VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. burned a vcd (mpeg) file. is there any why i can see it on my pc using
    my cdrom?
    when i put in my cdrom it wont play i shows several files, non of which are playable!
    Quote Quote  
  2. PowerDVD will work with raw mpeg files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. windows media player will play the avseq01.dat file directly...only VCD (not SVCD)
    Quote Quote  
  4. open the mpgav folder (or try one of the others) and look for a file with a ".dat" extension.

Open windows movie player and do file, open, browse and locate that file (you may have to do all files) and then you should be able to play it.

I am making a number of assumptions about your pc since you didnt include any information, so this may not work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The VCD has a defined data/file structure. That's the reason why you can not make a VCD just by copying all the files onto your CD-R. Standard burning softwares have options to burn an mpeg-1 file as a proper ("White Book" compliant) VCD (your file will then have a .dat extension) that can be played by standalone VCD-Players. These softwares can also burn your mpeg-1 as a 'data' file, like you write data on a floppy. These files will not be accessible to a standalone VCD player, but, of course, a computer can play them. In either case, just locate your file in widows explorer [or Control Panel>Your CD-ROM drive>(the folder containing your file)>your file, and either double-click it or right click>Play/Open/Open with. Your file will play in the default application or the one of your choice. Remember that your file may be in a folder called 'MPEGAV".

I hope this is of some help.
    Quote Quote