VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert a wav file to AC3 using Besweet and following the guide on this website. But, when I select my wav file for the input, it doesn't list the AC3 file name in the output, so when I try to do the conversion, it says no output file. Now, everytime I open the GUI, it opens with everything set where I left off, with an input file and no output file. I tried just selecting a different wav file as an input, but it still didn't give me the output file name.
    Quote Quote  
  2. check your selected output formats carefully
    not exactly a simple gui
    make sure ya actually give a name for the output file
    in the space provided
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Once mastered the command line interface of BeSplit is very easy. Not tried the GUI though.

Use the Examples.txt file

and also

If you type "besplit" at the command prompt it will provide more information and command switches.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Permit me to respectfully disagree with fiiido. The command line interface in BeSweet is by far the most confusing and hellish interface ever created by a human being.
    What you want to do is download the AC3 GUI front end from www.doom9.org called AC3Machine.
    This simplifies the entire process of creating AC3 files down to about one click.
    BeSweet by tiself is nearly impossible to do anything useful with -- the program cannot even typically find itself (it typically demands to know where BeSweet is located and even if you type in the directory, BeSweet's GUI still usually can't find BeSweet.exe) and thus will usually give you an error mssg. Piss-poor program design, typical for freeware. However, AC3Machine makes creating AC3 files trivial.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by rghogue
    I'm trying to convert a wav file to AC3 using Besweet and following the guide on this website. But, when I select my wav file for the input, it doesn't list the AC3 file name in the output, so when I try to do the conversion, it says no output file. Now, everytime I open the GUI, it opens with everything set where I left off, with an input file and no output file. I tried just selecting a different wav file as an input, but it still didn't give me the output file name.
    You have to give it an output file name. Click the top left where it says Output then, in the new window top right, give it a name. Next time you open BeSweet GUI it should auto fill in that same name.
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you! The instruction to give it a name and where to type it is what I was missing. It works now. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DVDrHelp will be with you... always.
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you, Obi Wan. But, now, another problem I have. Help me someone must. (Insert Yoda smiley here).
    In Movie Factory 2, I try to add the AC3 audio and when I browse for the files, it won't show it to me if I'm telling it to list "all formats", but it's there if I list "all files". Then when I select it and try to add it, I get a message that says "file format mismatch".
    Quote Quote