned everyone on this thread that I was going to start handing out warnings for personal insults here: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=618654#618654
    / Moderator vitualis