VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well I need to restock as my supply od TDK 2x are dwindling. I am limited to 2x burning speed on my LG GMA-4020B so my first choice is to get Ritek03's. Sadly every online store is back-ordered on these (bastages...).

Recently I had a bad batch of gold top optodiscs ($0.80/disk which had worked well for me in the past) and fortunately rima.com is allowing me to RMA the unused and failed burns disks. Given that DVD burning is time consuming at 1x or even 2x (anybody else hate waiting 30min-1hr just to find out you made a DVD that skips in the middle or end!! ), this time I want invest in quality media at a reasonable bulk price. I am leaning towards the Ritek04's 4x rated which are selling for roughly $1.70-$1.80 online. I just can't seem to find any reputable brand for 2x that is any cheaper. Anyone else have some alternative suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Order a small pack of Rima's 4x Ritek, and the 4x Optodisc. The 4x sample pack will give you 2 each of Ritek, Optodisc, DupEz, and Princo.

If don't mind going a little higher, try the Taiyo Yuden's, same quality as TDK, plus a little cheaper.

At Meritline you've got the Prime 4x for $1.35 or so each. Here's some info on the Prime's.
    http://forum.meritline.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=317
    Quote Quote  
  3. disturbed1, thanks for the tip.

Interesting, meritline.com sells the ritek04's for substantially lower prices than rima.com or supermediastore.com.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Meritline and Rima usually go back and forth with the better prices.

One week it's Meritline, next week it'll be Rima.

Usually it's only $5 or so, but that Ritek 4x price is cheap 8)
    Quote Quote