VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I'm thinking of getting the HP DVD-Writer DVD300i but according to a site, it only can record on +R DVD discs thus only DVD player that supports this format can play it. Which leads me to my questions :
    1) Anyone with experince with this writer and care to comment on its pros and cons?
    2) I am using a standalone Pioneer DV-355 DVD player and since the +R limitation disc burning, will I be able to able to play the burned DVD discs on it?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know about the pioneer player, but I'd stay away from the 300i. I had the 300e drive for about a week before it quit working. I burned 3 discs and then nothing would work. I took it back and got sony's dual drive. So far I've had no problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had my 200e for over a year. When I first got it I had a problem....called hp...and they sent me a new one...I haven't had a problem since.

In reference to the question, I believe your pioneer should be able to play the discs, I can not guarantee this, but so far the only player that I have not been able to play my discs on is an Aiwa.
    Quote Quote  
  4. With the HP burner, you have the option to change the bitsetting/book type, which makes the media more readable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have this as a spare drive as it was shipped with my pc but i had a sony 500

i swopped it over - its 2.4 times recorder and very good

never done a coaster with it just update the firmware when you get it

nice drive BUT + only
    Quote Quote