VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made tens of DVD+R/RW without a single problem even with cheap DVD+R/RW media. However, the drive seems reluctant to burn when I put a DVD-R/RW into it though it can recognize the media without problem. I am using the Nero 5.5.10.35 software under WinXP/SP1.

The strangest thing is that it can burn with both +/- media when I run Nero in my Win98 partition.

Any idea? I even exchange one from my dealer but the same thing happen.

Quote Quote  
  2. Just a wild guess but perhaps it has something to do with ASPI layer so try down loading and installing "ForceASPI" from the tools section of this site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. the NEC 1300 don't like "cheap" DVD-R.. usually you will get an illegal medium error with praticly all cheap DVD-R, but not DVD+R..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Once again.............NEC drives are having problems

Why am I not surprised?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've Just purchased A NEC ND-1300A and have ordered some orange bulkpaq x4 dvd-r's, but reading the reviews it looks like these are not compatible for the machine. Has anyone successfully managed to copy these discs, or know of another alternative disc which is just as good value for money. If these discs are of no use then there is no point in opening them I shall just send them back to the supplier.
    Please Help Me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sammybo
    I've Just purchased A NEC ND-1300A and have ordered some orange bulkpaq x4 dvd-r's, but reading the reviews it looks like these are not compatible for the machine. Has anyone successfully managed to copy these discs, or know of another alternative disc which is just as good value for money. If these discs are of no use then there is no point in opening them I shall just send them back to the supplier.
    Please Help Me.
    maybe you should send back your NEc drive ?

kidding, Ritek disk "should" work
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vric
    the NEC 1300 don't like "cheap" DVD-R.. usually you will get an illegal medium error with praticly all cheap DVD-R, but not DVD+R..
    Please note that the same media (DVD-R/RW) burn flawlessly in my Win98 partition.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bob W
    Just a wild guess but perhaps it has something to do with ASPI layer so try down loading and installing "ForceASPI" from the tools section of this site.
    I've found that win95/98/ME use aspi communication while Win NT/2000/XP use SPTI by default. Since my drive operates normally in Win98, I presume that the drive has some problem in communicating with the WinXP OS using the SPTI mode.

I've installed the aspi from the adaptec website and unfortunately, the "forceaspi" tools could not help either.

Since I have scarcely any knowledge in ASPI or SPTI, would somebody there point me in the right track to solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have just purchased a NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A, and bought a spindle of the bulkpaq orange top, and they wont burn at all, it comes up with illegal medium, yet the dvd r and dvd rw disc, that came with the writer worked perfect, not a problem so the bulkpaq are not compatible with the nec dvd writer, so i will be taking them back to the supplier, i have been told that data write are the best dvd-r media to get.....
    SATAN
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi there,
    I had the same experience with wongalbert, everything I burn with DVD-R, Nero 5.5.10.35 said the disc could not be closed. However, this NEC burner works perfectly with DVD+R/RW. Anyone has any solution to this problem please? Or I was cheated by NEC that this ND-1300 only burns DVD+R/RW but not DVD-R/RW?
    Quote Quote  
  11. My Operating System is WinME and Ive installed my NEC ND1300A DVD Writer, It recognises the drive but it doesnt seem to recognise that it is a writer. Can someone please help me. Do I need to upgrade to WinXP
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sammybo
    My Operating System is WinME and Ive installed my NEC ND1300A DVD Writer, It recognises the drive but it doesnt seem to recognise that it is a writer. Can someone please help me. Do I need to upgrade to WinXP
    Thanks in advance
    My WinXP seldom/never recogized my drive. The most important thing is that your burning software (eg. Nero) recognise the writer and the media loaded.
    Quote Quote  
  13. After a tip from YoAnn I started working on support for currently unsupported discs

I added a number of media codes (by replacing certain "future media" like RITEKG08 etc).

This needed to be done in a special way and took me quite some time. I think everyone will be pleased with the results!

My LEADDATA01 started to work with this method, so possible others will work too!

Support for the following media codes has been added:

NANYA (@2x)
    LEADDATA01 (@4x)
    SKC Co Ltd. (@2x)
    LONGTEN TECH (@4x)
    GSC001 (@2x)
    UTJG01001 (@2x)
    " " (6 times space) (@4x)
    CMC MAG.AF01 (@4x)

Support for the following discs can be added also, but in that case I need to remove support for discs that are currently in the shops (LGE, OPTODISC, LD and TDKG010000d9 could be used for this ) In case you're interested, drop me a PM with the media code you would like to add and which one to replace and mailaddress, so I can make it for you!
    Possibly supported media (only on request)

INFOD K-R (@2x)
    DDD (@2x)
    PLASMON (@2x)
    EURODIG-DISC (@2x)

You can download the new version below:
    http://212.203.28.251/105x.rar

For more info about this project look at:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=14877&start=100
    Quote Quote  
  14. i think the nd1330a has a fault my drive wont burn DVD-R discs from Mirror bought in uk.
    Quote Quote