VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently transferred old vhs tapes (30+ years) to dv. I intend to make a dvd.
    I am using Premiere 6.5. Which tools, effects, additional plug-ins can I use to improve the quality of the original clips (e.g. sharpness, faded colors, ..)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    temporal 2D cleaner flaXen VHS Noise Reduction Filter for virtualdub http://flaxen.dynip.com/vdf/fxvhs/help.html

other like it for avsyth

much better results than anything in premiere..
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried this filter, but the resulting AVI comes 10 times larger than the orginal (e.g. 1.4G for 140 Megs). Is it normal ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. cmangeot, How about the quality?
    It's better than before???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cmangeot
    I tried this filter, but the resulting AVI comes 10 times larger than the orginal (e.g. 1.4G for 140 Megs). Is it normal ?

A. you should be frame serving it anyway..

B. it bigger because you didnt set what type of compression you wanted first so it made a uncompressed avi ..
    Quote Quote  
  6. I cannot tell yet. I am going to cut a sample dvd with original/enhanced and check the difference (cannot see in Premiere)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by BJ_M

A. you should be frame serving it anyway..
    Can anyone give me a link on how to successfully frameserve between VirtualDub and TMPGenc?
    What's "taters", precious?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you very much.
    What's "taters", precious?
    Quote Quote