VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. IUG
    Anytime I try to run this program through the terminal, I get the following error:

Originally Posted by Terminal
    Last login: Wed Aug 6 18:49:47 on ttyp1
    pbpaste | sh
    Welcome to Darwin!
    [IUGs-Computer:~] iug% pbpaste | sh
    Encoding started on Wed Aug 6 18:52:36 EDT 2003
    Unknown input or output format: ppmpipe
    [IUGs-Computer:~] iug%
    Any idea why, and how I can fix this? I really want to get the New Ren And Stimpy online, but MEencoder seems to leave a one second delay with the audio, so I wanted to try this program instead.
    Quote Quote  
  2. IUG
    Crap, can't edit, so...

Originally Posted by Terminal
    Last login: Wed Aug 6 18:49:47 on ttyp1
    pbpaste | sh
    Welcome to Darwin!
    [IUGs-Computer:~] iug% pbpaste | sh
    Encoding started on Wed Aug 6 18:52:36 EDT 2003
    Unknown input or output format: ppmpipe
    [IUGs-Computer:~] iug%
    Quote Quote  
  3. Which format is your input movie, and to which format are you willing to encode it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. IUG
    I exported the orginal movie from iMovie as full motion DV, but the file extention is .mov (usually DV files are .dv, so I'm a little unsure on that). I tried to encode it as MPEG4 [.AVI] (ffmpeg).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try also changing the file extension to ".dv" and try also with the mencoder mpeg-4 codec.
    Quote Quote  
  6. IUG
    Thanks, it seems just changing the file extension did it. I'll just post back in a while and see how the coversion went.
    Quote Quote  
  7. IUG
    Yeah, I did convert it, this time with ffmpeg, and I got an even longer delay between my audio and video that I did with Mencoder. The video seems to be going at about 3/4 the speed of the video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Make sure you use a framerate and audio sampling rate exactly matching those of your source movie.
    Quote Quote  
  9. IUG
    Thanks, you guys all kick ass, and can leech the new Ren And Stimpy off of me anytime.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi, I am also getting the same ppmpipe problem. I have tried encoding everything using the ffmpeg thing, and it won't work. When i try menencoder it seems to work, but I'd like to try both to see quality etc. I've tried divx, mpg1, mpg2 and still same ppmpipe problem. I am running osx 10.2.6, 1ghz imac, ffmpeg 7.c and using btv to capture dv (through cannopus acdc 100) into quicktime file with .mov extension. I just find it odd that I cannot use ffmpeg encoder with any file types I use. I also cannot get the preview option to work at all. Just curious how to fix this. Thank you!
    Quote Quote