VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well, my problem is the following:

I want to use Power DvD (it's known that it's the best dvd player out there), but something weird happens. I choose any mpg, to play it there, and it puts a lot of bright. The image is almost white, I went to the advanced option to put down the brightness, but it's not the same, I don't think that the problem is there. I close the program, and try to play it with any other program, now it looks the same as it did with Power DvD, the only way it looks normal again is using this XP feature to go back to the configuration of other days before. My question is: "what the heck?!"

Anyone has a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have two codecs who are not playing nice with each other. This happens to me with a hardward MPEG decoder and PowerDVD (or any player). A lot of times, the last codec installed will have dominance, so try reloading PowerDVD again (this works for me, bue I use W2K).
    Quote Quote  
  3. doesn't work..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by axlrose_7
    I want to use Power DvD (it's known that it's the best dvd player out there)
    PowerDVD only uses Cyberlink Codecs in it player, others on the system are left in the cold. So I'm not sure what's wrong. XP is bad with video for one, but not sure what else to tell you.
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote