VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So, I just burned another test movie with the Pioneer fix.

And... big thumbs down.

The video is... better. It's on the screen at least, and it's smooth but JITTERY. Looks like the frames aren't interlacing correctly anymore or something. What should be a still picture sort of looks like it's wavering up and down. Yikes!

And ... my DV-525 (Pioneer) REFUSES to play the audio produced by SVCD2DVDMPG+ & BeSweet. AC3 just clicks and pops. MP2, on the other hand, plays... but breaks up. I get 2 second snippets of sound.

I'm wondering what my issue is here?

And the source movie in question looks and sounds fine as a SVCD.

Additionally, after applying the Pioneer fix... the DVD I created looks vertically squished in both PowerDVD and my PS2. I know that's not a great selection of reference players, but it's all I've got.

So the problems are threefold:

1. Jittery video.
    2. AC3 = AWFUL, MP2 = Pretty awful.
    3. Pioneer fixed video = BAD in non-pioneer units.

Help?

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The ac3 problem is a common problem, because the besweet ac3enc does not create fully compatible stereo dolby digital(ac3) audio files. If you want better ac3 compatibility you have to convert with another ac3encoder, like sonic foundry soft encode but it is no longer sold. I don't know any other standalone ac3 encoder, but some authoring tool have built-in ac3 encoders like dvdit pe, neodvd and ulead workshop ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. feeky1973
    baldrick

i have this same problem with be sweet, so i thought i would give soft encode a try.

but im not having much joy, i extract the audio from the avi using nandub so its saved as a wav file but when i try and open it in soft encode it doesnt like it saying it might be in compressed format

help

feekster

p.s. what is dvdit pe is it any good?
    Quote Quote