VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 42 of 42
Thread
  1. Can i put vcd on a dvd-r and play them in my dvd player? If so what program should i use?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Laredo,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sammer7686
    Can i put vcd on a dvd-r and play them in my dvd player? If so what program should i use?
    @reply-yes you can. use (s)vcd2dvdmpg @reply_answered
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks so should i use tmpg to convert my avi files to mpeg1? will that work on dvd-r? and than use svcd2dvdmpg to burn? is this correct? if not maybe u could explain it to me thanks.
    Originally Posted by Cecilio
    Originally Posted by Sammer7686
    Can i put vcd on a dvd-r and play them in my dvd player? If so what program should i use?
    @reply-yes you can. use (s)vcd2dvdmpg @reply_answered
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Laredo,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    @reply_for(Sammer7668) yes you could use TMPGEnc to convert to vcd, and are you just going to convert and burn them on a dvd-r or on a cd-r. if your going to burn it on a dvd-r, then use the illegal vcd template, and then go to the audio tab, and then change the frequency to 48000 instead of 44100 khz. ok and if your making it on a cd-r do it as it is. ok now (s)vcd2dvdmpg is a program that authors your dvd, like you put your vcd in and it patches it so that the dvd player thinks its like a cvd or dvd instead of a vcd. (s)vcd2dvdmpg prepares your dvd folders and everything, so you can just burn the VIDEO_TS folder and The AUDIO_TS folder usign Record Now Max or Nero. @reply_answered
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  
  5. What should the average bit rate be if i'm converting avi to mpeg 2 for a dvd-r using tmpg?
    Quote Quote  
  6. What program should i use after i've converted all my files to mpeg2? Will nero work? if not what should i use? thanks
    Originally Posted by Cecilio
    @reply_for(Sammer7668) yes you could use TMPGEnc to convert to vcd, and are you just going to convert and burn them on a dvd-r or on a cd-r. if your going to burn it on a dvd-r, then use the illegal vcd template, and then go to the audio tab, and then change the frequency to 48000 instead of 44100 khz. ok and if your making it on a cd-r do it as it is. ok now (s)vcd2dvdmpg is a program that authors your dvd, like you put your vcd in and it patches it so that the dvd player thinks its like a cvd or dvd instead of a vcd. (s)vcd2dvdmpg prepares your dvd folders and everything, so you can just burn the VIDEO_TS folder and The AUDIO_TS folder usign Record Now Max or Nero. @reply_answered
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Laredo,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sammer7686
    What should the average bit rate be if i'm converting avi to mpeg 2 for a dvd-r using tmpg?
    @reply, well it depends, do you wanna do cvd, svcd, or dvd?
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  
  8. i used tmpg and chose mpeg2 and would like to play it on a dvd player, and burn it on a dvd-r. Also what program should i use after i've converted all my files to mpeg2? Will nero work? if not what should i use? thanks
    Originally Posted by Cecilio
    Originally Posted by Sammer7686
    What should the average bit rate be if i'm converting avi to mpeg 2 for a dvd-r using tmpg?
    @reply, well it depends, do you wanna do cvd, svcd, or dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Search Comp PM
    I was reading somewhere that if you're using CCE version higher than 2.50 (like 2.67) you have to select SAFE MODE. But from what I've read safe mode really extends the time of the encode... is there like a factor... ie is it going to increase my encode time by 2x ?


    Or would I just be better off finding a version of CCE 2.5, and installing that instead so I don't have to use safe mode...

    Up until now I've just been using TMPGENC CQ encoding, but it's really hit or miss, and requires atleast a couple of encodes to get the file size right...but I'm interested in CCE because I've heard that it's faster, and that the 3 pass VBR is really good...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I am a super newbie first of all.I have a trianing DvD that I would like to put on 3 SVCDs.Can I breakup the video into 3 seperate parts with dvdshink and then can I use the prosess that your were using?


    Thanks

    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hey, i'm a newbie and i'm trying to back up my anime collectiion. It's got various episodes on each disk. How can i rip and encode only certain episodes onto each disc or is that even possible? I want to keep the svcd formatting because it looks the best afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Laredo,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fzf5bl
    I am a super newbie first of all.I have a trianing DvD that I would like to put on 3 SVCDs.Can I breakup the video into 3 seperate parts with dvdshink and then can I use the prosess that your were using?


    Thanks

    Chris
    well i really dont see a point in what you want to do, because when you set the bitrate in the bitrate tab, the program automatically splits the movie into the amount of cds you want. lets say your training video last 130 minutes and you want to put it on 3 cds, well you do this put about 43 minutes of video per cd and doing so you will have room for using avg bitrate of 2300 for video and 192k for audio. but if you want to go through a longer process in splitting the video using dvd shrink then go ahead.
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads