VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I have ripped about a 100 or more DVD's so far and have never encountered this error yet. I rip the vob's with smart ripper, then go to extract my audio with dvd2avi, selecting the pcm track, because the only 2 audio tracks are dts and pcm, the dvd is The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over. It rips the audio and afterwards i check to see if the audio file is playable and it is. I load the project in TMPGenc, loading the d2v and the pcm track. It gets to about 10 minutes into the encoding then an error message pops up that says: Read error occurred at address 01445F2B of module 'Dvd2Avi.Vfp'with 01C1DEBF. I have tried re-ripping the audio a few times, used different versions of tmpgenc and dvd2avi and get the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It isn't sure, that the error occures due to the audio.
    Do seperate video and audio encodes and see. If it work fine, mux afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whenever I've run into that error, I convert the d2v file to a dummy avi file using the VFAPI convertor app from here on vcdhelp.com. I dont know if it makes a real difference, but when I used the converted file, the resulting encode looked clearer and sharper. I'm not sure if the difference was psychological or not.
    Quote Quote