VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I converted a movie from AVI (video and audio OK) to MPEG I -- (video and audio still OK).
    I used VCDEasy Commercial version v1.1.6 to produce a VCD and video and audio are OK on my PC, but when I take it to my APEX 1500, the audio is not to be found.

I've done this before with 352x240 (NTSC) and have no problems.

The one I have problems with is 352x288 (PAL). While I have played UK DVD's (PAL) fine -- the APEX does the PAL to NTSC conversion automatically and I have also run the "http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/demovcd/v0.1/demovcd-pal.zip" sample without any problems.

This one has me stumped.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    Well, this is serious Egg-on-my-face...

Originally Posted by Laozi
    I converted a movie from AVI (video and audio OK) to MPEG I -- (video and audio still OK).
    I used VCDEasy Commercial version v1.1.6 to produce a VCD and video and audio are OK on my PC, but when I take it to my APEX 1500, the audio is not to be found.

I've done this before with 352x240 (NTSC) and have no problems.

The one I have problems with is 352x288 (PAL). While I have played UK DVD's (PAL) fine -- the APEX does the PAL to NTSC conversion automatically and I have also run the "http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/examples/demovcd/v0.1/demovcd-pal.zip" sample without any problems.

This one has me stumped.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Cheers!

Turns out somebody had turned on SPDIF/PCM on the DVD player. When I turned it back to Analog it played everything fine. Just too bad I had to spend soo much time on a wild goose chase

Almost sounds like the "did you turn the power on?"

Cheers!
    Quote Quote