VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    go burn you a dvd movie with instant copy 7 and SOME (actually most) versions of Nero (5.5.9.14 is one one the version that does this. that is the version that i have)
    as far as Nero goes, with free, downloadable updates, there is no reason at all not to upgrade to versions that work....

5.5.10.42, anyone?

to a degree, that's like saying some of your Windows 3.1 software doesn't work very well under XP...

as far as putting in your own CSS, I thought that could only be done on pressed discs, that it was part of the manufacturing stage...
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You know what? I tried it, just to humor you.

Inserted Con Air... ran off a copy...

Ran off another copy...

Lookie, it works!

Both copies made with Nero.

*sigh*

Oh wait, I'm supposed to go DOWNLOAD IC7, which I don't have or ever use, in order to replicate some problem? No thanks. Let's call this what it is - a bug.

- Gurm

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    You know what? I tried it, just to humor you.

Inserted Con Air... ran off a copy...

Ran off another copy...

Lookie, it works!

Both copies made with Nero.

*sigh*

Oh wait, I'm supposed to go DOWNLOAD IC7, which I don't have or ever use, in order to replicate some problem? No thanks. Let's call this what it is - a bug.

- Gurm
    you just have a version of Nero that don't do it

like i said

read some previous posts

i have answer this question about 20 different times

i won't upgrade my Nero either

it is working fine

but most people on this site have problems with the million versions of nero

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by housepig
    go burn you a dvd movie with instant copy 7 and SOME (actually most) versions of Nero (5.5.9.14 is one one the version that does this. that is the version that i have)
    as far as Nero goes, with free, downloadable updates, there is no reason at all not to upgrade to versions that work....

5.5.10.42, anyone?

to a degree, that's like saying some of your Windows 3.1 software doesn't work very well under XP...

as far as putting in your own CSS, I thought that could only be done on pressed discs, that it was part of the manufacturing stage...
    it doesn't put css on the disc

when you are processing the disc for a disc copy

it see something that is not suppose to be there

so it won't record it when you do a disc to disc copy

that is why poopyhead tell a lot of people to copy your video_ts folder to your hard drive first when they have this problem

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I find 1 thing very funny here, vance43211 says his version of Nero won't copy copies, then he later on says he is not upgrading his copy of Nero because it works fine, just a thought.

6. Originally Posted by vance43211
    some companies put mark errors on their discs intentionally

so you can't make a backup of a backup

there are ways around that, however
    That's non-sense. I have never had a problem directly copying a copied DVD directly to my hard drive.

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Vance is high on crack.

"My Windows 95 has no problems... it won't run with a gig of memory, but it has no problems. I put in a gig of memory, and it doesn't run, but I'm not upgrading. AND I'm gonna tell everyone that gigs of memory are BROKEN."

WTF, dude?

- Gurm

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Vance is high on crack.

"My Windows 95 has no problems... it won't run with a gig of memory, but it has no problems. I put in a gig of memory, and it doesn't run, but I'm not upgrading. AND I'm gonna tell everyone that gigs of memory are BROKEN."

WTF, dude?

- Gurm
    no , that was your mom

none of you don't really have to believe me

that why i shouldn't have said anything in the first place

how long you been burning dvd probably 8 or 9 months

i been doing it for 2 years now

in the early day companies were concerned about the legalality of burning dvds so they told you in advance that they would only let you make one copy and not let you make a copy of a copy

but because they don't tell you all that now

you all think you know everything

you think you are right

when i know for a fact that i am

now like i said

all versions of Nero don't do it

again

all versions of Nero don't do it

for those who miss it the first time

pinnacle told me that how they do it

and they even show me how to do it with a discs that i've making

but i done with this discussion

because you all are probably going to saythat because it is not in Nero manual

that it is not true

nero not going to put it in the manual as that would defeat the purpose

9. If you have been burning DVD's for two years you should know better. All this talk about "marked errors" is total non-sense.....

