VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hello,

Recently I edited together 2 captured MPEG2 files using Vegas 4.0. When I try and create output files using MovieFactory 2, I get the following error right at about the time the files would have been edited together (90% or so through processing):

Failed to convert video file
    Error: 80041c21

Does anyone know why I'd get that where the files were edited together?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you trying to create an Image file with MF2? Becuase Vegas 4.0 should have already created a single video file for you. Are both of the edited together mpeg2 files of the same bitrate and resolution? Does it play properly in the MF2 preview?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Well actually, to start with, I was trying to burn it to DVD. But I got that error message, so I tried creating an image file. Same error.

The movie plays flawlessly in MF2's preview window -- even up to and past the edited point.

I think the video was captured in variable bit rate -- does that matter?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Anyone got any ideas here?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I would suggest that you create a very short video using the built-in encoder - and then try to burn it to DVD.

If that works, then it's likely the Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 program installation was successful.

It would also suggest something about the encoding parameters in the Sonic software is in need of adjustment.

Jerry Jones
    http://www.jonesgroup.net
    Quote Quote