VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Basically the thread is locked and after reading the replies I don't give a shit anymore cos reading it shows some of you dont care about rules. I also dont give a shit what he wrote to me cos I know he cant harm me and he did actually say ALL OF YOU in one of his posts anywat but even so would you want kids reading that sorta stuff anyway. It is also implied that I was questioning the Moderators actions but I was only asking him to read the threads and then maybe he would have seen my quite valid point

people also mention not to read future posts but how do you know what has been written and by who till you read it?, cos it dont say in the email notification or pre warn you when you first read a thread that this dickhead may have posted in it

there's more issues in some of the replies cos I cannot believe some of the views people have

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=589964#589964

thats the thread in question and basically this ElQueso2/SyndicateFoo guy is the the same person

now he was banned for a reason yet returned THE VERY NEXY DAY so hasnt been banned in effect yet some people in the thread seem to think that's fine

now after reading the rules

it states being banned immediately AND permanently. So where does it say temporarily?, cos reading that it says to me if you are banned it is permanent as the banned is followed by AND so banned & permanent are together and doesnt mean you can create a new username the next day and all is well!. It says to me you get banned then it's permanent!"

I know you could create a new username and I guess as long as they didnt let out who it was returning then fine cos people will never know but in this case he has been found out! and even worse he joined the next day, so thats a big slap in the forums face rulebook and also Baldrick

and seeing as this guys loving of the word DIE etc still remains along with his stupid pathetic wannabe macho signature I doubt very much he has changed but more like he is slowly gonna return to what he was before

I could rant on more but I'll leave it at that for now

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it is possible to reregister after you have been banned with a new username and email. I can ban IPs but many users have dynamic ips(usually modem,cable) and then it isn't usually possible.

But if anyone finds a user that have reregistred a short time after a ban then just post it in our feedback forum or pm us(admin or mod) and we can reban him/her.

If a user wants his/her banned removed it is just to email me or a moderator and we maybe can remove the ban. Reregistering after a ban is not tolerated.

SyndicateFoo bannned again.

3. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    justice has been done

I'm not against people coming back in the way you express it should be done but like I said the next day is basically taking the p1$$ and this guy deserved a lot longer than 24 hours

guess I know what to do next time though

cheers

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For reference. Dial-ups (virtually) always have a different IP everytime they dial. DSL/CABLE is usually fairly constant, but can be changed very easily (less than 30 seconds, no reboots required).

Now if IP's are logged, that well and good. The casual moron will get banned and go away. The persistant ones will re-register with a new IP and keep going. What stops these people is their Mouth!! If you suspect that someone is a re-register, ask Baldrick or one of the admins. What they will do is look at the IP's and see if they are related. That is, an ISp has blocks of IP's; The re-register will have an IP close to the offending one.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan

5. it states being banned immediately AND permanently. So where does it say temporarily?
    I thought I already covered this. The "KEY" word from the forum code is "MAY." Modz MAY "PERMANENTLY" ban them....I don't see ANYWHERE it says they will "DEFINITELY" "PERMANENTLY" Ban anyone.

In this case syndicate foo has been banned again. But just like I said in the last post....and Baldrick basically confirmed....all they have to do is re-register again with a new nic and a lower profile...maybe a sig that doesn't have the words "DIE" "ILLY" "9MILLY" in them...and you'll probably never know. Then again, maybe they'll slip up and write the word 'DIE' in another post....but talk about a waste of time HUNTING down those posts.

And if that isn't essentially worthless...how about if they have a "static" IP address....Baldrick admittedly said they pretty much can't be banned for all intents and purposes.....so if this guy has DSL/CABLE....they will be back.

But being that Baldrick just banned "SYNDICATE FOO" and NOT the IP address.....I suspect another nic will be created shortly...if not already.

Has justice really been served?

6. Guys, come on!
    I think there is no need to waste precious time verifying if a banned user create a new login. Mods are doing a fabulous job here.
    It's like a red traffic light. Sometimes, we don't respect it. Sometimes we do that for sure, sometimes we don't pay attention enough.
    Sometimes there is a policeman to punish us, sometimes not.
    The most important thing here is: There are rules and they must be respected. If we will be punished everytime we're wrong, we don't know.
    Once againg, congratulations to Moderators.

PS:I'm sorry by my English.

7. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by defense
    it states being banned immediately AND permanently. So where does it say temporarily?
    I thought I already covered this. The "KEY" word from the forum code is "MAY." Modz MAY "PERMANENTLY" ban them....I don't see ANYWHERE it says they will "DEFINITELY" "PERMANENTLY" Ban anyone.

In this case syndicate foo has been banned again. But just like I said in the last post....and Baldrick basically confirmed....all they have to do is re-register again with a new nic and a lower profile...maybe a sig that doesn't have the words "DIE" "ILLY" "9MILLY" in them...and you'll probably never know. Then again, maybe they'll slip up and write the word 'DIE' in another post....but talk about a waste of time HUNTING down those posts.

And if that isn't essentially worthless...how about if they have a "static" IP address....Baldrick admittedly said they pretty much can't be banned for all intents and purposes.....so if this guy has DSL/CABLE....they will be back.

But being that Baldrick just banned "SYNDICATE FOO" and NOT the IP address.....I suspect another nic will be created shortly...if not already.

Has justice really been served?
    LOL, you vexed about this?, and yes Justice has been done cos now this guy will know to tread more carefully and be more like the users that Baldrick would like frequenting these boards cos I'm sure I would rather do without the crap this guy came up with previously (and probably would have in the future) if I was the Site owner

I know he can create a new username (Der!) but as for HUNTING down these posts as you put it, if he hadn't used the same old DIE in his thread title I wouldn't have noticed it was him and hopefully I won't ever again even if he does come back again, which he obviously will. Those links were just to show how much of a dick he can be, and took me all of (let me think a sec!) a minute to find again using the very rarely used search feature, but I felt it necessary to just show something of this guys nature

and you were the one I couldn't really believe cos if you read it it says MAY but the word BANNED is associated with PERMANENTLY so if you are banned (as he was) to me it say's it's permanent. MAY has nothing to do with it now as the decision was made back then so MAY is now WAS in this case. I would assume this would be infinite or in some cases until they may even be allowed back just like the way most forums work but the way it is at the minute BANNED & PERMANENT are as one. Of course that is unless someone is an qualified English teacher and can explain it actually doesn't mean that but something else

maybe if it had read Doing so may lead to you being temporarily/permanently banned with immediate effect then I may just see your point but the way it stands I don't

I just can't understand why you are so upset about it and I feel a quote from one of your posts is quite appropiate!
    if you have a problem with a poster..don't post in their threads or read their threads. Noone is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying you gotta read the names have been changed to protect the innocent thread or anyone elses for that matter
    the basic fact you seem to overlook is that this guy did create a new username within 24 hours and HAS admitted it was him and Baldrick has took whatever action he felt necessary and I guess he has the final say

but why would Baldrick bother banning him again if it wasn't worth giving a toss about in the 1st place? and I had just wasted all of the 2 seconds it took him to decide on what action to take (I guess I can pull away my gun to Baldricks head now )

I can't really be ar$ed to argue with you defense but to me you are just being awkward, simple as! igh:

8. Damn man, get a life. The moderators are fine. They banned him again when he showed up. Why are you making such a big deal out of this, creating page long posts regarding this guy. Its a freaken forum on the internet.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LanEvo7
    The moderators are fine.
    Which is shown in the pictures thread.

10. Originally Posted by tgpo
    The moderators are fine.
    Which is shown in the pictures thread.
    I find myself strangely aroused by your photo posted by Baldrick.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    I find myself strangely aroused by your photo posted by Baldrick.
    Actually me too...does that sound weird?? :P

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MackemX
    thats the thread in question and basically this ElQueso2/SyndicateFoo guy is the the same person

I miss him.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.

