VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Quick question:

How many minutes of data can I fit onto an 80min (800Mb) CD-R using SVCD format?

Details (only the ones you need to know):
    -29.97fps
    -2400kbps CBR (Constant Birtate!) video stream
    -224kbps Stereo, MPEG2 audio stream tooLAME

And don't go tell me to use the bitratecalc thing, because it doesn't work once you get below 70min of data (or something like that) per CD. I was messin around with it and the final bitrate doesn't change weather you have 5 minutes of data on a CD or 55. Screwed.

All I need is a measly 35min (but mandatory 224kbps stereo audio) of data on an 80min CD, with the highest quality available (but still keeping within SVCD standards).

thanks.

BTW, has anyone noticed anything weird when encoding with tooLAME? I use it, but there is one thing that I do not like. It adds static (white noise) to my audio stream, but luckily, it's quiet. But still, you can definitely notice it when listening to the original and then the compressed, not just because of compression, but you can hear white noise. I am using the latest tooLAME, 0.12h or something like that, and encoding 224kbps stereo.

AP Enterprises Ltd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    short answer: 41:30, calculated with FitCD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thanks Truman!

I gotta try that FitCD thing out for myself...

AP Enterprises Ltd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use a bitrate calculator and choose either xVCD or xSVCD, the vcdhelp.com bitrate calculator will work fine if you choose xVCD. The bitrate is the bitrate...
    Quote Quote