VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok i have a mpg video that plays fine on my computer using wmp, i burned it to vcd using nero to watch it on tv but i didn't encode it. as vcd, the pic is fine but no sound, i know i can encode the whole mpg file in tmpgenc and that would work but what i did was save the converted audio wav using virtualdub then multiplex it back using tmpgenc, but tmpgenc doesn't recognize the audio wave when i try to multiplex, it says "illigal MPEG stream". is there any way i can just convert the audio alone to make it vcd compatible then multiplex it back with the original video instead of having to encode the whole mpg both video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot multiplex wav file with TMPGEnc
    Simply demultiplex the mpg (use MPEG Tools in TMPGEnc)-to get the video and audio seperated-then reencode using appropriate VCD template in TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i wouldn't need to de-multiplex it if i'm gonna encode the the mpg as a whole. my question was, is there a way i can just encode the audio alone to make it vcd compatible then multiplex it back with the original video?
    Quote Quote