VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How do you think this forum is moderated.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    TGPO is a facist bully boy
    Wait, it thought TGPO was the DVD Fairy. How do you get a Facist Fairy?
    I wear many faces around here. Right now I have my Will Hay face on. :P

And that sure is a sweet face my friend
    W.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WoW this topic is back on top.

As long as the mods listen to each other and work within the guidelines provided to them, it should work fine. I'm sure that extreme behaviour by a mod would be quickly and privately handled.

Most people who feel wronged have difficulty accepting it quietly but some will complain publicly while others would choose to contact you privately.

Is there a mod "group" msg account where a person can contact all the mods (and Baldrick) privately without having to send the msg to all individually? This may encourage members who need to express their feelings to address issues privately instead of the open forum. Some may feel that a particular mod is not sentitive to their concerns but an answer provided by a quorum of the mod group would carry much weight in settling issues and concerns.

The very nature of the subject question posed, leads me to believe at least one or more mods are unsure of how they and their decisions are perceived by the membership at large.

This sure is a sign that the site has become a real community when concern about how people perceive official actions becomes so important. This is another reason why DVDRhelp is such a great place to come and spend some pleasant time.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gll99
    Is there a mod "group" msg account where a person can contact all the mods (and Baldrick) privately without having to send the msg to all individually? This may encourage members who need to express their feelings to address issues privately instead of the open forum. Some may feel that a particular mod is not sentitive to their concerns but an answer provided by a quorum of the mod group would carry much weight in settling issues and concerns.
    Unfortunately I don't belive there is.
    There seeems to be some private 'little room' going on which only moderator's can access. Craig Tucker has mentioned it in the past insofar as they use it to discuss specific problems with specific users but this seems a little creepy to me and your idea of contacting all mods at once seems, to me at least, to be an excellent idea.
    Many disgruntled member's seem to make additional posts when they get either locked or carded and the only reason I can see for this is they feel suitable agrevied that they weren't treat fairly and seek opinion from the 'main'.
    Having an opinion from all moderator's would certainly go some way to solving this issue but it means more work for the moderators, although you'd think, from the posts some make, these moderator's were swamped with dvdrhelp.com activity, far too busy and didn't like the job anyway
    Will

....(Excellent post BTW)
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

At over three pages, I would not consider this moderate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They are the best. Possibly once or twice too easily impressed by whining fundamentalist sizzys, but on the whole they do a great job at keeping this site one of the best there is.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Will Hay
    There seeems to be some private 'little room' going on which only moderator's can access... they use it to discuss specific problems with specific users but this seems a little creepy to me
    Not anymore. We did that before the warning system because it was the only way to keep tabs on repeated violators, and this was only one thread of many. We just use the private forum for internal suggestions, to clarify our own rules by analyzing them as a group, and to make judgement calls on ambiguous posts (ie: do you all think this post constitutes a request for warez?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    ..........Possibly once or twice too easily impressed by whining fundamentalist sizzys

I'd love to hear you expand on this!
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think DVDRHelp will be much better off if I refrained from doing so... (But now that you mention it - it's been quite some time since I last "heard" from him... )

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    I think DVDRHelp will be much better off if I refrained from doing so... (But now that you mention it - it's been quite some time since I last "heard" from him... )

/Mats

okay, but you do know that by doing so I can now refer to you as a spineless, oppressed sissy?
    Anyway, you taken a break from the site recently?
    I've only just seen your posts come up again recently
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  10. the moderators are wonderful.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're on my list of people who are authorized to call me names - Be my guest!
    Yeah, been on vacation from early July til middle of August, trying to stay as clear of computers as possible during this period. Now, I'm back at work and use DVDRHelp to clear my brain when stuck in some stubborn piece of code. Which is not that infrequent...
    My replies may not be that many as they used to, since it's more and more DVD related, and I have no experience with converting to/creating DVD (yet ). And after reading the umpteenth "Why is my movie out of sync?" in a row, the joy of helping noobs out, starts to wear off, i guess...

/Mats
    Quote Quote