VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. anyone that takes $15 DVD and takes 6-12 hours to back it up, well they have WAY to much time on their hands, if these where $100 DVD's I could see taking all this overnight encoding with CCE and the rest or even out of print DVD's but taking these long hours to backup something like Shrek, give me a break.
    Good point.

As for the response about it being a "hobby" means it's not a waste, well, that's pretty laughable if your hobby means wasting all that time just to backup your DVDs. Try getting a real hobby that presents new challenges instead of repeating the same steps everyday just to get another DVD copy each day.

I have a high quality calibrated HDTV and progressive scan DVD player with component connection, and I apparently have a pretty discerning eye regarding quality because I can clearly see the difference between the original and a CCE reencoded video using about 35% compression when using the methods such as Back / Robshot. I also can see the difference between the original and a DVDshrink (reauthor mode) with 35% compression. When comparing the CCE video to the DVDshrink extensively (both resulting in about the same bitrate), in some places, CCE looks better, and in some places, DVDshrink looks better. It makes it difficult to justify using CCE for any movie up to 35% or so compression when it can be doen so quickly with DVDshrink.

Note - I'm not saying I can't see a difference at 20%, 40%, or even 10%, but I'm using 35% here as an example because I did some exhaustive testing using that % of compression.

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    "Try getting a real hobby that presents new challenges instead of repeating the same steps everyday just to get another DVD copy each day."

Is it really up to you to decide what someone else's hobby is? Some people collect baseball cards, stamps, and other things. For Christ's sake, Bird Watching is a hobby. Now are you going to tell those people to get something more "challenging"??? Hobbies don't need to be challenging, merely something you enjoy while passing time. Sorry, but your post just seemed so arrogant to me because you really think you get to decide what is entertaining or "real" to someone else. I say "go fudge yourself" to that.

3. I agree with Gurm. You guys are all just dodging the point. This has nothing to do if its ok to talk about software you may not own. Its the fact that 99% of you pirated the software. Thats it. The only way I can see anyone owning $32,000 software is if they're in the business. If you buy it to back up your dvds, you are retarded. Thats not a flame, thats a fact.

I dont care either way. I bet most of the people here backup movies from blockbuster or whatever. Most of us are pirates, maybe even me! Just dont try to deny it. Thats my opinion.[/b]

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Murrdawg045
    I agree with Gurm. You guys are all just dodging the point. This has nothing to do if its ok to talk about software you may not own. Its the fact that 99% of you pirated the software. Thats it. The only way I can see anyone owning $32,000 software is if they're in the business. If you buy it to back up your dvds, you are retarded. Thats not a flame, thats a fact.

I dont care either way. I bet most of the people here backup movies from blockbuster or whatever. Most of us are pirates, maybe even me! Just dont try to deny it. Thats my opinion.[/b]

5. ok from what i have read this dosnt seem like the place to ask, but i will anyway i am using the big 3 for the first time and when i try use reauthorist it crashes when it tries to load the d2v file, and i cant post on doom9 for 5 days so i am asking anyone here if they can help, cos i am a complete newbie to this, so any help would be great

6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please try stick to topic next time. If you want to discuss something else create a NEW TOPIC.