VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When you author with SVD2DVDMPG+ does it check the final size of what it creates to verify that it will fit on a 4.37GB DVD?

Here is where I am coming from on this:

1. I have 2 NTSC SVCD's that I want to put on one DVD. The size will be close to 5GB when authored.

2. I would like to use IC7 on the VIDEO_TS folder to reduce the size down after SVCD2DVDMPG+ is done. I don't know if IC7 will work on a SVCD formated DVD?

3. The next problem, I have a Pioneer and need the fix to be active also.

Any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It does no checking so in theory it should work. Try it. If there are issues I'll try to resolve them.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    I converted a svcd using svcd2dvdmpg+ and it was larger than a dvdr, so i tried to use dvd95copy and Instant copy and neither of them would work to shrink it to a usable size.
    i also tried to author it in tmpenc author prog and it wouldnt accept it as a usable format so i wasted 5 hours encoding time
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have used SVCD2DVD and its great !!

at SVCD res, with good pic quality i can fit around 3.2 hours worth on a DVD. i can fit around 8 good quality episodes of Doctor Who (dont ask ) on a DVD, and i must admit i am really impressed with this software. it resamples a 25min episode in around 4-5 mins !!

great little program !!

" Your gonna need a bigger boat .... "
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Originally Posted by Guest
    I converted a svcd using svcd2dvdmpg+ and it was larger than a dvdr, so i tried to use dvd95copy and Instant copy and neither of them would work to shrink it to a usable size.
    i also tried to author it in tmpenc author prog and it wouldnt accept it as a usable format so i wasted 5 hours encoding time
    Try DVDShrink. I've converted 5xSVCD and 2xVCD using SVCD2DVDMPG+, then authored using Maestro. The output was slightly too big for a DVD-R, so I ran it through DVD Shrink on the lowest compression setting. The disk shrank from 4.43GB to 4.31GB without any visible loss of quality. (The sources weren't fantastic to start with).

Final disk plays fine in PowerDVD and my Hitachi stand-alone.

Andy.
    Quote Quote