VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new at this, so this should be an easy question. I have recently ripped a DVD onto my hard drive, and the movie itself is on 4 seperate VOB files. What I want is to join these 4 files into one long VOB file. I have VOBEdit, but I dont know how to use it. Could somene walk me thru the steps? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why would you want to make 1 big VOB ? (just to save you some unnessessary work)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Because I want to convert it to an AVI (which i will do after i have one big file) and put it on Kazaa. And I dont want it to be in multiple files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well first if it is a commercial dvd that is not legal (last guy who tried that with the "HULK" is going to be behind bars for a while) ...

and against forum rules for even suggesting it ..

and second -- to convert from dvd to (DiVX ,XVID, DV , whatever) you dont have to combine the VOB's ...

see guides on the left ..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, I'm sure that I'm now the SECOND person to do something like this...But still, I apologize for breaking the forum rules.

And I think I'm getting it figured out anyway.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If your goal is to backup a DVD to DivX and you're a newbie (no insult btw) you might want to look at a package like gordian knot at:

http://www.doom9.org

there are LOTS of guides for this package and it has it's own disucssion fourm.
    Quote Quote  
  7. try VOBMerge 2
    Quote Quote  
  8. There's a reason they're a set size...Would have thought some of you woulda known why...
    Only G O D can judge me.
    Quote Quote