VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How do you think this forum is moderated.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Just recently there seems to have been several occurances of threads which have turned into slanging matches between the protagonists. On occasion when the moderators have, or have not intervened, they have been accused of being unfair or biased.

I personally think that this forum has a great bunch of moderators, and Baldrick has made excellent decisions in choosing the moderators for his forum (well he did pick me after all ). But then I may well be biased

So, what do you think ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like the fact that the moderators let things go a little further than other forums. This site has very few flame wars if any, some people get a liitle bent but there is always an exchange of ideas behind it all compared to most forums.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the mods are an underappreciated bunch. I think they are human, so they are fallable - but I think they get it right more often than not.

besides, how would you like it if every time you went to work, a bunch of people chewed you out for doing something, then another bunch of people chewed you out for NOT doing something... and oh yeah, you work for free.

keep up the good work, guys.

(by the way, the check is in the mail... )
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i think the moderators are great. the accusations are done by stubborn people that has a set mindset and if they hear everyone else has a different opinion they demand that the moderators lock the topic and to issue warnings. if the moderators don't then they accuse you guys of being biased against them. you guys are great and are not afraid to talk back to those posters. great job guys.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the Mods do a great job dealing with some difficult people. I'm sure it must seem thankless at times so I'd like to change that;

THANK YOU!
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  6. The moderation of this forum is done in moderation. :P

Actually, I'm surprised at how lenient some of the moderators can be. There have been several entertaining threads that I thought would've been shut down immediately, but they were allowed to continue. Some of those format wars postings are hotter than a cheap whore on dollar night!

I do like the fact that mods let people who get attacked have their chance to respond, rather than just immediately locking a thread. For that reason more than any, I'd say the moderators are fair and balanced.

Except tgpo. He's way out of control.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    the only problem i have

is your tendency to let racial comments slide and or ignore them
    (i did talk to bluewolf2005 and i know his comments wasn't racial as he is mexican and was only playing, but jeexs comment was intentional)

and then some of these know-it-alls get on the forum with their stupid comments following the reported racial one and the war is on

u should lock that thread immediately (i'm not demanding that, i'm just suggesting that )

i tried to use reason and keep calm (i even tried to tell hectic to calm down and let it go)
    then somebody else would come up with another stupid response that i just couldn't overlook

then i would respond to it and then bam! it is wartime

and then some people wouldn't let it go

and then when it look supreme2k was about to finally let it go

Conquest10 come in with his stupid remarks and he had nothing to do with
    anything

but as soon as i retaliate

i get another warning (i deserved it though)

i was suggesting locking the thread because i know me
    when somebody says something smart towards me, i can't let it go (i've alway been like that) if these people saw me in person, i'd guarentee they wouldn't say these things

but my point is, some other people should have got warnings too

(Conquest10,supreme2k and especially jeexs)

tommyknocker probably doesn't deserve one as he was probably on our side but he just worded it wrong

talking about someone's race is a very sensitive subject

again, talking about someone's race is a very sensitive subject

and it have no place here at all

this is a forum about making movies

helping each other

not hating each other

i'm sorry

i'm not going to sit there and watch somebody practice bigotry on this forum

i been subjected to racism all of my life and i don't and won't stand for it

anybody needing help with something, anything with burning dvds

i am the first one there
    how many people have i solve problems for on this forum? hundreds
    but somebody had the nerve to call me undereducated

i been in the computer game for 2 years and i know more things about a computer than a lot of people who have been on computers for 20 years

p.s. i seen some people say some crazy things on here
    but since the are revered here, nothing get done

please call it fairly

u will probably have less people going off on this forum

anybody that have something negative to say about this

don't bother

i'm talking to the moderators, not u
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vance43211
    Conquest10 come in with his stupid remarks and he had nothing to do with
    anything
    what's your big obssession with me?

Originally Posted by vance43211
    but my point is, some other people should have got warnings too

(Conquest10,supreme2k and especially jeexs)
    what should i have been warned for? just give one example. that's all i ask for.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I did not start this poll so it could become another flame war, feel free to voice your opinions, but any personal abuse and I will issue warnings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is the only thing i ever said to you.
    Originally Posted by Conquest10
    oh please lock it. so vance43211 can start another one and beg for it to be locked too once he is put in his place.
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry craig.
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by indolikaa
    I do like the fact that mods let people who get attacked have their chance to respond, rather than just immediately locking a thread. For that reason more than any, I'd say the moderators are fair and balanced.
    Did I not truthspeak?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    I'd say the moderators are fair and balanced.
    that reminds me, what happened to your old avatar?
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
  14. Which one? There have been so many...

