VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I can see a few people in the past have had similar problems to me, but none of the suggestions given to them resolve my problem.

Basically I'm having difficulty playing VCD .dat files. If I try to use WMP, Creative Playcentre or several of the VCD player progs out there I get the message "no combination of filters could be found to render the stream".

I can play it fine using STHSDVD, and if I rename them to .mpg I can play them using quicktime albeit with occasional glitching. I'm just getting a little infuriated because these other programmes *should* play it.

Anyway, I'm using Windows ME with WMP7, I'm guessing its a codec problem but I cant find a mpeg-1 codec anywhere because everywhere I look seems to say its included as standard.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Darren
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's jumpy, it might be your CPU/RAM. I can play vcd .dat files no problem whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-08 13:53:13, Braindrain wrote:
    If it's jumpy, it might be your CPU/RAM. I can play vcd .dat files no problem whatsoever.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not jumpy it simply wont play at all on MWP and the others I mentioned, I simply get the error message I quoted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oops... thinking about another msg. Are you sure it's not MPG2? STHSVCD can play MPG1/2 but WMP can't play MPG2.
    Quote Quote