VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: The Animatrix...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I almost like these better than the Movies!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably rent them sometime soon. Saw the first 3. They were pretty good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    way better than #2

maybe they should stick to this format ... be cheaper
    Quote Quote  
  4. It was fun seeing what other artists views of what "The Matrix" is all about. I like the way some of the shorts tie in directly to the movie. Most of the shorts are the "back story" of The Matrix.
    I Am The Gargantuan
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'll most likely pick up the DVD this weekend. I'm an anime fan and a matrix fan so odds are I'll like it. I d/loaded the first three qt movies an thought they were only ok -to- so-so. However, since the DVD is going for like $15 I figure I might as well check it out. Hmm... maybe I'll rent first
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seen All of them on PPV.

They ROCK...

I especially like the first and second one and the one with the runner... and the Samurai one is great too..

The rest.... yuck..
    Quote Quote  
  7. i actually bought the Animatrix DVD when it came out in the UK on 02 June.

I think they all good animations but i particularly like the first one, Final flight of osiris. I also think that they should have all produce them by Computer Animation like final flight. Overall if your a matrix fan then you should purchase this DVD, and its got plenty of bonus footage as well, so you get what you paid for.

8 out of 10 (the other 2 lacking of animation)

kas187
    Quote Quote  
  8. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Was surprised to see it on sale so "early" in the UK (didn't think it'd be out for a month after reloaded opened at least) and grabbed it as an impulse purchase. Was slightly wary that it might be complete bobbins... but no. A couple of the episodes were a bit head-rattling, but... just.. so lovely.

The only really bad thing, apart from credits-but-not-quite static text screens pretending to be DVD extras, and the 5 minute creds for the entire disc tacked on the end of each episode to bump up the official running time? It was Matriculated feeling a bit like filler. Very good, acid and early 90s computer demo inspired filler, but indulgent and pointless all the same. :/

...reminds me... haven't tried out the DVDROM extras yet
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote