VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using windows ME with the FAT32 filesize limit- so I can only get aroung 4Gb of capture in one file. I use Ulead VS5 to capture, but I want to see if TMPGenc will do a better job of rendering the footage. Is there a way of getting TMPGenc to do several files automatically, one after the other, rather than having to do each file seperately, with the risk of making the finished product jumpy at each join etc. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hoyboy
    I am using windows ME with the FAT32 filesize limit- so I can only get aroung 4Gb of capture in one file. I use Ulead VS5 to capture, but I want to see if TMPGenc will do a better job of rendering the footage. Is there a way of getting TMPGenc to do several files automatically, one after the other, rather than having to do each file seperately, with the risk of making the finished product jumpy at each join etc. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    When I first started playing around with creating DVD videos it become rather obvious to me that I needed to be able to handle files over 4GB so in my case I simply upgraded from Win98SE to WinXP Pro. My computer is not very fast so I thought it (the upgrade to WinXP Pro) would slow down my computer but it actually made it faster and more stable. For instance very high bitrate DivX files would have some slight stuttering playback in Win98SE but that went away with WinXP.

I know this is NOT the answer you were wanting but doing the upgrade to get NTFS file system is a real "must" in my book. In the end it will make your life oh-so-much easier. Please note that I was able to convert my existing two hard drives from FAT32 to NTFS with no problems what-so-ever. No data loss or nothing. It was really rather painless ... other than the cost of WinXP Pro hehehe

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been considering going to XP or win2k, I suppose if there is no way around this problem then I will have to take that step sooner or later . Thank you for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been considering going to XP or win2k, I suppose if there is no way around this problem then I will have to take that step sooner or later . Thank you for the reply.
    by all means, make the jump to WinXP. You will be glad you did.

Also, if you want an inexpensive way around the 2/4GB limit, check out AVI_IO. It can be found in the tool section on the left.
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed that you ask if you can do batch processing with TMPGEnc. Which tells me you have not mest with TMPGEnc. The answer to your question is yes. On the last step of the project wizard [5/5] it ask you if you would like to start encoding immediately or Create another project(s) for batch encoding. You select Create another Project and the project wizard starts again for a different project. If you select Start Encoding then it will encode all the batch projects or the single project that you have start.
    If you added two or three files to the batch encode and on the last file you want to wait to encode for a later time you can press Create Another Project(s) for batch encoding and when it bring the wizard back up press cancel. When you are ready to start the encoding File/Batch Encode or Ctrl-B then press run.

decrepidloser

(yes that is a D. I can't spell )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by decrepidloser
    I noticed that you ask if you can do batch processing with TMPGEnc. Which tells me you have not mest with TMPGEnc. The answer to your question is yes. On the last step of the project wizard [5/5] it ask you if you would like to start encoding immediately or Create another project(s) for batch encoding. You select Create another Project and the project wizard starts again for a different project. If you select Start Encoding then it will encode all the batch projects or the single project that you have start.
    If you added two or three files to the batch encode and on the last file you want to wait to encode for a later time you can press Create Another Project(s) for batch encoding and when it bring the wizard back up press cancel. When you are ready to start the encoding File/Batch Encode or Ctrl-B then press run.
    Nice point BUT that really doesn't help at all when it comes to the 4GB limit problem.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    Nice point BUT that really doesn't help at all when it comes to the 4GB limit problem.
    I am sorry. I am lost on what your asking. I thought that you meant you have multiple 4GB files and would like to encode each one in the same batch one after another.

dl
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Decrepid, that is what I asked about originally. Thank you for pointing it out so clearly, the 4b file limit is a problem but I will have to wait until I build my new system before I update to XP as I have checked the price of updating just the O.S. and it is just incredible.
    Quote Quote