VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm more than pleased with my CyberHomeADM512 but on joining VCD Help I've now located a BIOS up/downgrade for MultiRegion play. Is it really worth changing from Region2 only?
    I know some Region1 disks have more content but would I notice the somewhat inferior NTSC quality on playback?

Miklos
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you sure there is not a simple handset hack to make this machine multi-region?

If your TV is capable of displaying NTSC, then you will notive no difference ar all between PAL of NTSC discs.

If it is a PAL only set, then you wil get a jittery picture at best.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I to would recommend using the normal remote control hidden Hackmenu on your Cyberhome ADM512

HiddenMenue
    without DVD in drive - 7 - 6 - ENTER -
    DVD in drive - OPEN - SETUP - 7 - 6 - ENTER

Region Code Free at COUNTRY CODE enter the number 13
    User Prohibitions off at OP PROH ON press 2x ENTER (= 0)
    To turn Macrovision OFF Macrovision is always off
    to finish setup press Button OPEN/CLOSE

More info including Firmware updates you can find at

http://www.cyberhome-help.de/main_english.php4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks both for the advice. I can get into the BIOS via the remote but there is no option to change the Region code or Macrovision.

I do have NTSC selection on my JVC TV and I note your comment that this should give as good
    as PAL playback for DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, it will give you excellent results..My old TV was PAL only, though it did play back the NTSC DVD's, the picture was a bit jerky, thanks to the different frame rates. I bought one of the 28" Schneider TV's from Asda (I didn't want to fork out big bucks when digital TV's will be coming down in price soon!!) and that has playback for NTSC, PAL and Secam and I can't tell any difference when I playback an NTSC film or a PAL one through it.I'm sure there will be a tchnophile somewhere who will tell me there is a difference, but I can't tell one.

One thing to remember, set your DVD to NTSC output, just in case it doesn't automatically select it.
    Quote Quote