VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I'm thinking of getting the HP DVD-Writer DVD300i but according to a site, it only can record on +R DVD discs thus only DVD player that supports this format can play it. Which leads me to my questions :
    1) Anyone with experince with this writer and care to comment on its pros and cons?
    2) I am using a standalone Pioneer DV-355 DVD player and since the +R limitation disc burning, will I be able to able to play the burned DVD discs on it?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know about the pioneer player, but I'd stay away from the 300i. I had the 300e drive for about a week before it quit working. I burned 3 discs and then nothing would work. I took it back and got sony's dual drive. So far I've had no problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had my 200e for over a year. When I first got it I had a problem....called hp...and they sent me a new one...I haven't had a problem since.

In reference to the question, I believe your pioneer should be able to play the discs, I can not guarantee this, but so far the only player that I have not been able to play my discs on is an Aiwa.
    Quote Quote  
  4. With the HP burner, you have the option to change the bitsetting/book type, which makes the media more readable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have this as a spare drive as it was shipped with my pc but i had a sony 500

i swopped it over - its 2.4 times recorder and very good

never done a coaster with it just update the firmware when you get it

nice drive BUT + only
    Quote Quote