VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place (mods: if it's not can you move it for me)....Basically what I want to do is put vcd's that I've downloaded onto a dvd-r disk so that I can play them in my dvd player to view on my tv. I've tried a guide with (S)VCD2DVDMPG but had no luck because it converted the original vcd mpg to mpg which I can't burn in nero because it says it only accepts file types of .IFO .VOB and .BUP.

The vcd files I want to put on dvd-r is: trailer01.mpg, trailer02.mpg, etc.
    The version I have of (S)VCD2DVDMPG is v1.1
    And I have nero to burn them.

I wasn't sure weather to choose MPG - PS or MPG -ES either.

Can some one help?

Thanks,

Arther.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what Templateprofile use the comvert in TMPGEnc, did you use a VCD or DVD.

as far as burning a DVD from anything that comes out of TMPGEnc, you need to use a DVD Author program like TMPGEnc DVD Author, DVDit PE 2.5, etc, you can use compile anywhere from 6 to 10 VCD discs onto a DVD-Video. There are several guides on here that can explain 'how in detail' to get serveral VCD into DVD-Video format, they key trick is the uadio from the VCD has to be resampled from 44.1k to 48K, after that you do not have to reencode the video, just have it demuxed.

if you have a DVD Author program that hamdles AC3 audio, i have gotten 8 hours of VCD quality video with AC3 audio. but if you program does not accept AC3 then you are limited to about 4 hours.

all i have used for this proccess is
    TMPGEnc to demux the video and the audio,
    TMPGEnc to resample the audio to 48k
    Goldwave to convert the MP2 to WAV
    SoftEncode to convert WAV to AC3
    DVDit PE 2.5 to compie everything into DVD-Video format
    and Nero to burn the VIDEO_TS folder

https://www.videohelp.com/vcddvdr.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Donate to crissyboy and receive the + version!!

This will do exactly what you are looking do do in a very painless way. it converts everything as well as authors for you allowing you to just copy the video_ts folder to nero as a data disc and then watch on your standalone dvd!!

this isn't an advertisement, its a testimonial!!

Enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  4. you can do it by hand what svcd2dvdmpeg+ does but it will take you about 8 hours of working on the computer to put 8 vcd eps on a dvd+r and i know cause i did it this way a few times.
    Quote Quote