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    If you have been burning DVD's for two years you should know better. All this talk about "marked errors" is total non-sense.....
    why don't you call Nero or pinnacle and ask them

instead of acting like you know everything

i'm through trying to backtrack and finding old posts

why don't you answer this then

how come people have ask on this site a lot of times

why they were having trouble doing disc copy with Nero

then i would tell them to burn as dvd video and import the dvd files from the disc

or poopyhead would tell them to copy their Video_ts folder to the hard drive

then it would work

what was that about?

11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you have been burning DVD's for two years you should know better. All this talk about "marked errors" is total non-sense.....
    why is so many people having problem doing discs copies with Nero then

and they get errors at certain points

12. Maybe because Nero sucks? Nero is fine for burning CD's, but RecordNow Max is better for DVD's. It seems to me you are confusing a bug in older versions of nero with these so called "marked errors"

13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe because Nero sucks? Nero is fine for burning CD's, but RecordNow Max is better for DVD's. It seems to me you are confusing a bug in older versions of Nero with these so called "marked errors"

maybe it is because Nero inserted mark errors on purpose to prevent a direct disc copy

if you insert marked errors on any discs (audio, data, movie)

you can't make a direct disc copy except with clone cd

which has provisions for getting around that

ask clone cd

about the marked errors that companies put on discs to copyright them

they don't just do it for dvds

they do it for cds too.

14. The marked errors you are talking about are only on commercial CD's they are physical marks in the disk. They are not used on commercial DVD's DVD's use CSS for protection and Nero does not make "marked errors".

15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    whatever

commercial dvd use css

dvd copying software is most certainly is not going to use it

but some companies put provisions in, so you can't go around bootlegging dvds

and it is not css

you are going to believe what you want to believe

so i'm done with the discussion

Search Comp PM
    how come people have ask on this site a lot of times
    why they were having trouble doing disc copy with Nero
    then i would tell them to burn as dvd video and import the dvd files from the disc
    or poopyhead would tell them to copy their Video_ts folder to the hard drive
    then it would work
    what was that about?
    maybe their computer is configured in such a way that they can't sustain a decent data rate between a rom drive and a writing drive, and they are getting buffer underruns.

...which would generally be fixed by copying the data to the hard drive, and burning from there, rather than trying to do an on-the-fly copy.

by the way - quoting your own posts saying the same thing isn't quite as convincing as, say, quoting Nero or Pinnacle's tech data on the same issue.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, Ive been burning DVDs now for 2 years and 1 day. So I'm the EXPERT

18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've been burning DVD's since the format was introduced! THAT MAKES ME GOD! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No seriously. If it only happens with Nero, then it's a BUG, not a FEATURE.

Jesus Christ. There are NO MARK ERRORS ON THE COPY.

None.

Zero.

Zip.

If there were, EVERY DAMN COPY PROGRAM WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS.

But guess what? Recordnow works fine.

EZCD works fine.

DVD Decrypter... fine.

Everything but older nasty versions of Nero.

And if Nero were doing it ON PURPOSE, it would do it on every version. The fact that the latest version doesn't have this problem indicates that it's A BUG, not a feature that they're keeping secret from us.

Nero's documentation, IC's documentation, and all the other documentations DO NOT CONTAIN ANY MENTION OF THIS.

If it were real, and true, it would be all over the net. Go on and find us some HARD FACTS. Show us how EVERY PROGRAM fails to copy copies. Can't do it? Then STOP SPREADING DISINFORMATION.

- Gurm

19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well what diagnosis do you so called experts

have for instant copy 7 then?

tell me that you made a straight disc copy with with a movie made from that

i am THE EXPERT

20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i wonder what this feature is for

they must have just put it there

to give the you 'experts' something to talk about

this put the physical marks on the discs like thayne was talking about

with commercial cds

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What happens when you click that option?

It has the "....." dots after it. Is it an option?