Like my women.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your fox series.
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After some long winded comments I will also say, I hate the fact a warning system had to be applied. Having that said, I think the MODS have acted with valor and on the side of reason and honor. They have even let things go because they were involved in the thread. They knowingly let another MOD take up arms and act properly. I have seen threads where people acted like small children and not Men of reason at all. Some have said things that caused me to take notice and wonder about their Manhood [not in a good way]. I will not name anyone by name.
    I am a Choctaw American Indian and a very old wise man told me many years ago [ruffly translated] God is always listening, so never say anything that your Mother or Father would not be proud of hearing and you will live a good life. My user-name was given to me in a off handed way by this same wise tribesman that would not translate well so I will not even try. But everyone remember to be a MAN holds many challenges and we are all being judged in ways some do not see, even in an anonymous forum environment such as this.
    (;-{> Dd

I am sorry for the length of my comments, I should have said it better.
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  17. I my self do not have a problem with the moderater's at all. I think this site is doing a great job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Doggiedaddy
    <snip> .......way by this same wise tribesman that would not translate well so I will not even try. But everyone remember to be a MAN holds many challenges and we are all being judged in ways some do not see, even in an anonymous forum environment such as this.
    (;-{> Dd

very nicely put - thank you ..

and just for anyone out there -- "Man" in this context means MANKIND , not gender (least we get into that "discussion")
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hey Gumby!

The FOX All-Stars are down, but only temporarily.

Originally Posted by Doggiedaddy
    I think you said it just fine. No apology necessary IMHO.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Even though I do not post a lot, I do visit this website almost everyday and I think The moderators do a good job but, lately it seems like they’ve had to be more active issuing warnings and closing down threads.
    As of late I can only compare their job to what I go through everyday at home with my 3 year old boy and 6 old girl I Can’t turn my back on them because they start fighting, and whining, so Moderators I feel for you guys… Keep up the good work.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Despite being flamed on the odd occasion, which I might add, if done well, can be quite amusing, I feel the moderating is first class....of course, the moment I feel like ive been hard done by, I may well whinge and bitch about the moderating.........but, as the Conan saga states.....that is a story for another time.

Bottom line is, as long as the thread doesnt go "overboard"(how do u define overboard- ends in tears?), and room is left for protagonists to retract statements (this actually does occur here) then the moderators should be commended
    The only difference between right and wrong is gender........
    Quote Quote  
  22. I think you moderators do a good job overall,thanks for not yellow carding me.
    adam once wrote "basically a moderator is a cyber janitor" and what messy job it is,keep up the good work.

BTW...tgpo is still a facist bully boy!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think that all the mods here do a really good job( in putting up with me for example).
    Quote Quote  
  24. "basically a moderator is a cyber janitor"
    Hmm.. thats a good one. I might change my text underneath my name to that.

Anywho (and yes I meant to spell it who ), good to know that for the most part we are appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To you all,

I don't think you should even be asking this.

Mods are not democratically elected. It is not a popularity contest.

You are appointed as Baldrick's eyes and ears, as one man couldn't do the job himself.

You are supposed to have an idea of what he considers acceptable, as per the AUP, and, if there is an infraction, you're supposed to crack down, as he would, had he been the first to read it.

I'm fairly certain that when he did grant you the "Blue Text", he knew enough about your attitudes to think you would be good Mods. So far, he hasn't been wrong in his choices, as evidenced by the plurality here who feel you are doing a good job.

Add my vote. You guys seem to bend over backwards to allow a thread to run its course, only stepping in when it becomes way too personal, as well as joining in with some quite knowledgeable interjections of your own.

Keep up the way you have, and no-one should have any complaints.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOVE the mods. I feel they are overly fair in many cases and underappreciated in all cases. Tolerating the rantings of hostile and juvenile word-slingers who cry "free speech!" in an area that is very public and has never once been declared democratic can't be easy.

I think everyone should remember that the board is more of a monarchy than a democracy. Just because Baldrick and the mods give us a LOT of latitude doesn't give us the right to say anything we want and then complain when we're given a warning.

Some people go out of their way to stir up trouble and they're still around. I'd have axed them long ago. I admire their restraint. The mods are more than fair... and I'll flame anyone who disagrees with me!!!

Nitemare
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most are great, although lately I've felt there does appear to be a race to who can issue the first yellow card.
    The introduction of these cards has, in my opinion, increased the level of warnings.
    I'm not saying they're not deserved, I don't see the majority of cards that are given but it would appear to me the moderator's are too quick to issue cards rather than simply issue a warning and close down the thread.
    Just my opinion, it's only an observation based on the leniency I've noticed in my time here
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick is the homeowner here, and the mods are his family.

If you came into my house and did something stupid, my wife and the kids are more than welcome to warn you ("watch your mouth", "don't put your feet there", "don't touch that", "don't grab my ass", etc.). And if it's bad enough, even throw you out onto the front porch and lock the door. I have faith that my family can do a good job.

Baldrick and his mods are the same.

They do a great job. The end.

The people whining (what the heck is "whinging" anyway?) are probably people that ALWAYS whine anyway. All mouth and no common sense. "If you don't like the rules, you can leave." Ever had your parents say that when you lived in their home? It's true here too. Another site is only a click away.
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by txpharoah
    what the heck is "whinging" anyway?
    You Americans are missing out on a truly great word. I'm sure my fellow Australians (and apparently the British too) will agree to that.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My family(=mods) are doing a great job! Thanks! (Everyone that vote that they are not great will be banned and forwarded to www.dvdhelp.us ...)
    Quote Quote