VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey,
    i encoded a svcd with sefy's template for sxvcd (baasically his template for svcd) the file was a little too big to fit on one cd, soi wantto cut the end of the movie off a bit.
    now, when i go into tmpgenc 12h i go to mpeg tools, i go to merge/cut add the file as a svcd and sava my output file.
    when i go to edit the file to cut it, it wot show the video!
    so i cant tell where to cut it. and even if i wantd to so by time, the [ and ] wont even higlight!
    all i can do is hit play or pause, and the forward and
    rewind buttons. i also tried downloading tmpgenc 12f and it didnt help as i had the same problems
    please can anyone help?
    thanks-
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    There is a way to do it with tmpgenc but an easier
    way is to use a proggy called avi2mpg2 which is
    quite easy to use. firstly demux your mpg movie file
    with tmpgenc, load avi2mpg2 and set it up to cut the
    file into how many cd's you want ie 730 mb the file will be split into 3 to fit 650 cd 74 (mins) or 790 it will split the file for 700 mb cd's (80min)

if you cant understand this waffle, then go to dvdrip.ws
    and go to cutting svcd's you will get a full explanation there, if you want I can email you the instructions
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As you said you couldn't see the clip you wanted to cut in TMPGEnc Mpeg Tools merge/cut. If this happens (screen greyish) then your mpeg stream is somehow corrupted. Try downloading from the tools section of this website the mpeg corrector and run the mpeg file through there. After that try again with TMPGEnc. Another thing that may work is that you run the whole file through the "merge/cut" process without any start and end markers. Don't forget however to determine your output type at the top.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for the quick reply
    i dont understand how my file could be corrupted, asi did it exactly as the guide here said to.
    i went ahead and re-encoded it but left some off the end.
    this made the file about 785 mb.
    now nero wont burn it at all. i was able to burn vcds in nero fine, now it just gives me a scsi/cd error and says that burn process failed at any speed i try, before the burn can even start. maybe i should upgrade my version of nero? i cant understand this. why are svcds more of a hassle when vcds worked out fine?
    i cant even get ez cd creator 5 platnum to burn a data cd
    it just freezes up.
    any advice would help me out!!!
    thanks-
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're running EZ CD Creator and Nero on the same system, then that's your problem. Choose one burning program and stay with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aldus4 on 2001-07-07 15:58:23 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok
    but could you explain why?
    i just use ezcd for mp3s but i can live without it.
    is nero just picky?

thanks again-
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's actually EZ CD Creator that's fussy, or let's call it egoistic and the reason has to do with the ASPI drivers. There is a program you can download from the nero.com website that at the bootup of your system, you can decide what to install - I personally couldn't get this program to work for me - you might be luckier?

Regarding your mp3's - you could of course get the mp3 plugin for Nero - but of course it cost's money. Or you get free software to convert your mp3's into wav's before taking them into Nero.

Alternatively you could of course keep EZ CD Creator

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aldus4 on 2001-07-07 16:15:22 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  8. ok i uninstalled ezcd creator and tried again.
    still i get the errors.
    they are in this order
    scsi/ide error
    invalid writestate
    could not perform end track
    current program area is empty
    could not perform fixation.
    =P man i dont get it.
    maybe ill have to reinstall the newest version of nero?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just uninstalling EZ Creator will not help. You have to reinstall Nero. What version are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  10. 5.0.3.1
    i will reinstall it now.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK - tell me how it goes
    Quote Quote  
  12. http://www.nero.com/mpeg2time.htm
    why would it say that when scvd is already an option??????
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The MPEG2 plugin for Nero is for those who don't use other software to convert their avi's, mpeg's etc. to the SVCD specifications. I wouldn't worry about this!
    Quote Quote  
  14. well im just gonna upgrade to 5.5 and hope for the best
    i dont know what else to do.
    and nero is all that will burn svcds so i guess im screwed if it doesnt work.
    Quote Quote  
  15. that did it!
    i upgraded to 5.5
    and all is well, i reccomend 5.5
    as it has some cool features.
    thanks for the help guys-
    Quote Quote