Search Comp PM
    ...after reading the replies I don't give a shit anymore
    I also dont give a shit what he wrote to me cos I know he cant harm me and he did actually say ALL OF YOU in one of his posts anywat

I think you do give a shit to have gone to such lengths to have him re-banned.
    Plus, if you didn't you wouldn't have created yet another thread whinging about the rules and how amazed you are everyone is opposed to your stance.
    If you read some of this guys first posts you'll see me slap bang in the middle, issuing the immortal line (or words to the effect of)...
    ...if there is any justice in this world you will be banned from this site.
    His posts were the worst I'd seen, he was clearly having mental issues and as he couldn't control himself was rightly banned.
    What you should have done is simply PM a moderator a message or post a thread in the feedback section, not create a post with how unfair life is and how we all must be arseholes for ignoring the rules.
    Basically man most of us don't give a shit, this guy appeared to be making an effort and had learnt his lesson.
    Yes, re-registering within 24 hours is against Baldrick's site policy, but if you hadn't created this 'bull in a china shop' farce I don't doubt he'd have eventually been found out.
    However, had he been given the chance he'd have probably toe-d the line and been such a model member it might have proved difficult for a moderator to ban him again.
    Yes, as I've said, Baldrick choose to boot the poor bastard out again and that's fine, but there are way to bring this to the moderator's attention and yours was the shitty way.
    What also makes me smile is the fact you choose to goad this guy in his thread, and show your superiority insofar as you'd identified him, you'd unmasked this develish wrong-doer.
    Not healthy man.
    Anyway, you've got what you wanted, congratulations.
    It's only a forum afterall.
    Will Hay
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.

14. I would like to point out that the Forum rules / Acceptable Use Policy clearly states, "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws."

This thread is locked and after reading the replies I don't give a shit anymore cos reading it shows some of you dont care about rules. I also dont give a shit what he wrote...
    Let's be honest. You are accusing another member of violating the above site rules, and yet you clearly use the word "shit" twice in your opening parlay. Look in Ye Olde American English Dictionary and you will find the word "shit" is defined, quite clearly, as a vulgarity.

Threating and intimidating applies to both the real world as well as cyberspace. If you are truly that concerned about what ElQueso2 posted, your beef should be with your local law enforcement authority and/or the FBI/Interpol. Arguing the relevance is of whether such actions should merit membership disqualification seems rather trivial in comparison.

15. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Damn man, get a life. The moderators are fine. They banned him again when he showed up. Why are you making such a big deal out of this, creating page long posts regarding this guy. Its a freaken forum on the internet.
    WTF (what the flip? ) are you going on about?

Originally Posted by indolikaa
    I would like to point out that the Forum rules / Acceptable Use Policy clearly states, "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Let's be honest. You are accusing another member of violating the above site rules, and yet you clearly use the word "shit" twice in your opening parlay. Look in Ye Olde American English Dictionary and you will find the word "shit" is defined, quite clearly, as a vulgarity.
    lol, , you gotta be kidding me, you got nothing better to do?. I sincerely apologise to anyone who has been offended by my use of the word $*%& or any other word that may offend members. You are missing the issue also by the way as this thread was intended to express my disbelief at members views

@ Will

all I had done is pointed out this guy was banned for some crap he had posted and that he came back the next day (took me all of 2 mins to do) but the main point of the discussion turned and was not regarding Elqueso2 but some other members (not bugster) opinions of the banning procedure and what it actually means

forgive me for not doing it in the correct manner by using the feedback forum cos I didn't realise how many toes I would step on. I wonder if it would have been such an issue if I had posted this in the feedback forum?

but why did you personally even bother posting about what I shudda done, did you not read Baldrick's reply? and then my reply afterwards????

and where did I say all of you were arseholes?

as for bull in china shop, I knew it was him in my 1st reply in the original thread!

-------------------------------

@ all,
    the only reason I have posted so much crap myself is to try and get it thru to certain members what I interpreted as the Rules but I see yet another few have jumped on the Elqueso2 supporters bandwagon, so welcome aboard

but my question remains and that is why the hell did Baldrick see it fit to ban him again???? cos I'm sure he knows what he meant when writing the Rules

why didn't he slap him on the wrists and say 'naughty boy, don't do it again' and not reban him like some of you would like to have done. It's probably cos the forums would lose all control and the mods would be warning/banning people left right and centre (more work) because certain people just wouldn't care what they wrote and all hell would break loose

so it's beyond me why some of you are so cut up about it and my posts????. Like defense said if it bothers you then don't post or don't even read it cos it wudda disappeared within 24 hours but I believe that some people just like to stick their nose in wherever they can just to spice things up a little but miss the whole point behind someones actions

basically the banning of Elqueso2 ain't the issue of this thread but more to do with members interpretations of the Rules and certain people's views on them

keep it real :joke:

16. Originally Posted by MackemX
    lol, , you gotta be kidding me, you got nothing better to do?. I sincerely apologise to anyone who has been offended by my use of the word $*%& or any other word that may offend members. You are missing the issue also by the way as this thread was intended to express my disbelief at members views
    I was merely pointing out that your language could be construed as a violation of Forum rules/AUP, just as ElQueso2/SyndicateFoo's rantings could also. It's a matter of interpretation amongst the moderators, and even in this matter we seem to have a difference of opinion among the mods.

I understand that your intent was to create a thread to express your disbelief at members' views. I am obviously one of those members you are expressing your disbelief with. That's fine with me, you have your opinion and I have my opinion.

As for you comments regarding that I have nothing better to do? My first post took all of about 2 minutes. This post? OK, I splurged and committed about 5 minutes. How much time have you put into this thread? I wonder, which one of us really has nothing better to do?

17. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I was merely pointing out that your language could be construed as a violation of Forum rules/AUP, just as ElQueso2/SyndicateFoo's rantings could also. It's a matter of interpretation amongst the moderators, and even in this matter we seem to have a difference of opinion among the mods.

I understand that your intent was to create a thread to express your disbelief at members' views. I am obviously one of those members you are expressing your disbelief with. That's fine with me, you have your opinion and I have my opinion.

As for you comments regarding that I have nothing better to do? My first post took all of about 2 minutes. This post? OK, I splurged and committed about 5 minutes. How much time have you put into this thread? I wonder, which one of us really has nothing better to do?
    my point towards you was the fact you picked up on the word shit trying to be a smart arse

thats why I said have you got nothing better to do as I don't see any other input into the two threads from you other than that feeble post previous to your last one

guess you better look through the rest of the forums using shit as your search word and correct all those guys too then if it bothers you enough to post about it

and finally how can I express my disbelief towards someone who aint even input anything into this discussion other than commenting on the word 'shit'??

so it's beyond me why some of you are so cut up about it and my posts????. Like defense said if it bothers you then don't post or don't even read it cos it wudda disappeared within 24 hours but I believe that some people just like to stick their nose in wherever they can just to spice things up a little but miss the whole point behind someones actions

gimme a break

18. @mackemX....first, as far as arguing with me...let's not concern past posts of Instant Copy vs. CCE along with this one...because I know that is what you are doing. That is old news man, get over it. Your posts are generally helpful...however, you get into that closed minded mode every now and then, which is what you have done here.

You claim that these people who have responded to this thread against your actions are ElQueso "supporters" on the bandwagon...but you are once again, incorrect! Nobody is supporting ElQueso's actions, however, the guy did claim to be on medicine and was absolutely a civil poster in all of their SyndicateFoo posts. Nobody is saying he should NOT of been banned. What people are saying is that you have gone to the extreme to get him "re-banned" which shows that you are really being affected by a guy over a computer who you'll probably never see.

You are spending a ridiculous amount of time hunting down this guy although you claim otherwise. You say you just knew it was ElQueso back...yet..you also posted the date ElQueso was banned as well as the fact that you knew Syndicate Foo registered the next day..as well as other similarities. It shows that you are spending too much time worrying about something so minor. You are playing DetectiveX to try and hunt this guy down and make sure he never posts here under ANY new nic again. Let bygones be bygones.

