VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all
    i have a problem,like from topic,with the conversion of anime from divx to svcd or vcd.I'm operating with tmpgenc and it's all right,but when the anime movie show a panoramic situation,where the video move slowly from left to right or from right to left,here it's a problem becouse the video goes for many frame good but at a moment go back for a frame like a sort of ripetition of immage. 3-4 frame-> 1fr<-,3-4 frame-> 1fr<-...etc
    someone knows what's happening,thanks for all an sorry for the english
    Quote Quote  
  2. What Program are you using? Are you doing any framerate conversions?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i use tmpgenc(tsunami mpeg enc)end for anime I use thi framerate= 29.97
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what's the framerate of your source?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The source is probably 23.976fps. I do alot of anime.
    Open the source in GSpot. Note the source frame rate.
    If the source is 29.97fps, Run this AVISynth Script with the decomb package :

Telecide().Decimate(5)

If your source is 23.976fps, just load it into TMPGEnc. Choose the framerate as 23.976fps, and it the advanced menu or whatever, make sure that "Do not do Framerate convertion" is checked.

If your source is 25fps and purly interlaced, Deinterlace by throwing away half the fields, not blending. Unless it was originaly 23.976 telcined to 29.97fps, in which you use the same "Telecide.Decimate(5)" then add "assumefps(23.976)".
    Then load into TMPGEnc and encode as 23.976fps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Also if your source is purly interlaced 29.97fps, deinterlace by throwing away half the fields, not by blending.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thank you for all the answeres,the framerate of this avi is 24.99fps(gspot says this),and if it's right a have only to put this framerate on my tmpgenc framerate source.is it ok??(obviusly 24.99 become 25fps right???)
    sorry but i don't know if is it interlced,but i think it's progressive becouse is a dvdrip
    so what i have to do with this anime (progressive of 25 fps)?
    thank's a lot divxexpert
    Quote Quote  
  8. divxexpert i had leave to you a private message,read it pleas!!!
    becouse i don't know why i have to use avisynth to change framerate and not another simple program,and i don't know the language of avysinth to change framerate
    i use avisynt editor and in decomb i write"Telecide.Decimate""assume fps(23.976)"("c:\avifile.avi")
    but when i put it in tmpgenc,my tmpgenc can't find the audio in the audio folder.why?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Since your source is 25fps progressive, use "assumefps(23.976)" in avisynth. You don't use TMPGEnc to do your framerate convertions, becuase of the jerkyness that you get.

load the .avi into virtualdub,
    Audio > Full Processing Mode
    Audio > Conversion > 44100Hz
    Audio > Compressions > No Compression
    File > Save WAV

Open the .wav in BeSweet
    Choose MP2 output.
    Change the audio framerate from 25 to 23.976 (there is a preset for this).
    Audio needs to be 224kbps.
    Save your .mp2

Now load the .avs (avisynth) into TMPGEnc, and then load the SVCDFilm Template.
    After that, load the unlock template, change the encode mode to Video Only ES.
    Press Start.
    When done you have a .mp2 and a .m2v

Load the .m2v into pulldown.exe, just add pulldown flags (needed to make it compliant).
    Save new .m2v

Open TMPGEnc
    File > MPEG Tools
    Simple Multiplex Tab
    Type : MPEG-2 Super VideoCD [VBR]
    Video input : the new .m2v
    Audio input : .mp2
    Output : Whatever.mpg

Press Run.

Now you have a NTSC SVCD compliant .mpg file, ready to be authored.
    I burn with VCDEasy.
    Quote Quote  
  10. And forget the Telecide Decimate Stuff.
    Quote Quote