VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There's a movie that I compressed with dvd2one and then used Makeiteasy to update the ifo so that I could keep the menus and bonus stuff. The only problem is that the first chapter is cut off. When I open the first Vob set in power dvd the beginning is there, and when I create new ifos and look at the cell times it's there, but even when I used makeiteasy to re-update it is not there. I was wondering if someone knew how to insert the first chapter/cell time back into the ifo using ifoedit, or if anyone has a better suggestion.
    Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. why dont you update your dvd2one to version 1.1.3.

it does full disc mode with a choice of audio, no need for make it easy and ifoedit anymore.

thingimijig.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the latest verison, howver I like higher quality. If you do it the other way you can shrink the extra more than the main movie, take out subs, remove extras (like trailers) so you don't have reduce the clarity of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. in that case i would take the vob set you need to compress and the corresponding ifo and put them into a different folder and use dvd2one to shrink then put the new vobs and the original ifo back in with original then use ifoupdate in adjusted cell mode to update your ifo.

the problem with make it easy is that jdobbs as stopped working on it but still works on ifoupdate, this could be your problem.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/software.htm
    bottom of the page.

thingimijig.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you I'lll give that a try
    Quote Quote