Listen to yourself:

LOL, you vexed about this?, and yes Justice has been done cos now this guy will know to tread more carefully and be more like the users that Baldrick would like frequenting these boards cos I'm sure I would rather do without the crap this guy came up with previously (and probably would have in the future) if I was the Site owner
    ahhh...and I thank you for that comment because I knew this is what it was about. Mackem...you are NOT the site owner.....that's what you have to comprehend. IF the dog didn't stop to take a shit, he woulda caught the rabbit..... IF you were the site owner..i'm sure you'd handle it differently...but you're not...move on.

and you were the one I couldn't really believe cos if you read it it says MAY but the word BANNED is associated with PERMANENTLY so if you are banned (as he was) to me it say's it's permanent. MAY has nothing to do with it now as the decision was made back then so MAY is now WAS in this case. I would assume this would be infinite or in some cases until they may even be allowed back just like the way most forums work but the way it is at the minute BANNED & PERMANENT are as one

Not sure what you are confusing yourself Mackem. It's very clear that the forum policy states the word "MAY." May is the KEY WORD. The policy says "MAY BE IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY BANNED!" I'll break it down for you. Simply put, that means if a user breaks forum policy, that user MAY be "IMMEDIATELY" banned.... or the user "MAY" BE PERMANENTLY BANNED! That is exactly what the policy states and I made two sentences for you out of the one sentence in the forum policy. The policy also states "AND" the users ISP will be notified.....but of course, if you are so strong on your interpretation of the forum policy and want to continue to ignore the KEY WORD "MAY"...why haven't you harped on Baldrick for not contacting Syndicate Foo's ISP?

According to your interpretation the word AND was there and that means "together" and that means the ISP SHOULD OF DEFINITELY of been contacted. All your doing Mackem is giving your opinion of the forum policy WITHOUT THE WORD "MAY." Your interpretation of the policy would be correct IF the word "MAY" was not there. That one little THREE LETTER WORD has a huge impact. Because that is the key word which explains that it's at the discretion of the adminstrator or the mods to take the actions THEY DEEM appropriate. Not YOU or ANYONE else.

And last but not least. You asked why Baldrick "rebanned" SyndicateFoo. I will tell you why. The reason Baldrick banned them again was because they ADMITTED they were ElQueso. If they had NOT admitted it, then Baldrick would have to go out of his way to prove it was him and reban him. He's have to check IP Addresses...etc..etc. Baldrick wasn't gonna go that route because SyndicateFoo had NOT broken any of the forum policy and was actually very civil even though you went ballistic on them after their new nic was created. They tried to tell you politely they were sorry and they wanted to move on and be friends. You weren't happy with that and thus, "THIS THREAD." If you think i'm wrong about this...then you tell me why "JUDASE" wasn't immediately banned after it was more then apparent he was "KINGJOHN?" I'll tell you why he wasn't banned....because although it was OBVIOUS it was KINGJOHN....JUDASE never ADMITTED he was. Even though the IP ADDRESSES were the same...it could of been someone related to KJ who lived in the same home and used the same computer. Was this likely? No..of course not...and it was obvious it was the bozo...he wasn't fooling anyone...but I think the mods got a good laugh outta the whole thing...because it was disgraceful to see him take that approach. But it was OBVIOUS it was KJ and JudasE was NOT banned....why is that DetectiveX?

You should be a little more open minded and see what people are telling you. Your are wrong here, plain and simple. Numerous people have told you that and it's time to drop it, realize you've wasted enough time....realize that syndicate FOO/ELQUESO WILL be back...if not ALREADY here.....and there's NOTHING you can do about it except waste more time playing DetectiveX and going around in circles.

19. Originally Posted by MackemX
    my point towards you was the fact you picked up on the word shit trying to be a smart arse
    It was not trying to be a smart-ass, I was trying to make a point: vulgarity constitutes a violation of the Forum rules/AUP, and moderators have the option of doing something about it. Violation is judgement of the moderators, not members.

thats why I said have you got nothing better to do as I don't see any other input into the two threads from you other than that feeble post previous to your last one
    Originally, your postings were not worthy of any input. However, I found such humor in your hypocrisy I couldn't resist.

guess you better look through the rest of the forums using shit as your search word and correct all those guys too then if it bothers you enough to post about it
    Unlike you, I don't have THAT much free time.

and finally how can I express my disbelief towards someone who aint even input anything into this discussion other than commenting on the word 'shit'??
    I happen to disagree with the way you handled the incident. You should have kept the issue private between a moderator and yourself. You are not the dvdrhelp.com police, nor were you granted extraordinary powers to police the forum in a manner of your choosing. You saw something that was likely a clear violation of Forum rules/AUP and you didn't even follow proper Forum rules in reporting it!

20. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I happen to disagree with the way you handled the incident. You should have kept the issue private between a moderator and yourself. You are not the dvdrhelp.com police, nor were you granted extraordinary powers to police the forum in a manner of your choosing. You saw something that was likely a clear violation of Forum rules/AUP and you didn't even follow proper Forum rules in reporting it!
    as I have said previous to Will Hay please see posts 2 & 3 of this thread as I've already had my hand smacked , so why did you bother posting yourself in the 1st place?

gimme yet another break!

21. Originally Posted by MackemX
    so why did you bother posting yourself in the 1st place?
    I saw an opportunity for a flame war and thought, "What the hell, I don't feel like starting a format war tonight." Then I thought, "I could make up accusations against txpharoah and then demand he be yellow-carded," but he wasn't online at the time. But then, it occured to me that ElQueso2 may have broken a few laws with his post. So I thought, "I wonder why MackemX isn't hideously upset about being threatened like that." I mean, I'm the type who wouldn't leave it at just banning a member. Why settle for banning him when, for only a few extra bucks, you could have law enforcement follow up? Who'd be the last one laughing then?

already had my hand smacked
    I disagree. You got dawg'd!

gimme yet another break!
    Don't know if I can. I'm running out of ways to keep you strung out on this thread...

22. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    @mackemX....first, as far as arguing with me...let's not concern past posts of Instant Copy vs. CCE along with this one...because I know that is what you are doing. That is old news man, get over it. Your posts are generally helpful...however, you get into that closed minded mode every now and then, which is what you have done here.
    ????, you've lost me cos even if we have had a disagreement previous I don't know what you are on about cos it ain't affecting this discussion cos I don't recall it but I have seen some of your previous posts towards other users

You claim that these people who have responded to this thread against your actions are ElQueso "supporters" on the bandwagon...but you are once again, incorrect! Nobody is supporting ElQueso's actions, however, the guy did claim to be on medicine and was absolutely a civil poster in all of their SyndicateFoo posts. Nobody is saying he should NOT of been banned. What people are saying is that you have gone to the extreme to get him "re-banned" which shows that you are really being affected by a guy over a computer who you'll probably never see.
    what extreme???, just by the 1st post I knew it was him!!!. Is the extreme you are talking about the amount of discussion I have had regarding the rules?, cos I think it is

You are spending a ridiculous amount of time hunting down this guy although you claim otherwise. You say you just knew it was ElQueso back...yet..you also posted the date ElQueso was banned as well as the fact that you knew Syndicate Foo registered the next day..as well as other similarities. It shows that you are spending too much time worrying about something so minor. You are playing DetectiveX to try and hunt this guy down and make sure he never posts here under ANY new nic again. Let bygones be bygones.
    again the 1st post gave enough info to show it was him

ahhh...and I thank you for that comment because I knew this is what it was about. Mackem...you are NOT the site owner.....that's what you have to comprehend. If the dog didn't stop to take a shit, he woulda caught the rabbit..... IF you were the site owner..i'm sure you'd handle it differently...but you're not...move on.
    Baldrick did what I saw was the right thing to do (regardless of how it was raised), so what's your point?

Not sure what you are confusing yourself Mackem. It's very clear that the forum policy states the word "MAY." May is the KEY WORD. The policy says "MAY BE IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY BANNED!" I'll break it down for you. Simply put, that means if a user breaks forum policy, that user MAY be "IMMEDIATELY" banned.... or the user "MAY" BE PERMANENTLY BANNED! That is exactly what the policy states and I made two sentences for you out of the one sentence in the forum policy. The policy also states "AND" the users ISP will be notified.....but of course, if you are so strong on your interpretation of the forum policy and want to continue to ignore the KEY WORD "MAY"...why haven't you harped on Baldrick for not contacting Syndicate Foo's ISP?
    According to your interpretation the word AND was there and that means "together" and that means the ISP SHOULD OF DEFINITELY of been contacted. All your doing Mackem is giving your opinion of the forum policy WITHOUT THE WORD "MAY." Your interpretation of the policy would be correct IF the word "MAY" was not there. That one little THREE LETTER WORD has a huge impact. Because that is the key word which explains that it's at the discretion of the adminstrator or the mods to take the actions THEY DEEM appropriate. Not YOU or ANYONE else.
    I guess you don't get it, cos what you are saying it interprets means you must be seeing the word OR in the middle instead of AND and where did I question the mod's actions?. I simply pointed out that bugster should read the links to get the whole picture, it was other people's responses that I disagreed with regarding the interpretation of the rules cos of the way it's worded

And last but not least. You asked why Baldrick "rebanned" SyndicateFoo. I will tell you why. The reason Baldrick banned them again was because they ADMITTED they were ElQueso. If they had NOT admitted it, then Baldrick would have to go out of his way to prove it was him and reban him. He's have to check IP Addresses...etc..etc. Baldrick wasn't gonna go that route because SyndicateFoo had NOT broken any of the forum policy and was actually very civil even though you went ballistic on them after their new nic was created. They tried to tell you politely they were sorry and they wanted to move on and be friends. You weren't happy with that and thus, "THIS THREAD." If you think i'm wrong about this...then you tell me why "JUDASE" wasn't immediately banned after it was more then apparent he was "KINGJOHN?" I'll tell you why he wasn't banned....because although it was OBVIOUS it was KINGJOHN....JUDASE never ADMITTED he was. Even though the IP ADDRESSES were the same...it could of been someone related to KJ who lived in the same home and used the same computer. Was this likely? No..of course not...and it was obvious it was the bozo...he wasn't fooling anyone...but I think the mods got a good laugh outta the whole thing...because it was disgraceful to see them take that approach. But it was OBVIOUS it was KJ and JudasE was NOT banned....why is that DetectiveX?
    quoting from a post in the other thread
    It was obvious that ElQueso was given an opportunity and then banned...however, they have been given a second opportunity with their new nic "Syndicate Foo" and have not broken any forum policy since re-joining.
    when was he given a 2nd chance?, if that was the case why did Baldrick ban him again instead of just letting it lie?

You should be a little more open minded and see what people are telling you. Your are wrong here, plain and simple. Numerous people have told you that and it's time to drop it, realize you've wasted enough time....realize that syndicate FOO/ELQUESO WILL be back...if not ALREADY here.....and there's NOTHING you can do about it except waste more time playing DetectiveX and going around in circles.
    so why did you post again if you want me to drop it, cos you keep coming back with a post worthy of a reply cos you are the main reason I'm here anyway cos of your comments in the 1st thread

in time it will be closed anyway cos it's so outta hand just cos I pointed out a guy who was banned (which I thought was permanent reading the forum rules) came back and this has upset so many people in me doing so

apologies to all offended cos I didnt realise how sensitive you were , but if the appropriate person could see it fit to change the AND in question to OR then this would make things so much easier for all cos a few people seem to be confused

23. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    so why did you bother posting yourself in the 1st place?
    I saw an opportunity for a flame war and thought, "What the hell, I don't feel like starting a format war tonight." Then I thought, "I could make up accusations against txpharoah and then demand he be yellow-carded," but he wasn't online at the time. But then, it occured to me that ElQueso2 may have broken a few laws with his post. So I thought, "I wonder why MackemX isn't hideously upset about being threatened like that." I mean, I'm the type who wouldn't leave it at just banning a member. Why settle for banning him when, for only a few extra bucks, you could have law enforcement follow up? Who'd be the last one laughing then?

already had my hand smacked
    I disagree. You got dawg'd!

