VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    The title pretty much says it all. I've done a lot of searching here, but I can't find any straightforward explanation. If anyone has had any success burning a NTSC DVD from a PAL source, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    I'm the author and I apologize I didn't add a '?' to the title. As far as I can tell I can't edit it....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Da Guru
    I've converted a number of NTSC DVDs into Pal DVDs relatively easy using tmpgenc. Cannot see that the same workflow wouldn't work equally well in reverse.
    - Run DVD2AVI on the ripped movie to create a d2v-file.
    - Feed that into tmpgenc and adjust size and frame rate.
    - The sound usually gets a bit out of sync but a couple of tries using AC3Machine's delay setting and BeSweet usually takes care of that problem

Hope this helps!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Well I'm running Mac OS X so unfortunately that solution doesn't work for me. Thanks though.

Any 'X' users know how to successfully convert a backed up PAL DVD to NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    I've only been on this forum for 10 secs so not sure if a full response is warranted.

It can be done. Doing it well is hard and requires a bunch of tools and commercial progs.

If you can't find what you want anywhere else, drop me a note:
    obfuscated optusnet com au

(fill in the gaps )
    Quote Quote