VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. for some reason using winsubmx is really slow for me. do u know if there is any other way to put switchable subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  2. no I don't know any other program that could do this, I heard that I Author had the ability but it's not even available to the U.S anymore. So I don't know what to tell you....
    Check out my guide on converting .OGM format to an SVCD with Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio tracks.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/170944.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, if many of you didn't know, this is my last year in high school, yes I am a senior, and lately I have been plagued with work that requires a lot of attention. So I will try my best to answer all of your questions, but my trips to this website will not be as frequent. I am sorry, but when I wrote this last year I had free time on my hands, but it's becoming kind of hectic to keep up with everything, so I have to cut some things down to make space for the more important things...I have been meaning to upgrade the guide, but hve not gotten the chance. But if anyone would like to take over for me answering questions, I would really appreciate it...I will try to come answer questions as much as I can...but for now...I will have to depart...I hope that for many of you this guide provided help and a way to expand yourselves...so PEACE !
    Check out my guide on converting .OGM format to an SVCD with Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio tracks.

Quote Quote  
  4. Since I had Departed for a while, I am back for a while, even though it might be short, but I am back and will be answering any questions anyone might have, I have also started to update the guide and links.

*Updated*

The SubStation Alpha Download Link*

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Im using this guide and when i mux with WinSubMux the Sub and mpg, i do a playback but i only get sound and no image....?? ..any ideas...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, you do know that depending on the different types of DVD's players, and software, sometime using the right software CAN work...I suggest trying Nero, or VCD easy....

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok...first of all my bad...i forgot to mention that i dont get any video and only sound when i play it on my PC. Now i tried other methods since i couldnt get it working with yours(but still yours is one of the best guides out there ) and i was able to convert me OGM to a Xvid(DX50) format and did it a second time in DivX 5.1.1 format (both AVI)...both with sub using Texsub filter in VRDubMod. Once that was done i was able to watch both files in WMP9 and i they had sub...video...sound all in sync (was so happy at that moment ).

Then I decided to use TMPGEnc Plus to change it into a SVCD. Now i dont know if its cuz of my settings or not, but when the conversion is done( and yes i can see everything during the conversion) and i play it back on my PC there is only sound and no image. I dont get any codec error before playback starts. Since TMPGEnc doesn't read the audio of the Xvid or DivX i made, i used the mp2 i created with your guide for the audio( i used it as well to create my avi in VRDubMod). I've done other Animes before this one( already in AVI from the start ) and I've been able to watch them after converting them to mpg to see how then turned out.

Here are my questions:

-What do you think the problem is?
    -If possible, what are the settings used in TMPGEnc to watch the SVCD on my 32'' TV so that sub is not cut off at the bottom or sides?( for previous anime, i've had to use Center(custom) and set it to 480X444 to get the sub in and even that sometimes cuts off the sub at either end and is at the limit of the bottom of my TV screen.

Oh and here's how i made my Xvid and DivX avi with VRDubMod if it can help:

1- Load OGM in VRDubMod

2- In Stream list, disabled everything inside and add jap Audio file created with OGM to SVCD easy Guide

3- Select Direct stream Copy and "Save AVI as"

4- Re-open new AVI and open filters

5- Add Textdub or Subtitle filter and choose "subtitle".srt created with OGM to SVCD easy Guide

6- Set video to full processing and go into Compression

7- DIVX: Selected Divx 5.1.1 codec>>click configure and set Kbps( using bitrate calculator in Gordian Knot)>>then Save AVI as

Xvid: Selected Xvid MPEG-4 codec>>click configure>>Advance options>>Under Debug tab>>FourCC used: DX50)>>then Save AVI as

8- Encode to MPG with TMPGEnc Plus

Hope this helps solving my prob...i really need a solution

Thanks in advance

P.S. why do i get in TMPGEnc Plus when im about to start encoding this msg:

Your are trying to create an MPEG-2 file

To play MPEG-2 files, DVD player software needs to be installed on your system.

Does that have to do with anything and it only appears if i dont use the wizard.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well i just tried it on my DVD player and all is good, but if you can answer those questions for future reference it would be very appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by saitoh183
    -If possible, what are the settings used in TMPGEnc to watch the SVCD on my 32'' TV so that sub is not cut off at the bottom or sides?( for previous anime, i've had to use Center(custom) and set it to 480X444 to get the sub in and even that sometimes cuts off the sub at either end and is at the limit of the bottom of my TV screen.
    You should probably just play around with the subtitle placement little-by-little until you get a perfect fit for that TV.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well it seems to me that you don't have an Mpeg-2 Codec INstalled on your PC, which you MIGHT have to purchase, the best method I would recommend to install an Mpeg-2 Codec would be to install PowerDVD or WinDVD, since it has DVD Playback qualities which TMPGEnc kind of requires to encode. Mpeg-2/SVCD/DVD Files....

Quote Quote  
  11. *Bump*

Quote Quote