gimme yet another break!
    Don't know if I can. I'm running out of ways to keep you strung out on this thread...
    lol , and your point is?? cos your posts are still meaningless cos you are just talking crap now just like the 1st one

obviously I've touched a nerve cos you keep coming back with more drivel

:P

24. Originally Posted by MackemX
    and your point is??
    There isn't one. I've been pulling your strings since I posted in this thread.

cos your posts are still meaningless cos you are just talking crap now just like the 1st one
    Meaningless to you, meaninful to some, hilarious to others.

obviously I've touched a nerve cos you keep coming back with more drivel
    Well it's either keep posting here or do housework. And I'd rather pull your strings than scoop shit out of the catbox.

in time it (thread) will be closed anyway
    Why? We haven't broken any forum fules, although maybe it deserves to get moved to Off-Topic at this point. What's the matter, are you running out of drive? :P

(EDIT: Spelling)

25. indolikaa is right...this thread has no cause to be closed...

Mackem....you are hard headed bro. Your wrong...you keep repeating yourself which is hard to believe..especially after you quote things which make you look even worse then you have already made yourself look.

To keep this concise.... "MAY" is the key word in that forum code. Say that to yourself 100 times BEFORE AND AFTER you try and hunt down the NEW ELQUESO. Then maybe ..just maybe it will sink in.

a few people seem to be confused
    Only person confused is you Mackem.

26. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    and your point is??
    There isn't one. I've been pulling your strings since I posted in this thread.

cos your posts are still meaningless cos you are just talking crap now just like the 1st one
    Meaningless to you, meaninful to some, hilarious to others.
    yeah okay, I really believe you, guess you got me . How could I be so stupid and actually realise you were supposedly taking the wee

I'm easy posting here at the mo cos I've got nothing better to do, just the same as you I guess :P

I've scoured DVDR forums but nothing is worth posting in, same goes for Off Topic so I guess I'll stick in this thread for now with you and defense

p.s. you really think deep down I actually do give a s*&% about this matter

27. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    indolikaa is right...this thread has no cause to be closed...

Mackem....you are hard headed bro. Your wrong...you keep repeating yourself which is hard to believe..especially after you quote things which make you look even worse then you have already made yourself look.

To keep this concise.... "MAY" is the key word in that forum code. Say that to yourself 100 times BEFORE AND AFTER you try and hunt down the NEW ELQUESO. Then maybe ..just maybe it will sink in.

a few people seem to be confused
    Only person confused is you Mackem.
    hmmmmmmm, can't think of anything to say at the moment so please pop back later as I may just edit this post

p.s. AND doesn't mean OR

28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let's all have a rum and coke,and have fun.We are all here looking for solutions and idea's about producing vcd's and dvd's etc.This website is as good as it get's. Donate afew buck's to keep this website going,and use the available links to access all you need. The moderators have better things to do than keeping an eye on juvenile posts.
    Get on with what we are all here for.
    Brad Miller
    bmiller,ont.canada

29. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    welcome to the most meaningless thread of the moment bmiller

another :edit: 2000 posts will take us to Number 1 spot

p.s. Nope still don't see it

30. Originally Posted by MackemX
    I guess I'll stick in this thread for now with you and defense
    Bring it on, Bee-otch! :P

Originally Posted by bmiller
    Let's all have a rum and coke,and have fun. We are all here looking for solutions and idea's about producing vcd's and dvd's, etc. This website is as good as it get's. Donate a few buck's to keep this website going, and use the available links to access all you need. The moderators have better things to do than keeping an eye on juvenile posts. Get on with what we are all here for.
    Brad Miller
    Uh, Brad, we need to talk.

1) I don't drink alcohol.
    2) Don't limit yourself to video. This is a great place to socialize.
    3) Yes, this website is the best (S)VCD/DVD site. And a good place to socialize.
    4) I donated two weeks ago. Ask Baldrick.
    5) I don't see any moderators here. Nor have I seen one in several hours.
    6) What are you here for, Brad?

This thread was created for MackemX to defend his position and for the rest of us to viciously attack his theories and ideas. Your posting serves neither purpose. Either get on the ElQueso2 bandwagon or start bashing someone.