What happens with these 'Marked Error' Discs during playback? (The first copy that you create through the 'DVD Video' section in Nero)

22. It's not "non-sense" I've ran into these marked errors before. To be honest they rarely do that on DVD's anymore. However it is real popular on MicroSoft software now a days. I even remember the marked errors on later date PlayStation games. For example go burn yourself a copy of MicroSoft Office XP. Use Nero or any other software title other then CloneCD. More then likely your burner will not report errors to you but your software did not copy these marked errors it just ignored them thinking they were dust or other debris or even yet a non exsistant sector of data. Now put that CD in your computer the back-up and install it. I gurantee you it will hang during the installation period and not finish. Now repeat all those steps with CloneCD. CloneCD infact does a (I forget the term) exact bit for bit copy. It does not overlook these errors it copies the errors. Now take your CloneCD copy and use it to install. Voila like magic it works. This is the same with a few paticular DVD's except the marked errors generally mess up the backup stage only when you attempt to copy backup a backup to another backup. Sorry if the post doesn't make all that much sense but im tired and a I drank a 5th of vodka dare me to drive? :P jk!

23. Banned
    Search Comp PM

And if Nero were doing it ON PURPOSE, it would do it on every version. The fact that the latest version doesn't have this problem indicates that it's A BUG, not a feature that they're keeping secret from us.

- Gurm
    in case you didn't notice

nero changes like the weather

24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Don't confuse marked errors on computer software and on DVD's. It's a form of copy protection on commercial computer CD's - the software SPECIFICALLY CHECKS for the errors. Your copy HAS to have them, or it won't work. And, it's not universal. There is a LARGE number of older CD players (fully HALF of all 4x and slower players) that just report the errors as 0's and therefore the copy protection fails even on the original.

That's an unacceptable margin with DVD's. There is no such protection on DVD's. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a watermark, but there is no mechanism in the DVD playback loop to allow checking of such a watermark. If it IS there, it's there to verify the validity of a movie (and to try to cut back on rampant commercial piracy such as that in China or Taiwan).

Vance, I think I understand what you're saying. But listen to what I'm saying, ok?

IF you rip a disc and copy it with, say, DVD Decryptor.

And you then want to make another copy and run it through Recordnow... it will ALWAYS work. It will NEVER fail.

Are you with me here?

Your insistence on the existence of these mark errors is admirable. Perhaps they do exist as a form of intentional data mangling. Why? God only knows.

But to insist (as you did, earlier in the thread) that they're always there and they'll always pop up... is just stupid.

I guarantee you that you can give me ANY disc, and I can make unlimited copies of copies of copies.

I never use IC7 because it's a piece of crap. I also never burn DVD's with Nero, because it SUCKS at burning DVD's.

- Gurm

25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vance43211:

Stop writing in columns.

It is annoying.

Use proper paragraphs.

Also, review your posts before

submitting them.

This way, they do not

sound like you are

playing a game of

mindtrap.

Search Comp PM
    I have to say that it is easier to rip a backup than it is the original. Maybe it's because your computer has already done all of the work to the original so you can burn it to a DVD. I know my system has an easier time playing backups and reading them than it sometimes does with the original DVD!

27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Pyrate:

Of COURSE. The CSS is already gone, it's just reading straight data now. Easy easy.

- Gurm

28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just be careful your player doesn't run into any Mark Errors.

I think that's gonna be my answer for everything from now on.

Every time someone has a problem and I don't know what the answer is, I'm gonna blame it on Mark Errors.

- Gurm

29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I just did a little research on "Mark Errors", and here's what I found...

Nothing.

Well, ALMOST nothing.

In fact the only mention of it comes from the Instant Copy 7 documentation. It is, in fact, a feature used to create errors on the target media... but here's the key line... IF YOUR DRIVE SUPPORTS IT.

Now, judging by the rather small percentage of CD drives which support writing errors (5% or less) I somehow doubt that many DVD writers support it. And certainly they don't ALWAYS do it.

So Vance's insistence that it ALWAYS happens when writing with Nero is just bogus. It ALWAYS happens... if your drive supports it, if you write with a version of a program that supports making errors on purpose, and IF you author with IC7 and turn this feature on.

That's... a lot of IF's.

As for why his suggestions work when people have problems reading their media... it's because they're using cheap media and/or burning too fast. Why does ripping to the disk and reburning help? Because the DVD reader is a BETTER READER than the set-top player. GO FIGURE.

*sigh*

I love ignorance. Give someone a LITTLE knowledge.

- Gurm