VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know how to trim parts that I don't want out of the Beginning and the End of my video files with it, but is there a way to cut out bad spots in the Middle with Ulead VideoStudio7(or MovieFactory2)?

Does anybody know?
    "Signature"......
    I use a Dazzle capturing system that Only lets me capture into Mpeg. So that is all I work with. I never do any DV/AVI video.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For Video Studio 7:
    • In 'EDIT' switch to thumbnail mode and use the bottom slider control under the preview window to move to the start of the section you want to cut out.
    • Now click on the 'scissors' icon and split the video at this point.
    • Click on the thumbnail that was just created to make it the focus (red border) and move the slider again to the end of the section you want to cut out and click on the 'scissors' again to split the video.
    • You should now have 3 thumbnails, the middle one will contain the part you want to cut out, select it and press the delete key - it will now be excluded from the project.
    • Repeat these steps for all the bits you want to remove.
    • Now render the file as normal, it will not include the bits you cut.

Movie Factory is a bit trickier (and confusing).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent, Bunyip

I'll give that a try.

Thanks for telling me about it.
    "Signature"......
    I use a Dazzle capturing system that Only lets me capture into Mpeg. So that is all I work with. I never do any DV/AVI video.....
    Quote Quote