VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is it possible to do vcd still images w/ background music? i tried reading the user guides on this site but the thing w/ the panasonic program is really complicated. the fireburner guide seems easier but i don't have that program. any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you also read my guides at https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/151983.php ?
    These guides are using freeware tools

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You know, I tried your guide. Didn't realize MovieXOne looks so complicated. I don't know how to add the clip in, let alone editing it in the program with so many options. So I gave up on your guide before the TMPGEnc explanation. If you don't mind enhancing that guide, that would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the case that you are not automatically after the start of MovieXOne in the windows for a new animation you have to choose File->New->Animation to get into the first window of my description. Then you should follow until item 10 the description. Afterwards you see on the top left side a browser window were you can select image files and audio files. You should select the image files which you want to add and you should move these files per drag and drop to the Video track of the Timeline window in the lower part of your screen. Then you should move the audio-files from the browser window to the Audio track of the Timeline window. It is really easy to use and you should not be disturbed by all the other option which MovieXOne offers. When you are ready with your clip then you should open Render->Render Setup and follow my guide with item 11.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by coenocyte
    is it possible to do vcd still images w/ background music? i tried reading the user guides on this site but the thing w/ the panasonic program is really complicated. the fireburner guide seems easier but i don't have that program. any other suggestions?
    cut a 5-10 second clip of audio.wav
    the still picture with paint or what ever.jpg
    open tmpg
    load video .. your pic
    load audio .. .wav
    set to vcd or svcd as normal
    click start (take about 10 seconds)
    you will get a mpg compliant menu with audio

just add the file to your vcdeasy tab before your video and loop the menu in interactive tab

i just use 5-6 seconds and loop the menu under vcdeasys interactive tab
    this works well for svcd menus as vcdeasy and tscv wont touch them normally

you could go longer on the audio time if you want, a 10 second clip will usally take up about 4-5 mb on svcd, so plan this for your encode to leave some room for the menu(s)
    i usally do about 4 chapter pics per menu and just type in the chapter and instructions with paint or mgi studios,
    and then have a set one with general background and please insert cd2 at the end of the cds.

i sometime add a small clip of the the title opening to play first just before it goes to menu saying press 1 to play or 2 for chapter sequence
    looks good and adds a little to the presentations
    Quote Quote