VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could someone please tell me how to enable the fast ripping function. I have downloaded the appropriate firmware (DVR-105v1.30-RPC-1+2xDVD-R+12xRip) from dvd-recordable.org but the pioneer still rips aty 2x. I know that I have to enable ultra dma or something but do not know where to do it, in dos or the control panel.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you ripping a pressed DVD (retail) or a DVD-R, because even with the hacked firmware, it will only rip DVD-Rs at 2x.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Well, you shouldn't need to "rip" copied DVDs.
    2. The firmware hacks are not perfect. It may not work on your drive.
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  4. go to this site and get the firmware update and only double click on the batch file www.digitalpromo.co.uk/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by don1
    go to this site and get the firmware update and only double click on the batch file www.digitalpromo.co.uk/
    That's a hack. Only use official firmwares. Hacked ones have been known to mess up various functions of the drive.
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by txpharoah
    Originally Posted by don1
    go to this site and get the firmware update and only double click on the batch file www.digitalpromo.co.uk/
    That's a hack. Only use official firmwares. Hacked ones have been known to mess up various functions of the drive.
    OEM firmware for DVR-105 sucks. I have use 2x4all on all my 105 no probs.

Dd
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote