VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have created an MPEG-1 VCD and just can't seem to burn it right. First, it's 797mb, so I MUST make a CD image to burn it on a 80min CD-R/RW. I can't seem to find a program that will create an image for me. I tried VCDeasy and it said my MPEG needed "auto padding". I let it do it and the cd image came out as over 900mb and I couldn't burn it.
    The only successful CD image I made is when I multiplexed my VCD as "VCD non-standard" with TMPGEnc. I could then create the image without VCDeasy saying it needed auto padding, but when played in my DVD player (Mintek 1600) the sound in the beginning jitters and cuts out every once in a while. It's annoying and it's happened with every non-standard multiplex I've tested.

Is there a CD image creater that WON'T complain about auto padding or that BS? I tried "Mode2CDmaker" but could only get it compressed on "mode2". The problem with that was it wouldn't let my 90+ minute video play passed 85min (multiple tests failed. every movie stopped at 85 min).

Any ideas? CD image software? I'd really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you made the VCD? It sounds like a XVCD and then you must make it as VCD(non standard) and it may not work properly on all dvd players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    How did you made the VCD? It sounds like a XVCD and then you must make it as VCD(non standard) and it may not work properly on all dvd players.
    I made a mv1 with Canopus ProCoder (1110 average video bitrate, max of 5000, 352x240 resolution) and a mp2 with toolame (192kbps @ 48.0) and multiplexed them together with bbMPEG.

Like I said, it worked fine on my DVD player with Mode2CDmaker except the fact that it stops after 85 min. So the video is playable on the DVD player, but I just can't get it all on a disc successfully without multiplexing (which in turn messes up my DVD playback). Is there another CD image program I could try?
    Quote Quote  
  4. What option did you use in BBMPEG? When this happened to me it was suggested that I demux, and remux in BBMPEG using the SVCD option, NOT the MPEG2 option. WHen I did MPEG2, it took my 790 meg file and made a 900 meg image with autopadding. WHen I remuxed as SVCD, it worked like a dream!!! NO auto padding!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe not what you want, but try this, I've just done a batch encode with these settings, and they play perfectly, in synch, and the author program don't winge about it not being DVD compliant, plus I have created a VCD with these settings also

Using Canopus Procoder, which I use to convert to VCD format........

Select your Target format as MPEG1 - VCD (either PAL or NTSC), then in the Target Parameters, change the format from VCD(MPEG1) to "user defined". This will unlock all the options that normally are automatically set when you select a standard output format

Change the "Stream Type" from MPEG1 System Stream to MPEG2 Program Stream, make sure the dimensions are still the same 352x288 for PAL or 352x240 for NTSC, you can change these, but does slow down the conversion considerably. Converting to DVD format is at least 3-4 times slower, due to the dimensions

Now change the CBR/VBR type to your settings, or do what I do and increase it slightly do a CBR of 1200. There nothing stopping you from also using VBR, or increasing the CBR settings, as its not now restricted to MPEG1 standards as your now going to encode to MPEG2 standards, which allows a much higher bitrate. I've always used the CBR settings with no problems

In the audio settings, still on the same page, change the sample rate from 44100 to 48000, and make sure the audio bitrate is set at 224, with the channels set to stereo

When completed, just load in the m2p or simply rename it to MPG if the program moans, VirtualDub don't like MPEG2 formats

Thats it, you now have a VCD that will encode in MPEG 2, with DVD audio quality. Simple, and it works. I use MPEG2, maybe its just me, but I've found that this either stops or virtually removes the "jerkiness" from using MPEG1

If you want to, save this this as a profile, so that you can load it in for the next project

I use TMPGenc DVD Author to create the DVD/VCD files, especially if you only have one episode/movie, which it will accept and create the files perfectly, and quickly, just make sure you set the options to use no menu and play first track only option. Then use your burning program to create the DVD/VCD. I use Nero, but VCDEasy should be able to do the MPG to VCD for you
    Quote Quote  
  6. I downloaded DVD2SVCD and looked at the bbMPEG settings it used for MPEG-1's, and it said multiplex as "SVCD". So I tried it, and it worked! Thanks for the replies .
    Quote Quote