VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ronin2k3
    I been trying to convert some of my old SVCD's to DVD since I own a DVD+RW burner now. The problem comes when I try to convert a 3 CD movie-set. Everything seems to go just fine, only when SVCD2DVDMPG starts working on the 2nd part, my PC crashes and resets.

I checked HDD's and memory, thats all fine. What can this be???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Never seen this before. Is it just that 2nd CD? As a test have tried just doing the 2nd CD on its own? At what stage does this happen? What OS you running?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ronin2k3
    I am using Windows XP as OS, just been checking some more and it seems that my Creative Audigy 1394 is doing this. The PC crashed while converting the audio stream. After that, the PC also crashed while watching a WMV video file. I could hear the sound go all crackling and soon after (5 secs) my PC rebooted again.

The files are now converted by the way, using my PC @ work. I will reinstall Windows XP and Sound drivers and see what that does.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Cyberex
    The samething happens with my PC. It resets when I try to run DVDx to convert to AVI. Does anyone know if there is another freeware package that can convert a DVD to AVI (freeware of course)

Cybee :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cyberex: No. Try another forum here on DVDRHELP. This one is just SVCD2DVD/MPG
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote